Asmoday And What It Means To Be A Living God

Communing with Asmoday this morning, he gave me this message, which I wanted to share with you all:
“Don’t ask me for help and please don’t beg me for help. Take my power inside of you and claim it for yourself!” I remembered EA’s latest video, where he says, “You are the living god!” I felt the pieces click together in my mind.
I think it is a huge mistake to approach spirits as a supplicant. How is that really different from Xtian prayer. We are the living gods and the power is within us!

3 Likes

There’s an interesting article here on hermetic.com about the Greek Magical Papyri, talking about the use of magickal words and vowel sounds, and it describes self-identification with a god (an existing, known god in this case) during ritual as the key to the Egyptians magickal power.

I believe there’s a lot to be said for it as a technique, I’ve barely scratched the surface, but since as “Eva” I’m also a non-differentiated focal point of the All, putting on a distinct godform (as a god that’s already known) makes sense, just as I put on “Professional” Eva when I answer the phone, or “Silly” Eva when I play with the dog.

Gah, clumsy comparision but yes, I think there’s something to be said for this, and that it finds an echo in the ancient grimoire trad. idea that one must master all the 72 demons recognised in some systems, when they’re seen as being reversals of the Good, that is the 72 names of God. I don’t believe that stuff, but my partner, especially, believes other people are mirrors for ourselves, and that where they irk us most, they’re actually providing a chance to grow.

I’ve used that system with an open mind and it seems useful, and it has a real knack of making annoying people just fall quietly out your life, no hexes or blustering baneful magick needed. :slight_smile:

Sorry if that’s a bit off-topic but to see so many systems, ones that I’ve seen work and others that people certainly seem able to get results from, all agreeing on some level, that to my mind indicates something close to a genuinely objective truth…?

It could also explain why so many powerfil spirits are reasonably okay with working under the grimoire traditions, if what they’'re manifesting in those is a limited “evil” aspect for the magician to conquer in herself, through an alchemical process.

1 Like

[quote=“Lilithflower, post:1, topic:6245”]Communing with Asmoday this morning, he gave me this message, which I wanted to share with you all:
“Don’t ask me for help and please don’t beg me for help. Take my power inside of you and claim it for yourself!” I remembered EA’s latest video, where he says, “You are the living god!” I felt the pieces click together in my mind.
I think it is a huge mistake to approach spirits as a supplicant. How is that really different from Xtian prayer. We are the living gods and the power is within us![/quote]

I am sorry but I don,t agree and I don,t believe this. We invoke demons in order to modify the reality and to get what WE WANT. And we become living gods at specific point because we are able to do this. Xtians are praying but they must accept what o mighty is giving them (god or bad) IF HE WANTS AND WHEN HE WANTS! Lol! How many times did I hear this…

I agree with it. But there are secrets to that which I will not share as what this person or Asmodeus said is big enough a clue.

There are also esoteric Xian schools of thought for whom the aim is to become LIKE Christ, that is, performing miracles, commanding the power of “the Father” (or the Holy Ghost) on earth, I mean that’s not my cup of tea but some people believe it, and also hva estuff reating to this concept from the era when their main guy was actually alive to show that was the direction he intended people to go in, hence the “only through Me can you access the kindgom of heaven” etc (paraphrasing horribly there but hopefully the idea survives intact!).

I’m not into it myself, but not all Xians think alike, in terms of expecting and obeying dictats, some think in terms of becoming literally like Christ and therefore able to channel that power.

There are also esoteric Xian schools of thought for whom the aim is to become LIKE Christ, that is, performing miracles, commanding the power of “the Father” (or the Holy Ghost) on earth, I mean that’s not my cup of tea but some people believe it, and also hva estuff reating to this concept from the era when their main guy was actually alive to show that was the direction he intended people to go in, hence the “only through Me can you access the kindgom of heaven” etc (paraphrasing horribly there but hopefully the idea survives intact!).

I’m not into it myself, but not all Xians think alike, in terms of expecting and obeying dictats, some think in terms of becoming literally like Christ and therefore able to channel that power.[/quote]

The one’s your thinking of are a specific branch of Christianity called Pentecostal/Charismatic/Apostolic Christians. They’re pretty awesome and they waver church to church from being the most judgemental jerkholes ever, “You masturbated last night? Son, you’re possessed by the devil! We got to get the elders to pray over you right now!” to being the most accepting loving people you will ever meet. They have an emphasis on the Holy Spirit and operating in the spiritual powers, called the gifts of the Spirit.

Do you agree with me or with lilithflower?