Asking for a Helping Hand

Hello, I am just now getting ready to start to put E.A’s work to use and I feel as if I need a mentor or just a helping hand/tips from someone that could further advance myself into the occult. What I mean is someone that could message me or we could also video chat if possible. I just know that I have magickal potential inside me but I really dont know where to begin. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to confer with someone about some problems that I am having at home and how to get rid of them or clear them up. Thank you so much in advance to anyone that helps me.

~We all carry these things inside that no one else can see.
They hold us down like anchors. They drown us out at sea

[quote=“oliellis, post:1, topic:4497”]~We all carry these things inside that no one else can see.
They hold us down like anchors. They drown us out at sea[/quote]

Or, these things turn us into really good swimmers, once we learn to rid ourselves of them.

If you’re just starting out, you need to learn, through meditation, to separate the SELF from the thoughts and emotions that masquerade as the self. Watch the movie Revolver for a better idea of how this works. This bundle of thought and emotion is how the ego experiences the world around it; how it differentiates “I am” from “I am not.” You can accomplish this by simply observing dispassionately your own thoughts.

Once the ego is properly quieted (or, if you prefer, harnessed as a tool), the real work may begin. If you’re following EA’s work, I imagine you’re familiar with what he calls the “Three Godlike Powers.” Here is a very basic, broken down, lowest common denominator view of how they work, and their relation to what you learned above:

Divination is simply the art of quieting the mind to the point where it is as still as a glassy lake, without a single ripple, and then peering into the reflection of the lake. The ego desires to see what it wants to see, creating ripples and distorting the view. It must be held in check at all costs. Trust completely whatever it is you see.

Evocation is, ah… controversial… regarding this, in terms of whether the spirits are internal or external, but I think most will agree with me when I say that where divination is a passive “receiving” process, evocation is the active “projecting” process. My own personal beliefs are that the operator (you) directs and shapes the force that is the spirit towards a particular end.

Soul travel is simply separating the Self from the physical vessel that momentarily contains it.

For now, just concern yourself with that meditation, then learn divination (most people choose Tarot or Runes as their first discipline, but you can “read” practically anything; tea leaves, blood spray patterns off of an animal you hunted and slew, cappuccino broth, ripples in a cup of coffee placed on the bed of a tow truck, anything)

As for your current “issues,” without knowing specifics, I can simply only recommend you find a relevant hoodoo spell. The ones who deride it as “folk magick for illiterate peasants” are usually the ones constantly succumbing to it. :wink:

[quote=“Creed, post:2, topic:4497”][quote=“oliellis, post:1, topic:4497”]~We all carry these things inside that no one else can see.
They hold us down like anchors. They drown us out at sea[/quote]

Or, these things turn us into really good swimmers, once we learn to rid ourselves of them.

If you’re just starting out, you need to learn, through meditation, to separate the SELF from the thoughts and emotions that masquerade as the self. Watch the movie Revolver for a better idea of how this works. This bundle of thought and emotion is how the ego experiences the world around it; how it differentiates “I am” from “I am not.” You can accomplish this by simply observing dispassionately your own thoughts.

Once the ego is properly quieted (or, if you prefer, harnessed as a tool), the real work may begin. If you’re following EA’s work, I imagine you’re familiar with what he calls the “Three Godlike Powers.” Here is a very basic, broken down, lowest common denominator view of how they work, and their relation to what you learned above:

Divination is simply the art of quieting the mind to the point where it is as still as a glassy lake, without a single ripple, and then peering into the reflection of the lake. The ego desires to see what it wants to see, creating ripples and distorting the view. It must be held in check at all costs. Trust completely whatever it is you see.

Evocation is, ah… controversial… regarding this, in terms of whether the spirits are internal or external, but I think most will agree with me when I say that where divination is a passive “receiving” process, evocation is the active “projecting” process. My own personal beliefs are that the operator (you) directs and shapes the force that is the spirit towards a particular end.

Soul travel is simply separating the Self from the physical vessel that momentarily contains it.

For now, just concern yourself with that meditation, then learn divination (most people choose Tarot or Runes as their first discipline, but you can “read” practically anything; tea leaves, blood spray patterns off of an animal you hunted and slew, cappuccino broth, ripples in a cup of coffee placed on the bed of a tow truck, anything)

As for your current “issues,” without knowing specifics, I can simply only recommend you find a relevant hoodoo spell. The ones who deride it as “folk magick for illiterate peasants” are usually the ones constantly succumbing to it. ;)[/quote]

Well said.

I’d also add that if you want to read up on evocation and prepatory immersion to check out the articles on EA’s site. And read this forum, I’m finding a lot of tremendous info here myself.