Asking for a friend

So my Wiccan friend is now turning over to Lhp occult practices and philosophy. However she did a self dedication ritual. I was thinking if baptisms are like Christian dedications, and those can be broken with renunciation rites, could she not do the same with a Wiccan dedication rite?

5 Likes

Meh i just continued tell her to think of it more like an expansion of her journey. Doesn’t mean she needs to give up her go to practice the basics are pretty much there she just needs to expand to her new finds. Also introduce her to a more balanced view of light and dark their there wether she likes it or not lol.

4 Likes

She’s not trying to give up her basics per se more like she just doesn’t want to be dedicated to Wicca specifically, as she states it

She has a decent balance, however it could use some work.

3 Likes

The only way shes going to do that is by doing the workings and discovering her guides both light and dark. Like all things takes time tell her to start researching which philosophies she’s drawn to and take it from there really.

3 Likes

Another question she has is whether the Wiccan dedication will hinder any of her “darker” abilities, such as Baneful Magick, etc.

2 Likes

In the oldest Christian denominations (Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and the Churches of the East) Baptism (and Confirmation/Chrismation and Holy Orders) bestow indelible marks upon the soul. So, once someone is baptized at any point, they are always baptized for the rest of their life. I don’t believe that I could remove the mark of my baptism, but I can remove it’s grace by severe sin, which I have. I’ve also been excommunicated, so I have a few hoops to jump through should I ever wish to rejoin the Catholic Church.

3 Likes

I doubt it. I think once she starts her path and develops her own understanding of things slowly things will start moving along.

3 Likes

She says thank you

3 Likes

I have a ritual that might work if you are interested. Never had to use it myself though since I have never been part of the JCI. Baptism isn’t a blood pact. I am pretty sure that it can be removed. The JCI has not the power to truly bind you for eternity.

1 Like

Might I borrow it?

@Aiden_Crow I will send by PM

1 Like

I also think she can, and I wrote something about this general topic before:

Downvote though coz this OP didn’t have “So my friend was getting out the shower and he slipped on a bar of soap…” as the first line! :stuck_out_tongue: :grin:

3 Likes

Simply acknowledging and/or embracing the darker aspects of spirits and spirituality is blasphemous enough, especially for a Wiccan.

@FraterMagni I assume then you share my contempt for the False Light?

1 Like

@TheStorm Indeed. The false light of the JCI is what got us into this mess.

1 Like

Precisely. Though I would say Wicca is very close to being part of the mess themselves. Always pandering to false moral notions that restrict the Spirit. I know of no Wiccan with any meaningful degree of real power.

1 Like

I’ve been through dedication and renunciation before. The rite can be as simple as a verbal statement like “I leave behind what I was and walk forward into what I will become.” Specific renunciations also sometimes help, and can be equally simple

3 Likes

@TheStorm You’re right on the money with that one. Wiccans are hypocrites in many ways. Their influence has seeped into a great many pagan communities sadly. The taint of the false light seems to be seeking ways to grow as its primary viral strain (Christianity) is in it’s death throes.

1 Like

Yes indeed. With a lot of the neopagan groups the influence of the false light can be seen all too much. The most ironic thing of course is that I am pretty sure actual pagans would be the first to refute their views.

I’m sure of that as well. Maybe we should continue this discussion in the DMs as not to derail the discussion of the thread.

1 Like