Ascentment/Magick without Visualization

There’s a book called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce that focuses on feeling rather than seeing and this may help if you’re trying to astral project as well as feeling energy. There’s also Mastering Astral Projection in 90 Days by Robert Bruce if you want a more gradual and steady build towards astral projection

4 Likes

You can definitely meditate without visualization. I do that all the time. Use Pranayama, mantras, mudras, or your breath. Or all of them at once. You can also stop your thoughts and be aware in your body. Check out Zazen meditation and Hara-breathing to channel some serious dragon power. Tantrism focus alot on mantra meditation and some of the goddesses are indeed very dark and demonic. Study the different energy centras in our bodies. You need tog strenghten your system alot anyway before you can successfully commune with nightside forces and have lasting transformative experiences. I promise you, you don’t need visualization or candles. These forces will understand your situation and judge you only by will and devotion towards them.

2 Likes

Thanks I just got both of them & will try them out.

3 Likes

Yeah I plan on doing them, & yeah I like working with very dark & demonic better than like light angels like Michael, not saying Lucifer because that’'s a differ story, but I don’t really care that much if they are dark or not. I usually like ones that i have some kind of pull too like there telling me to come here or something like that & thanks

1 Like

I will only be able to see & reply on here from 8:00 am to 2:55 pm on mondays & thursdays so if late response sorry

2 Likes

Welcome @Brayden_Fleener It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I think they mostly covered it but I will drop a line in here that I have aphantasia, and while I can dream vividly, and I can see during projection and journeys- I cannot make any sort of picture with my mind. I tried for a long time to learn how and with aphantasia- I don’t even get after images.

It doesn’t effect my ability to do magic however, when ever something tells me to visualize, I do what I can instead. If it wants me to visualize a dark cave, I’ll imagine what the cave would feel like. It’s cool and it’s damp and what sounds are there? What does it smell like? Is the stone cool to the touch? etc.

Look into energy work and clairsentience is my other thought as without the ability to visualize, I’ve found this has helped me tremendously. I figured if I can’t see it, then I had to figure out how to feel it.

I also find spirits can give me visual impressions, they are brief, look like they are in the distance, usually vague, but also clearly something not here in the physical world. Some types of spirits are clearer for me than others, but since I cannot make images with my mind period- when I see something, I know I saw it (or that I’m loosing it and going crazy. Either one ya know.)

4 Likes

Before I get on this forum, I had no idea about aphantasia. I am not able to visualize anything, and anytime someone would tell me to visualize something, I thought I was doing it wrong, or I was just bad or I don’t know. So like, I can imagine it, but with words mostly. And as Keteriya said, now I try to feel, or hear more than seeing. It still not that great, but better than nothing :grin:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t know until about five years ago people could actually visualize lmao. I had to ask every one I knew about it, and I’ve yet to meet in the physical someone else like me, with zero ability to make a picture in their mind.

Both of my kids says theirs is so clear it’s like it’s real and I’m like damned. I swear that could be a lot of fun lmao…

2 Likes

Yeeees, I mean, I knew people could visualize things, I just thought I was bad at it :rofl: Kinda sad in a way.
If you tell me to visualize a green apple… Well, there is nothing, just pitch black. I can kinda see some lights when I meditate, but that’s about it.

And funny thing is, even though I can’t visualize, I have such a great imagination. I can have full stories in my head, and play them.

2 Likes

Oh. I can even visualize with eyes open, i actually visualized a green apple as i’m writing this , i mean creating a mental image in my head though they are not as vivid :sweat_smile:
but i still suck at it lol.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Yeah mostly how I am

But isnt that just day dreaming?

1 Like

No, I’m talking about mental image,
Like when you hear sweets, you get a picture in your head? And sometimes taste and smell. Just like that. but i visualize too xD

1 Like

Thats basically day dreaming because when your day dreamin your making a mental image in your head with your eyes open.

1 Like

Okay lol,
Yes I day dream xDD

1 Like

I am curious, try something for me. Close your eyes and imagine a chair, can you see a chair in your mind? If you look at a chair first then close your eyes can you “see” the chair? If so then you can visualize! I have yet to find anyone who truly can’t visualize. If you dream, you can visualize.

2 Likes

No i can’t i just tried it & dreaming is different than visualizing

Yeah I would always grype to my parents because they could vizualise & they never use it xD