Asbjorn Torvol updates?

Does anybody have any news about this author? His website is down, YouTube presence hasn’t been active in a while. Ditto Facebook and Twitter.

I heard he was wrestling now. But that was through the grapevine. I really havent heard anything about him doing any magical stuff in a while.

3 Likes

Thanks Goddess_Astarte. That’s what I thought. A shame. He was very good for the Northern tradition / Asatru community. I found his perspectives refreshing and him personally to be a talented young magician.

3 Likes

He’s dropped out of the public scene for good, focusing on his life, getting married, and all that good stuff. No more writing or anything, and he stopped doing magickal services quite some time ago. Though still practices in private. Just staying out of the public eye.

This is all straight from him. I worked with him as a team member on his Presoteric project before it was shelved.

7 Likes

Thanks Banjax. I hope that it will prove to be a temporary hiatus. He has a lot to offer to the magical community in general and the Norse community in particular.

I heard he got into it with Joey Morris and E.A.

Got into wrestling?

More like Joey is his ex, and she and Asbjorn had difficulties. As far as EA goes, no idea. But I am not going to speculate. I think Asbjorns philosophy and worldview simply began to clash with the BALG framework and the majority of the occult scene. Plus, from my understanding, alot of people were trying to start drama and bring his family into it. So all of that combined lead to a “Fuck it, I’m out” moment.

5 Likes

Perhaps when the “drama dust” settles, he might consider taking up teaching seriously.

Honestly, I doubt it. This all went down quite a while ago and he seems to be getting along fine without being in the public. There was alot that went into his choice to leave, and it looks to be permanent, as he focuses on himself and his family.

1 Like

So he wouldn’t be doing apprenticeships anymore?

I don’t think so. He’s made a hard point in saying he is done with magick in any sort of exchange, especially if money is involved. Honestly he even separated himself from the “Asbjorn” name prior to his departure, saying he was putting it in the past.

3 Likes

Thanks Banjax. If you are in communication with him please tell him that his former apprentice wishes him well.

2 Likes

Thats just what I heard :sweat_smile: it may or may not be the truth so take it with a grain of salt. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This.

So from what i understand, he is no longer a sorcerer?

1 Like

Last I heard from him is that he still will do his thing in private to his own ends, but he won’t be public about it or even want to discuss it with anyone.

3 Likes

And i oop.

Lol

Yea I made a joke about going into wrestling and made some posts to make it seem real, mostly to distract the folks still on my list from what I was actually doing. It worked too.

But no I’m not doing wrestling.

I mean come on, iv had back injuries for years now and everyone knew about it. You think I’d seriously get into that haha.

3 Likes

Yo. Just wanted to say if I misremembered anything you said up there in my earlier posts or anything, I’ll be happy to correct or have them removed to avoid any misinformation.

1 Like

Your all good no need :slight_smile:

3 Likes