Are You Ever Afraid of Losing Your Mind by Practicing Occult?

@ChiNami a lot of people go crazy on this path. I’m not saying that there aren’t people that are crazy out of this path though.

Going back to the world is not a choice. Being Right Hand Path or Left Hand Path was never a choice to anyone - it’s an illusion to think we have a choice. We are fruit of the Gods and they want us to “worship” them to get things flowing, 'cause they also feed on that “worship” (they get more powerful).

If I could I would not be either RHP or LHP. Now I’m currently more interested in the LHP though, to learn more things from this side of the game (meaning from the deities themselves).

But yeah we don’t have any choice - that’s what I’ve heard from countless spirits before: “we are slaves” while I was still going to light places. Also, if you quit the LHP you’ll get unprotected from attacks and things in your life will surely not flow as easily.

It’s silly to think we need magick to be able to enjoy more decent kind of living… but yeah we never created that… the need for magick comes from the Gods… and Gods taught us magick… so… that’s what they want us to do.

I was thought: “what is the point in life? I didn’t create my soul - I never asked for any of this. What’s this for??”. So, you didn’t ask to be a soul neither, you were created to be, so you are because you were created.

1 Like

I think in my case i started getting into the occult because i had ALREADY lost my mind and was having a bad time.

4 Likes

Yeah don’t worry … I feel crazy too
Guess we all feel at some point
But for me … I do what I love to do and have no intention to harm anyone
And I think that is the most important thing

6 Likes

I’m not afraid of losing my mind because of practicing LHP but because of not doing it lol. I mean everyday we are manipulated by media : internet, tv, music, movies… so we don’t even know if our minds aren’t already altered. I guess mine already is.

3 Likes

Very true. I used to worry that manipulating people was a bad thing, but then I realized that they are already manipulated anyway, sometimes to do things that are counter productive to my goals.

2 Likes

Welcome @Jorjet. Please make an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

All of the above, darling. Be as Reckless and as ruthless as possible, feed the ego, indulge your inner desires, and do whatever the hell you wish.

People may say this things like it’s a bad thing, but I consider all of those titles to be a mark of Honor.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.

1 Like

Sometimes I joke with myself that I’m already crazy, and concerning spirituality, indeed it proposes an higher “mental health” where the mind is cleanier than usual, at the start of the path (for example in Hermeticism) an equilibrium is even purposely broken.
To reply a few of my very own doubts, I have to remember that while practicing Magick the key is definitely to believe; afterwards I’m encouraged to check adherence to reality.

1 Like

It’s probably a good thing to stay grounded some by making sure to take care of tasks of daily living, enjoy some time in nature, socialize a bit, etc. Sometimes I enjoy magick almost like conducting science experiments—seeing what seems to work while playfully acknowledging the element of uncertainty involved. Besides—there does seem like there are some societal forces and peer pressures in the world that do try to make people conform to some mundane paradigms. So I acknowledge to myself that I am doing magick rituals, reading about magick, etc., just because I want to do so, even if someone else might judge it as weird or crazy, etc. Some other people will be prone to judge others anyway, no matter what we do or say, so I don’t want to waste a lot of time or energy jumping through hoops for anyone who is predisposed to judge me in a negative way. I’m not a danger to myself or others (sort of the legalize that is used to involuntarily commit someone for psychiatric reasons) so I feel like I should claim the freedom in my own home to do what I want. The only way I could ever become dangerous to others would be if I was in self-defense mode, like a home invasion, if someone attacked me, that sort of thing. And the doctors I have had don’t think I need any kind of psychiatric meds, so that’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

As one poster wrote, the occult is what keeps me sane. I have an anxiety disorder and PTSD, so life is extremely tough for me at times. Rather than talk to DRs that just want to toss pills my way and shoo me out of their office, I can just talk to a spirit and get whatever guidance I need. They won’t take the anxiety and emotional trauma away, but I’m learning how to deal with it better. I get great advice on how to deal with my anger, anxiety and animosity. I’m not judged, I’m not looked down upon, I’m not talked down to, the spirits with whom I communicate are patient and kind and just sit while I cry or vent.

Even coming here to talk about this stuff, nobody ever judges me or anyone else. This is what keeps me sane.

10 Likes

I thought about it, But the Occult actually calms me down. and I focus and react better in life. I love it best decision I did in my life. we live and learn, just overcome your fears.

6 Likes

It all comes down to what ‘losing your mind’ actually means. Yeah, you’re doing something that’s against the norm. Maybe if someone saw you doing a ritual he may think you’ve lost your mind. But if I see someone sitting in front of the TV with an open mouth, watching trashy reality shows and eating fast food every day, I think they have lost their minds.
Being out of the norm, being ‘different’ (you’re actually not different, you just don’t fill your mind with trash) has got nothing to do with losing your mind.

5 Likes

No matter how crazy you think you are, unless you have serious thoughts of ending your life, Do NOT take psychiatric meds, they will fuck you up with the side effects

7 Likes

One is insane only when their perceptions and/or conceptions are disconnected from reality. The occult practiced correctly never keeps one insane for long, or without purpose. It also tends to make one not fear shit.

2 Likes

Beat the fear out of yourself!

if you aren’t willing to go “crazy” then you will never be receiving the truth from the Gods and Goddesses. sorry to say but the path is walked when you decide to let the spirits fully possess you for several years.
(…hafthor likes drinking to excess lol)

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Also,
Sometimes I have paranoid thoughts.

Hahaha

1 Like

I’m completely insane but a little crazy in a mad world can be healthy. I think you got to be nuts to begin with but try to think of it this way… They are crazy and as you follow your path you start to become sane.

7 Likes

Frankly, I believe it is common for many to fear it to some degree at some point or another. Some recognize it, some do not. The fear doesn’t matter so much as what we do after. I chose to continue, pushing deeper than before, to use that fear as a catalyst to strengthen my self.

I find the litany against fear from Dune to contain profound wisdom.

I must not fear
Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my fear
I will let it pass over me and through me
When the fear has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing
Only I will remain.

10 Likes

One of the virtues of the left path that I have managed to analyze over the years is that mental benestar includes emotional well-being, which consists in the ability to handle emotions. This does not mean that they should be repressed, but quite the opposite. Recognizing and accepting them, and feeling comfortable when unpleasant emotions are manifested, is synonymous with emotional balance.The interaction the deities with whom I have worked have always pointed and expressed me /// Do not neglect your own well-being and your worldly life by magic . The spiritual ascent can distract you from your outer life and incline you to postpone and neglect your obligations /// they always point me to the secret of loving oneself, showing flexibility to change, and resolving conflicts and tensions with others. They help us maintain emotional balance and enjoy life fully. In my evolution I have been able to determine that meeting oneself is a priority for emotional balance, and on many occasions this requires will. In addition, to maintain emotional balance it is positive to adopt a series of habits that allow you to be connected with yourself. When you take your time to clean up your mental space, you avoid emotional fatigue.
These habits help you to be in harmony with your interior and with your environment. In all this, when the body and mind work together to create a healthy environment, an environment conducive to maintaining emotional balance is built, that is, an emotional and mental balance is produced, which makes you stronger. When you change your mind and the way you do things, you change your world. To maintain emotional balance, you can adopt these habits.

It is my appreciation of the issue raised!

4 Likes

Or, how about this, ask a demon to teach you the real way the world actually works instead of the delusions you were feed that don’t match up to reality.

2 Likes