Are Goetic Demons ruled by Planets?

I have been wondering if any of you have experienced Goetic demons corresponding to certain planets?
I know some site have them listed as such, but the source is always absent and many are listed as several planets or different planets than others. For example a lot of stuff I have seen in books and the like say that Bune is linked to Saturn, most online say Venus. Some even say solar and jupiter. What have your experience been.

3 Likes

This is the set of correspondences that I use for my work with the Goetia. Works fabulously for me.

Of course there are other versions I’ve read too but after some experimentation I found this to be best.

I don’t know that I’d say Goetic demons are necessarily “ruled” by planets but I would say they “jive” with certain planetary energies.

4 Likes

TLDR; method 2 gives you a lot more insight than anything on the internet can, plus you get street cred (demons seeing how big your balls are), and general experience that never hurts progression.

The world is full of lies and misinformation. I suggest you take some of the basics and just learn from experience. It’s a scary idea, so start somewhere small, something like gaining insight on a topic you are aware of.

I suggest picking the chosen Goetic divinity and opening yourself to it. Let THEM give you THEIR answer. Trust yourself that you’re getting the right answers because YOU’RE the one who’s asking. Infernal entites are funny like that, they reward your brazen actions as it truly makes your strengths of characters noticable, giving THEM awareness of YOUR attributes. Like asking someone their star sign and they reciprocate. Now you both have the basic understanding of each other.

On that note, an alternate method could be a meditation or rite where you make your ruling planet or planet of interest known, and the appropriate intelligences will come to you.

I recommend this one even if you aren’t advance (getting that desensitizing riiiight out of the way ;p ) as Infernal divinities are all tricksters to some degree. It’s how they sharpen the double edged knife you call power.

This is especially useful because you can become aware of different powers, like finding what someone majored and minored in college before you hire them for that specific job.

2 Likes

Demons are not ruled by the planets, but the planets are ruled by the demons. The classical planets can also indicate the Qlipha of the demon.

1 Like

A few years ago I searched for their elemental and planetary correspondences on the basis of their appearances and powers; for example I looked in Agrippa’s 1st book, and also in Lemegeton where the Goetic’s ranks are discussed.
Bune is rather Saturnian (money, the dead, dragon or snake), wealth powers may have to do also with Sun or Jupiter and sometimes a Spirit have such powers that it’s difficult to find which of these 2 planets is the “right” one but it may be by all means that an entity has more than one planetary attribution.

1 Like

The planets represent energetic modes or tones. The Planetary symbols are ancient shorthand for describing specific energies. For instance Planetary shorthand could be used to describe your aspects. It is a general language of correspondances that can be used to describe anything.

If you are angry you may be martial or Saturnian or both. In so far as how you manifest that emotion. You could even be described as mercurial.

Saying that a demon or any spirit is Ruled by a planet is a blind. To say that as a rule (primary attributes) describe the way a demon manifests or communicates.

No spirit or demon is a one note tone. So it can be accurate to use Planetary shorthand to describe the primary attributes of a demon or spirit.

Just know that the spirits interaction with you is going to be far more nuanced than a simple system of correspondances.

Have a great day.

1 Like