Archangel sigils - can they be used for ANY of their faculties/rulerships/abilities?

Hi guys,

Just to give you an example, according to this site: Archangel Raphael and the Planet Mercury - Angelic and Magical Correspondences

the abilities of the archangel Raphael are as follows:

Magical Intention: Business success and the will to succeed. Influencing people, theatre, mental ability and gifted speaking. Wednesday’s vibration adds power to rituals involving inspiration, communications, writers, poets, the written and spoken word, and all matters of study, learning, and teaching. This day also provides a good time to begin efforts involving self-improvement or understanding.

Rulerships: Road, rail, or air travel, commerce, healing, the media, mathematics, science, industry, intelligence, eloquence, and prophesy, business, buying and selling, cleverness, communication, contracts, creativity, information, memory, perception, science, wisdom, writing.

I have GoM’s “Archangels of Magick” book, which does mention some of Raphael’s abilities. However, many of this abilities that I mentioned above, are not actually listed in that book.

Are the sigils in the GoM book specific for the abilities mentioned in the book? Or is it actually possible to use them to ask for his help in the areas I mentioned above? For example business, eloquence, mathematics (which are not listed in the book). What’s the best way to achieve this?

4 Likes

I’m not really sure why someone would need to use different sigils for different things when they’re contacting the same being. Most people just use the “most common” sigil.

Makes total sense!

So does that mean that the archangel sigils (in that GoM book that I mentioned above) can be utilized to ask for their help in areas that are not mentioned in the book then?

I haven’t read the book, but I don’t see why not. If it’s associated with the same being, then they should still be able to be evoked with it.

I’d give it a shot and see what happens.

Hello, so generally speaking I would trust what’s in Damon Brand’s book. The Gallery is clearly very, very knowledgeable of and experienced with angelic magick. Their books and website are well-written, and the power of the magick truly speaks for itself.

If you look at the description of Raphael’s powers in the chapter on Evocation, you can draw some similarities between the powers described on that website and in the book, though also some stark contrasts. I would never call upon Raphael for “buying and selling,” for instance. For that I would seek Raziel (well, I would actually use a talisman in Magickal Riches which is distinctly for that purpose, which I have gotten good results from).

Again, generally speaking I would trust what’s in the book over what you find online. If the archangels reveal other powers to you through your personal work with them, then obviously I would trust that information, but generally I would stick to the book, especially if you are new to working with them.

As for the sigils, my understanding is that the basic sigils listed under the “Sigil Rituals” chapter will provide you with a solid connection to the archangel, without the need for a more extensive invocation or evocation. Any of the archangel’s powers can be accessed through the sigil, but the descriptions of the powers in the book are some concrete examples of how those powers may be applied. Consider them just like you would a Goetic demon’s seal, for instance.

You’ll notice that the later chapters on invocation and evocation each have their own unique sigils as well. The reason for this, to my understanding, is that you are tapping into more specific, but also more powerful, aspects of the archangels that respond more strongly to the style of magick employed in those chapters.

The sigil rituals could be described as an invocation as well, but there’s a big difference between it and the later rituals. The sigil rituals are a way of expressing the power of the archangel, in yourself, your life, or in others. The invocations are a way of fundamentally changing your self, so that you become more like the archangel being invoked.

For example, Raphael is associated with the quality of Deep Perception, described in the book as the power “to see things not only for what they are but for what they mean and how they relate to all other things.” This is a quality that the being Rapahel possesses, and by invoking the archangel, you become a being who also possesses this quality.

I have taken on many of these qualities, and the magick is quite profound. One of my favorite’s is Kamael’s quality of Genius (to have rapid, accurate, and helpful thoughts), which I have taken on twice, once for general academic intelligence, and once for music (also have Sandalphon’s quality of Musicality). The results are rather interesting, because they become expressed as a natural part of who you are.

The sigils for evocation are also important to use, as they include many of the Secret Names that give you access to aspects of the archangels that respond more potently to evocation. Indeed, this form of evocation is really more of a blend between evocation and invocation, making it rather more powerful than a standard evocation, where the spirit is almost entirely called forth outside of you.

As for your desires, Raziel and Tzadkiel are good for business-matters, though in different ways, Uriel is good for improving your communication abilities, and Metatron, Uriel, and Raziel can help with learning, though again they are each suited to different situations, which the book elaborates on.

I wish you the best on your journey with the archangels :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi Shinri,

What a very enlightening post…thanks!

That’s a super interesting point you made about Kamael’s quality of genius.

1. How long after the ritual did you start seeing results? Minutes? Hours? Days?

2. How did the results manifest exactly? Did you start having brilliant ideas/thoughts? And did you start having the ability to think really quickly with accurate results?

And after invoking Sandalphon, you were able to produce some beautiful music?

1. And quite importantly: how long do the invocation effects last? Is it something that we have to do every single time? (for example, would a student need to invoke Kamael’s genius quality, for every school exam?) Or is it: 1 single invocation, and then we’ll have the archangel’s quality for the rest of our lives?

(If it’s the latter, then it’s really amazing, isn’t it…because with great intelligence, a person can for instance find great business ideas, start, run, and sustain a successful business, etc…I think the genius quality would open so many doors…wow…it almost sounds too good to be true? :-))

1. There’s someone at work (a higher up) whom I dislike (and many people dislike him too) because he can be very condescending, intimidating and demeaning. I don’t want to harm him in any way, but I just wish he’d stop being such a person and be more respectful towards others…not sure which archangel could help with this? I think Michael is probably good since he’s the protector…and I think the book mentions that Michael helps us deal with bullies…but I’m not too sure though…any thoughts?
1 Like

If I recall correctly, Kamael was actually the first archangel I invoked, and I did so around the time the semester was beginning for me. I would say that the effects subtly grew over time. I didn’t exactly notice anything at first, and honestly I forgot all about the magick for a while. When I looked back some weeks and months later, there was a definite increase in my intellectual ability, beyond which I would normally notice in a semester. I was able to learn and understand everything much more easily, and my writing abilities improved rather dramatically.

I suppose these things could have happened even without the magick, but it seems that it helped things move along a lot more quickly, and that it presented me with opportunities to hone my intellect in new and diverse ways, both in school and outside. The second time I performed it, for music, was before I started studying counterpoint. While the exercises were still challenging, they always came out rather good, and were actually musical.

I noticed the results from the Sandalphon invocation much, much more quickly. The day after performing the invocation, a buddy of mine was jamming around my place, and when I sat down to play a little piano I was completely shocked by what my hand was doing. It just clicked for me, way more than it ever had before (I was improvising). I did a ritual with him and Iophiel for a concert later that year as well, and wow. The day before I was just hoping for the best with the mediocre solos I was playing in the practice room. I’m really glad my friend recorded me, cause it was way more beautiful than anything I’d ever managed before.

These qualities will stay with you forever, and there is no need to repeat the ritual. However, repeating an invocation should strengthen that quality beyond what you had achieved prior to that. The effects unfold over many weeks and months so there is no need to continuously repeat them, but some years down the line you may feel drawn to a quality again when strengthening it could improve your situation. (for exams though, I like to do a quick Words of Power ritual when I begin studying to seal the deal, all A’s so far)

I definitely agree with you that improving your intelligence is an excellent use of magick, but it’s important to remember that magick works much more readily when you help it out too. It’ll make you smarter even if you don’t apply your intellect in some way, but actively attempting to do so will magnify the effects rather greatly. But yeah, the quality of genius is pretty bonkers, would recommend.

Michael would definitely be a good choice for your business situation. I’ve called upon him to protect a friend from an abusive parent while she was staying with her for a few days, and she later told me that her mother had been strangely subdued during that time. However, I would consider the possibility of needing to remove this person from your environment as well.

There’s no need to harm this person if you do not want to do that, and I don’t want to talk you into doing something you don’t feel comfortable with, but I think it’s important to realize that many people like this do not change. You could perhaps make them change with some extensive magickal work, but if you and those around you are being harmed by this individual’s actions, you have every right to defend yourself and to remove them from your life.

Not everyone will be resistant to such change, but I have tried to change people in the past who were very narcissistic, and while some parts of them did change for a time, changing someone completely in a lasting way can take much more time and effort. You may attempt this if you wish, but it is not your responsibility to put-up with this behavior if you do not want to do so. They chose to behave the way that they did, not you, and you have every right to prevent them from treating you and those you care about in this way.

To do this, you may want to look into Angels of Wrath or Magickal Attack. The former has a ritual to Force Exile, while the latter has a ritual to Remove Somebody from Your Life that employs a demon. If you’d rather this person come to no harm, you can specify that in the ritual. If you do so it may take more time to remove this individual, so it would behoove you to also bind them with Michael or through one of the rituals in the above books.

For your situation, I would call upon Michael first and see how that goes. If that fixes things up then great, no need for you to put forth any more effort. If things improve, but still are not where you’d like them to be, then you may want to look into more forceful means of self-defense.

If you have any other questions about the archangels please feel free to ask, always happy to help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Shinri, thanks for the great stories! I always love reading great stories like that :slight_smile:

When doing Kamael’s “genius” ritual, did you simply request “please make me more intelligent”? Or…?

(You should share that recorded music if you uploaded it to YouTube! ;))

As far as I’m concerned, intelligent people are those who have a lot of “grey matter” in their brain (apparently, Einstein had way more grey matter than the average humans!) Do you think the genius ritual somehow causes our brain to have more grey matter?

Interesting that you mentioned the “force exile” ritual from Angels of Wrath. Do you think that ritual can be used to make that mean person move to another company with a better position and salary? That would be a great way to “remove” him without harming him.

Could you please list the names of the angels of the first heaven in Angels of Wrath?

Also, the book features angels of the second heaven, which I think are fallen angels. Isn’t it dangerous to invoke them?

1 Like

Hi Shinri! Hope you had a great weekend :-). Any thoughts about my last post?

1 Like

Hi, sorry I didn’t get a notification about your message, if you smash that like button when you reply I’ll be sure to see it. For the genius invocation I have found it to be good to focus on a general subject or area. During the three days of the First Gate, I would look for people who I considered to be geniuses in that subject area, and see what kinds of things they said, how they thought, what they did, etc. For example, the first time through I focused on my academic studies, so I checked out some famous academics in the area, looked for qualities in my professors, stuff like that.

It would be kind of neat if the ritual changed our brains too, but I suppose I’d have to get an MRI to figure that out. I wouldn’t worry about needing to change your brain though, as in my opinion what goes on in your mind is much more important than your brain. Google “french man no brain” for a rather interesting case, btw. On that note, I always find it sort of amusing when people talk about “pineal glands” and whatnot. Like, it’s weird mystical stuff people, no need to justify it with biology or quantum what-have-you. It works, that’s what matters to me.

As for the wrathful angels, yes the “force exile” ritual can remove somebody without causing harm, which the book mentions briefly. If that’s what you want though I would be sure to specify that in your request, maybe add “causing no harm to N” at the end. Don’t worry about how the angels will do it, just know that they’ll remove the individual without doing anything that would upset you.

You can find the names of the angels in the book, but the angels of the First Heaven are led by Tehyagrah, who is associated with anger, combat, war, death, and merciless revenge. I would suggest using the book though, as Tehyagrah is called upon to oversee each operation, but there are various angels that should be called upon to enact specific powers. These lesser chiefs each also have a host of angels working beneath them, and these angels are named in the sigils.

I honestly don’t know much of the theoretical stuff behind the classifications of the angels, so I couldn’t really tell you whether the angels of the Second Heaven are “fallen,” or what that would even actually mean. What I can tell you, however, is that invoking them is only dangerous if you will regret your actions. If you call on these angels to bring great wrath, they will bring do so, quickly and effectively.

Let’s say you do the ritual to “create insomnia,” and later find out that your target has been suffering from racing, anxious thoughts every night before bed, causing them great distress and making them unable to sleep. If the thought of that makes you feel guilty or remorseful, then I would avoid the ritual. Only perform the magick if you are willing to live with the consequences.

There is no danger in the angels harming you in any way. The magick is dangerous because it works, and extremely well at that. You will get what you ask for, so be prepared for that.

If you do seek the power to “force exile,” let me give you a tip for generating the required emotion of wrath. To me, there is a difference between “wrath” and “rage.” Rage I use for demonic work, and is focused on how someone harmed or acted against me. It is passionate, primal, and self-centered.

Wrath, on the other hand, feels more like there has been a breach of Justice. The object of your wrath has acted unfairly, or has brought evil into the world. I find it very helpful to also focus on how the target has brought harm to others or the environment, in addition to myself. Wrath is about more than just me - it’s about restoring Justice to All, and I am merely the sword that delivers righteous punishment to the wicked.

6 Likes

Hi Shinri!

Thanks for the reference to “french man no brain”. Wow it’s very, very interesting! Surely there’s a lot of mysteries in this world :wink:

What’s the name of the force exile angel by the way?

So if I were to request for the person to just get a better job elsewhere, do you think it would work? Or is that too specific for the angel?

I still can’t grasp the concept of magick fully though…I mean, isn’t there the law of karma? As far as I’m concerned, what we do to someone, we will get it in return, 7 fold? :slight_smile:

Traditionally, angels have always been associated with light, and demons with darkness. What are the differences between the angels of wrath (which is darkness) and demons then?

By the way! Do you have GoM’s servitor book? It sounds very interesting…have you ever used it? What was the most interesting result you ever got? Having read the book description, looks like servitors can do literally anything we want. The question is: why would we use servitors instead of, say, angels then? What can servitors do that angels can’t, and vice versa?

1 Like

The ruling angel under Tehyagrah with the power to Force Exile is Pariel. I think there are rules for copyright and whatnot, but because the magick won’t really work without the sigils in the book that list all the angel names in specific patterns, it’s probably fine to share. Trust me, you can try to call on these angels exclusively, but I really doubt it would produce much of an effect without all the other processes described in the book.

I would just include “and cause no harm to N” or something like that in your request. The angels are very creative, and are much better at coming up with solutions than you could ever be due to their spiritual nature. Just ask that they be removed and that no harm come to them, and the angels will figure something out.

There’s also no need to worry about “Karma” or “backlash.” To my understanding, you can get what could be called “good karma,” but “bad karma” isn’t really a thing. The angels like it when you share, and they’ll reward you for sharing money, magickal results, or anything like that. They will not punish you, however, for doing what some would call “dark” or “evil” acts.

The angels are duty-bound to fulfill your Will, whatever that may be. Ask an angel to bring you some money, help you learn, get a date, whatever, and they will happily oblige. Ask an angel to destroy your enemies or bring great suffering, and they will respond just as readily. The spirits do not judge. They only provide.

The idea of the “Three-Fold Law” (or Seven-Fold I suppose) is a common superstition among some modern religious groups that recognize the reality of magick. I have two theories as to how it came about. If you curse someone, you need to be prepared to live with the results. If you feel guilty about bringing harm to someone, the magick can amplify these feelings of guilt. If you feel like you should be punished, odds are you will be. If you have no regrets, then nothing bad will come of it.

One possibility, then, is that some people got pissed off, cursed someone, and then realized they should have thought it through a bit more and felt pretty bad about it when they saw what they accomplished, which in-turn lead to them essentially cursing themselves.

My other hypothesis is that the founders of these religious movements intentionally spread this misinformation, in order to make the religion more marketable to New Agers. It’s a lot easier to sell these people stuff that way, as they can be rather resistant to education.

Ok, on to Light vs Darkness. So if you look at the subtitle of the book, it’s “Wield the Magick of Darkness with the Power of Light.” Without getting too deep into the theory, we can generalize and say that angels are beings of Light, and demons beings of Darkness. In “mainstream occultism” (a strange phrase to use indeed), angels are typically associated with acts of love, kindness, and spirituality, while demons are more associated with self-centeredness, cursing, and materialism.

While there is some truth to this, it’s a pretty gross over-generalization. I’m sure the authors know this, but marketing is a thing, and they appear to know their audience pretty well. Angels can bring life-shattering, devastating curses, and demons can bring great peace and joy. I could go more into the theory, but really in a lot of ways you’re better off discovering it for yourself I think :slight_smile:

Hang in there, almost done. The Servitor book was actually the first of the Gallery’s that I came across, and was some of the very first magick that I ever did (the first was chaos sigil magick, the classic astral spunk method). While servitors aren’t my first go-to for most problems, I think a lot of people overlook their potential.

I’ve personally found that they are great for ongoing, recurring results, as they require very little upkeep. For example, my first servitor’s purpose is to bring me things that can help my magick. I left it pretty open, and at the time my mind was going to stuff like wands and other such paraphernalia, as I thought it was needed. The results, however, ended up being mostly books, and s/he (never did assign a specific gender) still brings me good stuff to this day.

Perhaps my most often-used servitor is my stealth one. I used to smoke things in places where I probably shouldn’t have been doing so, and this guy’s definitely saved my ass on more than one occasion. He also keeps me hidden during rituals, and other stuff like that.

Another thing you can do is create a servitor to act as an egregore for a particular group or organization. If you plan on starting a business, for example, a thoughtform will be created at some point, intentionally or not. By creating a servitor to fill this role, you can essentially talk to the spiritual core of your organization, and ask it to do things for you or give you advice. Need to identify a business problem or solution? Who better to ask than your business itself!

Ok I’m done now, feel free to follow-up with any other questions friend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Shinri!

Thanks for the really interesting insights, as always! :wink:

Oh yes, I knew that just knowing the angel’s name wouldn’t be enough. I asked just out of pure curiosity ;). Having said that, if you haven’t already, you should check out Rose Manning’s “angels of law attraction book”. The book teaches how to call the 7 archangels for manifestation purposes. It has no sigils at all or even Hebrew words of power. All the calls are in pure English…interesting! Also, the book says that apparently the law of attraction works because of angels! That’s such a food for thought :slight_smile:

In LOA, we’re always told to “feel as if the result has manifested”, which is what’s taught in many GoM books. Can’t be a coincidence surely?!

Have you read GoM’s Magickal Job Seeker? That one’s also a really interesting (and powerful!) book. One of the angels in that book requires no usage of a sigil. Any idea why? I’ve always thought that calling spirits always requires a sigil :-).

Also, that particular angel is apparently the angel of autumn! Who would’ve thought he/she can help with job search… :wink:

With regards to asking the angel “bring no harm to N”: should that be done out loud with voice? Or can we think that in our mind? Can angels actually read our mind? (Wow…!)

About business egregore: that’s also extremely interesting…I never knew a business (which is not even a living thing) can actually have a thoughtform…wow wow that sounds so cool!

How do you normally make sure your servitors don’t become malevolent?

1 Like

You might want to grab a snack or a coffee or something, this is a long one :slight_smile:. I’ve included some headers, however, so feel free to pick which section you’re most interested in if you don’t want to read through it all.

– Law of Attraction

I just read through the Rose Manning book, thanks for the tip! I’ve not read much on the subject, but the Law of Attraction always seemed like watered down New Age hocus-pocus to me, even though it was likely derived from real occult principles, such as Emotional Transmutation. I’m glad this book is out there so that such people can get connected to some true power.

It makes sense that LOA is connected to the angels, as really it’s just magick, though the method is pretty light-weight and portable. I’ll get to the no-sigils thing in a moment, but I’m curious as to why the ordering of the archangels is the way it is. If you look at the Ladder of Ascent from the archangels book, I believe the ordering of the archangels there is based off of their associations on the Tree of Life, though I’d need to double-check that. The section on Crisis Magick uses a different ordering from that, and both differ from the LOA one. There might not be any concrete theoretical reason other than “it works,” but I thought I’d share my musings.

– Connecting to the Spirits

Ok, so why no sigils or words of power? While these things are helpful, technically all that is necessary to make contact with a spiritual being, or at least an angel, is the name of the spirit, and your intent to make contact. If you call out to Metatron, with the intent of being heard, the archangel will hear you and can respond to a request. This is why that LOA method can work (I assume it works, haven’t tried it yet).

If it’s really that easy, why bother with all these complex sigils and Hebrew words and whatnot? While it’s true that you can open a connection to the angel with only their name, some of these other ritual symbols, sounds, and processes help to make that connection stronger and more robust.

Take the Archangel Sigils, for instance. The sigils include the name of the archangel, along with some words of power. The Hebrew letters have been used in magick for a long time, and because of this they have taken on a power of their own. When used in magick, you can think of them less like letters, and more like abstract magickal symbols arranged in certain patterns to cause a certain effect. Bringing these patterns of light and shadow into your consciousness during the ritual will help make your connection stronger, in-part because many others have used these same symbols in their magick over thousands of years.

The words of power spoken in the ritual have a similar effect. Their patterns of sound and vibration have been used in much the same way as these visual symbols, and they strengthen the connection as well. In addition to other magickal practitioners using these things, their power also comes from the angels themselves. The spirits passed-on these techniques directly to the ancients, and they are the keys to unlocking the full-extent of the angels’ powers.

– Preparing for Angelic Contact

Now for the Job Seeker angel, I assume you mean Torquaret (TORE-KOO-ARE-ET), who can make you seem more appealing and persuasive “during interviews.” You don’t need a sigil, as remember contact can be made with only a name and intent, but you’ll notice that the authors included a little bit more than that in the ritual.

Before calling to Torquaret, you first call to Raziel, using a psalm associated with an aspect of Raziel known as Arzel. One of Raziel’s functions is that of a gateway angel. Raziel can be contacted easily, and can then connect you more strongly to other angels. Arzel has a similar power, being a “lower” angelic aspect of Raziel, and so calling to them both is a powerful way to establish angelic contact.

If you look at the Master Ritual in 72 Angels of Magick, you’ll find a more expanded method of contacting these angels, with requests made to each angel, and a psalm that is used to establish contact with Raziel in addition to the one for Arzel. As a quick side-note, the psalm for Raziel listed there is different from the one used in the Genius rituals in Magickal Riches. I’d be curious to know if the latter is more appropriate for contacting the geniuses, or if it’s just another psalm that also works for generally connecting to Raziel.

Back to the Shem ritual, you’ll also notice that prior to the calls to Arzel and Raziel, there is a pathworking/visualization to perform. Remember how the patterns of visual symbols and sounds help to establish stronger contact? These archetypal images operate in a sort of similar way. You are travelling through an angelic realm, in a sense, and by doing so you connect to their energies, and are empowered in various ways.

If you’re curious, the angels also showed me an expanded version of the meditation, though I have yet to confirm this with other occultists. After taking on the power of water, add this statement: “I plunge into the infinite black Shadow.” After taking on the power of air, add this statement: “I bathe in the infinite white Light.” When you come to the final statement, know that you are taking on the power of time, among other things.

So to recap, if you wish to empower a ritual seeking angelic contact, you may first perform the pathworking through their realms, then call to Arzel and Raziel to connect you to the angel. If there’s some little thing that I’d like to manifest, I won’t go to the trouble of performing such a complex operation, as it’s really not needed. For more complicated problems or situations that demand more robust magick, such as full Shem contact or archangelic evocation, then these are some of the steps that I will perform to ensure a strong connection is made, allowing for extensive communication and powerful results.

– Emotional Transmutation

Ok, on to the wrathful request. You can add the “bring no harm” clause to your spoken command, or you can think it in your mind after stating your command. Either will work fine, and in-fact it may not even be necessary for you to explicitly state that you wish no harm. It could be said that angels can “read your mind,” in a sense, but let me break that down further.

During the ritual, you perform an act of Emotional Transmutation, changing your emotional state from one of wrath, in this case, to one of just satisfaction, peace, relief, and perhaps even power. This is quite a powerful magickal act for a number of reasons. When you perform this alchemy during a ritual in which you make a request to an angel, the energy of your transmutation helps to empower the magick in a number of ways.

By showing the angel how you want to feel, the angel will then alter reality to ensure that you are able to feel that way. By making this inner transformation, you encourage outer reality to change as well. The angel will know your desire, and will be able to see what circumstances it could bring about that will enable you to feel this way. If bringing harm to your target would not be pleasing to you, and this is clear in your intent during the ritual, the angel will know this and will act accordingly.

This is why clarity of Will is important. If you clearly know what it is you want, the angels will be able to respond more strongly to your desire. This is why I follow the process that the Gallery sets-out at various points for performing this transmutation. First I consider my desire, and notice how it feels to not have that desire. I then consider why it is I have this desire, and ponder the circumstances I am in. I then imagine how it would feel if I did not obtain my desire, which in my experience really magnifies the negative emotions being generated at the start of the process.

– True Will

This does raise the question, however, of whether the angels will always act in accordance with our True Will or for our “greater good,” or if they will do what has been asked of them. Now this is a tricky question, because I believe the answer in some ways is “both.”

True Will could warrant a book of its own, but briefly it could be described as your truest desires, your truest self. As we go through life, we are influenced by so many things, from our parents, our peers and environment, advertising, and perhaps even magick and spirits. Within this web of influence, it is all but impossible to retain a clear understanding of what’s really our selves, and what we’ve come to think is our self, but in reality is illusion that has been projected onto us.

One characteristic of the angels is that they are able to see the big picture of your life, in space and time. I also believe that the angels can see your True Self, and often know your True Will better than you do. Let’s say you ask for something not in-line with your True Will, then. How will the angels respond?

From my experience, this sort of depends on where you are along your spiritual path, but I’ve experienced a range of possible responses. Sometimes the angels will go ahead and give you exactly what you asked for. You got your results, and perhaps you even enjoyed them for a time. However, by receiving what you asked for, you will come to realize that you only thought that you wanted it, but that that in reality there is a deeper need that was hidden beneath this surface desire.

In some ways, you can consider your self to be like a pool of water. At the moment of your birth, there was but a small puddle, though it was clear and free of debris. As you grow, so too does the pool widen and deepen, but along the way, things outside of you find their way within the pool.

When you first discover magick, there are likely many leaves, sticks, and perhaps even cans and other trash floating on the surface of the pool. By fulfilling your initial desires, you begin to clear away these things, and more and more of the water beneath them is exposed. Upon seeing this water again, however, you may find that it has grown murky, and that things within the water prevent you from seeing through to the bottom. To clear away these impurities, however, you will likely need the help of spirits other than the angels.

As you clear away more of the distractions above, and uncover what is below, a sense of clarity will begin to emerge. The Light illuminates the water from above, and the Shadow contains the water within the pool. It could be said that True Will comes from the union and alignment of these two aspects of your self, and indeed there is much truth to this.

– The Unfolding of the Self

Returning to the initial question, then, how will the angels respond if you ask for something not in-line with your True Self? I believe that the angels will often give you what you ask for, but that they will do so in such a way that you are able to learn more about your self, and in such a way that will ultimately lead you to its discovery.

Sometimes, however, the angels will respond differently. Let’s say you are undergoing a period of intensive self-exploration, perhaps after performing the Identity Ritual, and perhaps the Unfreezing Ritual after that, targeted at your self, later followed-up with another performing of the Identity Ritual. It may be better to begin with the Unfreezing, but let’s not get distracted.

If you were to undertake such an extreme spiritual process, you will likely find that you come to believe, quite fully, that you desire a certain path for your life, and that you begin to perform magick to attain this life. The angels will know that while there is some truth to that path, it is not fully in-line with your True Will. These truths will be revealed to you, some through an intuitive understanding, some through successful manifestation, and some through being brought to the very brink of manifestation.

As you might imagine, this process can be rather distressing and even disturbing if it is greatly accelerated. The feeling of the complete loss of a coherent identity, of being lost in the twisting labyrinths of one’s own potential, is not for everyone, as to destroy your Self is to destroy your world. It may take some time for them to be reconstructed, and not all may wish to let go of their old ways of being so completely. For those with the courage to walk this path, and indeed with a touch of madness, there can be great rewards.

– Servitors, Thoughtforms, and Egregores

Alright, so for a quick conclusion, there’s not really a need to worry about servitors becoming malevolent, at least not if you follow the methods laid out in the book. I’m by no means an expert on this topic, but if people have had servitors “go rouge” in the past, I’m guessing it was more because of undue fear than anything, though sloppy methods could also have played a part. Follow what’s written in the book and you’ll be fine.

As for thoughtforms, someone correct me if I’m wrong here, but you can sort of think of them as “personified ideas or thoughts.” You know how children like to create imaginary friends? They’ll typically have a name, some sort of personality, and an appearance. More than likely, the child actually created a thoughtform, a very real astral entity that may even talk to them. I have to say, I do envy the imagination of a child on occasion.

You may have noticed that companies, schools, even cities share many of these traits. Ever hear someone talk about the “personality” or “vibe” of a city? Well, turns out you can actually summon their spiritual counterparts, which is interesting. The difference between these entities and a child’s imaginary friend is that the friend is really only known to the child, while the city is known to many. An egregore is essentially a thoughtform that is being empowered by the thoughts of many people, rather than just one or a few.

As always, glad I could help. I rather enjoy writing about this, so please feel free to keep 'em coming :slight_smile:

20 Likes

No grimoire could list each and every spirit’s ability.
They know more than you think they could :wink:

Hi Shinri,

Such great insights…amazing! I wonder how you know so much about angels :slight_smile:

The angels showed you an expanded version of the shem meditation: how did you see it? Through a very vivid dream? Or did they appear visually? Or whispered to you?
Was it a shem angel that showed you this?

Something I’ve always been curious about: I see that many angels share the same abilities. For example, 2 shem angels and 1 Virtue angel (from Ben Woodcroft’s book) can provide answer via dreams. And one shem angel as well as the archangel Kamael can provide the genius quality.

How do we pick an angel if they all do the same thing? Is one angel stronger than the the other? (e.g.: would one angel show more vivid dreams than others? Would one angel increase our intelligence better than the other?)

From your experience, who is a good “all purpose” angel for general requests? For example, the company I worked for just moved to a new building, and I didn’t get a good seating location, and they wouldn’t budge despite my request for a better one. Which angel works well for general “wishes” like this?

I know Zanna Blaise has the love magick book…have you ever given that a try? I wonder if there’s a good angel for requesting, say, to meet a specific type of girl? I know Haniel is powerful when it comes to love, but curious if you have other suggestions :slight_smile:

Last but not least, I read a forum thread about someone who did money magick using a well known genius spirit. As a result they got a car accident and received an amount of money close to what was requested during the ritual…how come a spirit let that happen? Looks like anyone must absolutely not forget to add “please let no harm done on me or others” in the request?

1 Like

Lots of study, and even more practice :slight_smile:

I’m actually not too sure if any specific angel showed me the extra bits of the meditation, there were quite a few hanging around me during that time, though I suppose Haaiah (the Shem angel) could have given it to me. The pathworking is performed as a way to prepare for angelic contact, and one day while doing so my intuition lead me to add those parts to it. The images also became more distinct, and I got a clearer understanding of what each part of the pathworking did.

If you were wondering about any particular parts of the meditation, or pathworking in general, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer!

Also, in case anyone was confused, when I say “pathworking” here I mean a sort of meditation where you “travel” through various spiritual realms/archetypal images in your mind. Koetting also uses the term to mean a deep exploration of a magickal tradition, or a deep working with a particular spirit or group of spirits within a tradition, usually for the purposes of self-exploration and spiritual development (more stuff comes with those things, but I’d say that’s the core of it).

As you said, many of the angels share similar abilities, though they do tend to differ slightly in the exact details of their powers. There are many angels that can assist with finances, for instance, though how each angel does so and what sorts of situations they are good at working with differs. Beyond that, they typically have powers that can apply to several different areas, and one angel may have more powers that are suitable to your overall situation.

For example, let’s say you feel that you need some additional magickal power. You may feel this way for a number of reasons. For this example, let’s say you feel called to the angel Netahiah, who has the power to “give power to magick.” According to the description in 72 Angels of Magick, Netahiah does so by removing blockages and making you aware of any changes you need to make to get the magick working.

If you look at the angel’s other powers, you can see how they may complement this one. They are the powers to “discover hidden secrets,” and to “reveal truth in dreams.” You could use the former to learn about an enemy’s secrets, or maybe even a friend’s, and perhaps the latter could help you to make a key business decision. When you consider how all the powers may work together, though, and how they may apply to your particular situation, you get a sense for the full potential of the angel.

This is why I think that performing the full 11-day ritual with these angels is most often the best way to go about things. They can help with specific results and minor requests, but where these spirits really shine is shaping an entire aspect of your life or self, and crafting the long-term picture of a situation. To ensure that their power is expressed fully, and to ensure that you have the chance to develop your desire and respond to feedback, working for 11 days is best.

To get a little more concrete then, I’ll use your example of intelligence/genius. From my experience, it seems that invoking Kamael for the quality of genius will largely have an “internal” effect. Your own ways of thinking and behaving will change in such a way that you have the qualities and patterns of a genius, in whatever area that you choose (I think it’s best to pick one general area at a time).

The Shem angel Mahasiah, who I have also called upon (first Shem angel I worked with actually), also has “the power to learn like a genius,” so what’s the difference? While I do believe this angel can help make “internal” changes, the angel can also help to create external circumstances that will enable you the greatest possible education for what you are trying to learn. Because of this, the power is best employed before embarking upon a new educational endeavor, as the angel will ensure that you have the external resources available to you.

Often, one’s circumstances and environment could be said to be as important as their personal abilities. Imagine if Einstein had gone to a shit college. I really doubt he would have had the resources, both educational and career-oriented, to achieve the level of success that he did, regardless of how smart he was. This is why it’s important to target your magick at both internal and external changes, as either alone is nowhere near as effective as both combined.

I have to go now, but I’ll cover the rest of your questions tomorrow!

5 Likes

Thanks again Shinri! Looking forward to your thoughts about the other questions… :wink:

1 Like

Ok, so “all purpose” magick. Generally speaking, you’re much better off finding a spirit whose powers are appropriate for your situation, and then calling upon that spirit to attain what you desire or solve your problem. Sometimes though, there are little things like you said that we’d rather change, but it’s such a specific situation that it’s difficult to determine who would be best.

In circumstances like these, I think a Law of Attraction-esque approach works best. While I haven’t worked with such ideas much myself, I did “unlock” a similar power while I was deep into my working with Metatron. I was guided to perform an invocation of Metatron, to take on “the quality of the archangels.” I wasn’t sure exactly what that meant or would entail, but I trusted that the angels had something special in mind.

During the invocation, or perhaps sometime later in the evening, I forget, Metatron came into my presence, and had me sit down. I felt my energy being raised, and then felt 7 spikes of white light pierce each of my chakras. With these spikes still in place, the 3 beams of light from the “Circle of Power” also shot through me. I spent a moment in this state, absorbing the archangelic energies and power, before the lights faded away, and I could feel a glowing power within me.

I then felt the Divine Hexagram being drawn on my forehead, over my third eye. Wings grew from my back, and I realized that my hands were not empty. In my right hand, upraised, I held Fire, and in my left, pointed down, I held the Sword. The right gives, and the left takes. The sword cleaves through stagnation, and the fire makes change. To create anew, space must be made, and the light recycled. From the point of All springs forth Creation, and to it Destruction returns.

Indeed, the Shadow too has a form. In the right hand, the Rod, the left, a Sack of Gold. The right commands, and the left seizes. Through the Rod all must obey, and into my Vaults goes that which is mine. The Shadow in the center of being brings transformation, and absorbs that which is beyond its grasp.

Esoteric ambiguities aside, let’s get practical. I assume that you are aware of the Emotional Transmutation techniques taught in the Gallery’s works. This technique is normally empowered by the angels being called upon in a ritual, but you may also make use of it outside of a ritual context.

To do this, first visualize the Hexagram over your forehead, drawing the two triangles with points of pure white light. Next, out loud or in your mind, repeat NAH-KAH EE-AH-OH-EH three times, to connect yourself to the Divine. At this point you perform the transmutation just like you would in ritual, feeling all the emotions and gratitude you will feel once the result comes about. Make sure that you also look back from the future as well, and know that everything worked out so easily. I also like to remember back, all those decades ago, and remember that everything unfolded so magnificently.

I’ve used this technique for a couple different things, and it works surprisingly well. I still like to perform rituals to be able to contact spirits and work on larger goals/problems, but for minor desires such as the one you mentioned, I’ll simply express my own power, much simpler that way.

I do have to say though, that I’m not sure if this technique would work until you’ve been properly empowered by Metatron. I’d say it’s worth a shot, but it may be helpful to also include the names of archangels in the technique to incorporate more angelic power into the mix, like in the Law of Attraction book you mentioned.

I’ve read through The Angels of Love and I have some experience working with the angels of the 42 Letter Name, but I haven’t performed the soulmate working described in the book, no. I’m sure I will at some point in my life, as it sounds quite lovely, but it does require you to focus your efforts in the material on finding your current soulmate, something that I am not currently in a position to do myself. I may do some of the earlier workings that are more focused on friendship, though, as I’ve been wanting to meet some new people as of late. I suppose I’ll have to see where that takes me.

The working does also seem very well-constructed, and its structure could likely be applied to various other magickal projects/goals. Even if they aren’t as long-term oriented as the soulmate working, the general ordering of powers seems quite effective for causing substantial change.

So car crashes are perhaps the most common scare-tactic people will employ on the internet to keep you away from money magick. I’m guessing they aren’t doing so maliciously, but that they truly believe it themselves. The geniuses will not cause an accident, or illness, or anything else like that in order to bring you money. They may if you ask them to, but I sort of doubt it given how their power works.

Accidents and other unfortunate events happen all the time, without any sort of magick being involved. Sometimes, they just so happen to occur shortly after you perform magick, and it can be easy to assume that your magick is what caused that to happen, seeing as that’s how magick normally does work.

Thankfully, the spirits are much wiser than that. They know if such a thing would not please you, and will not do anything that goes against your desires. Your magick is fueled by your true wants and needs, and if something would not ultimately bring you satisfaction, the spirits are literally incapable of bringing it to you. Your enjoyment of the results is what empowers them, and without that enjoyment, they cannot help you.

Sorry for the short delay, but I hope that it was worth the wait!

3 Likes

I have obtained the book “72 Angels of magic” and… did you also have a feeling of power pouring from the pages when reading? Strange, because this never happen to me with any other book.

2 Likes