Anything to learn maths?

I think i mentioned it before, but now i’m really wrestling with it…

I started this school and it doesn’t matter which one as i’m not sure of the english name… But anyways i HAVE TO learn maths now, i like studying stuff like history and philosophy and would be so glad if i knew maths too…

But now i have to know maths, and i have been trying to read this book and watching videos from youtube but even if i’m explained i don’t seem to understand like i was missing that part of my brain?!

You know that feeling of stupidity, that one that actually feels in your head like you were trying to remember something that never happened, that’s what it feels like - i feel like an honest to god retarded person when i’m studying maths - but i really need this to pass my studies.

So any occult or whatever advice, at this point i’d probably let someone witchcraft me to understand mathematics or a spirit of math (or a spirit that is masterful @ maths ) posses part of my brain.

I don’t consider myself a stupid person, but i don’t know why when it comes to this i feel such - the numbers aren’t just part of my logic, but maybe in reality i can learn it … i’m just too afraid, but i really need a quick fix or i’m in trouble.

I just found this quote: “In mathematics you don’t understand things. You just get used to them.” ~ John von Neumann

So maybe first you need to stop trying to UNDERSTAND maths (counter-intuitive as that seems) and just accept that the dumb rules about squares and equations are there, and you may as well learn them? Just a thought.

Secondly, Thoth/Dhjuty will probably be the best god to begin with, ask him to send your way any and all ideas that will help you wrap your head round it, he’s awesome.

I believe the Archangel Raphael will also help, though I don’t understand why, but it flashed into my mind as I posted this, so editing to add it in.

Which would be the most efficient and intense way to get Thoth’s or Archangel Raphael’s help in maths?

And yeah… even if i don’t need to understand i think this stuff requires quite many terabytes from my head capacity to remember.

For Thoth, research him online and then send thoughts to him, asking for his help - same with Raphael really, they’reb oth spirits normal people can contact and don’t require elaborate evocation with smoke or mirrors to get a connection.

You could use the Planetary Hour of Mercury as a booster, bith have Mercurial aspects.

I’m sure there’s another angel for maths, but Raphael seems to deal in information as well as healing, and something made me feel compelled to write his name so maybe he’s trying to reach out.

Which type of math class are you going to have to take first in school that you are concerned about?

Well thank the entities the course that i’m doing currently is only a recap course “course zero”, but i still have to learn… The next course is going to be the official course 1 Expressions and Equations (not sure if that’s a correct translation thought)

Btw, i felt like saying the name of RAPHAEL actually made me bit calmer when i was reading this maths book, as before today i didn’t feel like i have much concentration left in me. :0

[quote=“Black Flame, post:3, topic:6098”]Which would be the most efficient and intense way to get Thoth’s or Archangel Raphael’s help in maths?

And yeah… even if i don’t need to understand i think this stuff requires quite many terabytes from my head capacity to remember.[/quote]

Switch to a fractal diffused hologram model memory, you can store almost infinite data that way… just a different perspective to try and break you out of your limiting beliefs.

Also the brain can burn more energy than your body. Make sure to eat a bit more than usual when you first start to study… the brain converts things into glucose, and usually stops after 3-4 hours of intense focus. You can extend it longer if you listen to classical music (it’s been tested). Also if you breathe through your nose and take longer breaths you can boost your attention span and concentration.

Go go go you can do it.

2 Likes

Have you tried consulting the Goetic demon Furcas? I don’t know of any spirits that teach math specifically but Furcas only specializes in education and he can teach many different things so the magician can understand them perfectly, really hard subjects too so it may be worth a shot to ask him if he can also aid you in math.

The first step with understanding math is humility. Dont try to rationalize why some of those rules are in place just accept that they are and that they work. The spirit suggestions given above are excellent as is any spirit who teaches the liberal arts. If you need a basic recap of high-school level math for free Tabletclassmath by John Zimmerman is a great course. He will have you ready for college level courses if you give about an hour a day to his program.

Good luck and good job empowering yourself through taking on the schooling.

Trying a home study method like Cogitation mentioned may be a good idea. Don’t know how things work in Finland, but here in the U.S. they make you take a placement math test before they let you enroll in a math course and if you are still stuck on high school level or basic math they make us take a course that they secretly refer to as dummy math or math for stupid people, not very nice name for it, I know, but they make U.S. students take a high school recap class and they charge us like $1,300 for it and we don’t get any credit for it all. So it would seem easier if your schools do the same thing to take the recap course at home for free so you can pass your placement test and go straight into the upper level classes that you do get credit for.

They do this if we can’t do algebra and I slept during algebra class in high school so they tried to make me take it and I was not going to pay for a class where I’m labeled as stupid and not get any credit for it, so I took an online class for free and was able to pass the math placement test the 2nd time I took it.

:open_mouth: here schooling is free, except if you only go and take 1 specific class - but if you go for everything its free. Of course you will have to buy the books yourself if you choose to go.

Thanks for all your support occult brothers & sisters!

There is a legend that the first person who ever evoked the demonic king Beleth,was Ham,Noah’s son,right after the great Flood,and supposedly,he wrote a book on mathematics with Beleth.

So I’m sure that Beleth is a great spirit to call on.

I am also going to recommend Paimon.Not only is he known to teach all arts and sciences,but he can manipulate your mind to be more receptive to maths,and better at critical thinking.He and I made a pact recently,and it’s gonna go great,because I too struggle with maths.

Thoth is a spirit I’ve worked closely with,and I couldn’t recommend Djehuty enough either.Call on him,he’ll help you.I love Thoth.He’s so friendly,and awesome.

There is a spirit in Kingdoms of Flame,called Zadkal.

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/zadkal/msg63567/#msg63567]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/zadkal/msg63567/#msg63567[/url]

I’ve evoked him once for maths,and had great results.

Call on Belial,if you want control over circumstances and what questions are on the tests.

Belial and Paimon work good in unison.Belial gives you the questions you know,and Paimon makes you know the questions you get.Demonic symbiosis.

EA’s Ajna chakra meditation,from Ipsissimus,and from his video,have both made me a better mathematician.

I’m going to have to unfortunately disagree with everyone above me. If you just want to pass the course then it’s all well and good, get out some flash cards and shovel the equations into your brain. That’s typically all anyone needs to not just pass but do very well at almost any class nowadays.

But that’s the reason most people think they are not “math people” and have difficulty “thinking in numbers.” Everyone has difficulty thinking in numbers, and math people don’t really think in numbers either!

Most likely, at some point in your life, you missed out on some fundamental “step” in your knowledge which makes everything after just not “click.” Mathematics builds on top of itself and when you miss a step everything after is going to be very shaky. So, if possible, try and find what you might have missed.

A starting place would be vocabulary, make sure you actually know what the definition of all the “math words” actually mean so you can understand an explanation which uses those terms. If a concept comes up that you don’t “get” try and find an explanation for it…don’t stick to one text book or explanation, keep looking through numerous ones until you find something that makes sense.

Secondly, don’t think abstractly. Like I said, most mathematicians don’t think in “numbers.” Either try and bring something to a conceptual level you can understand, or look for an explanation that does. Break it down. A lot of mathematical concepts can be understood through shapes.

For a relatively “simple” example, squares and square roots are, not surprisingly, based on squares…

Draw a square (if on your computer, you can look at your number keypad at the right of your keyboard for this) How many squares do you need to make it a perfect square? Well, none, it is already a perfect square so 1 squared is 1. How about 2 squares? Well let’s see. If you put two squares next to each other, you need another 2 squares of the same size placed next to them to make a perfect square. 4 squares in total. 2 squared is 4.

This works inversely too. Take a square. Divide it up into 9 equal squares. How many squares across (as the “root” of the square) did you need to do this? 3. The square root of 9 is 3.

But now try get the square root of 2. Divide one square into two perfect squares. Can’t do it? Neither can I. How about 3? 5? 6? 7? 8? Nope. So these squares are irrational. 4 and 9 are rational. You can divide a square up into equal squares of 4 and 9. There are all these proofs for why each is irrational, but god darn it, you can just look at a square and see it is irrational! Most of the “hard” maths is due to mathematicians trying to solve problems like dividing a square into two equal squares.

Thirdly, link it to things you do enjoy. If you enjoy history and philosophy, well…look at the history of mathematics and the philosophy derived from it. There is a lot of it. And keep in mind, if you learn anything beyond very basic maths, even algebra…heck even zero and negative numbers, you are learning something that would boggle the mind of the top mathematicians not that long ago.

As for spirits, I will second the above who recommend Thoth. Ganesha is a joy too.

(Sorry for the long rant, but some things like people thinking they can’t learn something well get me all hot and bothered)

[quote=“Rawiri, post:13, topic:6098”]I’m going to have to unfortunately disagree with everyone above me. If you just want to pass the course then it’s all well and good, get out some flash cards and shovel the equations into your brain. That’s typically all anyone needs to not just pass but do very well at almost any class nowadays.

But that’s the reason most people think they are not “math people” and have difficulty “thinking in numbers.” Everyone has difficulty thinking in numbers, and math people don’t really think in numbers either!

Most likely, at some point in your life, you missed out on some fundamental “step” in your knowledge which makes everything after just not “click.” Mathematics builds on top of itself and when you miss a step everything after is going to be very shaky. So, if possible, try and find what you might have missed.

A starting place would be vocabulary, make sure you actually know what the definition of all the “math words” actually mean so you can understand an explanation which uses those terms. If a concept comes up that you don’t “get” try and find an explanation for it…don’t stick to one text book or explanation, keep looking through numerous ones until you find something that makes sense.

Secondly, don’t think abstractly. Like I said, most mathematicians don’t think in “numbers.” Either try and bring something to a conceptual level you can understand, or look for an explanation that does. Break it down. A lot of mathematical concepts can be understood through shapes.

For a relatively “simple” example, squares and square roots are, not surprisingly, based on squares…

Draw a square (if on your computer, you can look at your number keypad at the right of your keyboard for this) How many squares do you need to make it a perfect square? Well, none, it is already a perfect square so 1 squared is 1. How about 2 squares? Well let’s see. If you put two squares next to each other, you need another 2 squares of the same size placed next to them to make a perfect square. 4 squares in total. 2 squared is 4.

This works inversely too. Take a square. Divide it up into 9 equal squares. How many squares across (as the “root” of the square) did you need to do this? 3. The square root of 9 is 3.

But now try get the square root of 2. Divide one square into two perfect squares. Can’t do it? Neither can I. How about 3? 5? 6? 7? 8? Nope. So these squares are irrational. 4 and 9 are rational. You can divide a square up into equal squares of 4 and 9. There are all these proofs for why each is irrational, but god darn it, you can just look at a square and see it is irrational! Most of the “hard” maths is due to mathematicians trying to solve problems like dividing a square into two equal squares.

Thirdly, link it to things you do enjoy. If you enjoy history and philosophy, well…look at the history of mathematics and the philosophy derived from it. There is a lot of it. And keep in mind, if you learn anything beyond very basic maths, even algebra…heck even zero and negative numbers, you are learning something that would boggle the mind of the top mathematicians not that long ago.

As for spirits, I will second the above who recommend Thoth. Ganesha is a joy too.

(Sorry for the long rant, but some things like people thinking they can’t learn something well get me all hot and bothered)[/quote]
Excellent information mathematics was my strong suit I can do equations in my head faster than most people on a calculator. I believe some people are just wired for math as it seems impossible to me that people could have trouble with it another thing is algorithms there are many ways to come to the same conclusion in a mathematical problem. If you know nothing of algorithms look into basic elementary common core math it makes kids use stupid ass hard ways to get the answer but in doing so teaches them the break down of the problem and helps them to understand ways of coming to the conclusion not the way I would do it that’s for sure but teaches the basics of ways to figure math problems