Anyone try Demons of Magick: Three Practical Rituals for Working with The 72 Demons

On Amazon it seems the book “Demons of Magick: Three Practical Rituals for Working with The 72 Demons” people are having easy success. Is there any harm in trying it if they are using angels in it to protect the operator from demons? Would love some feedback on this from the pros.

@Lady_Eva @E.A

4 Likes

I haven’t worked with that system but I made a post recently about the concept of it here:

That said, I still wouldn’t choose to do it myself but there’s no reason whatsoever to avoid exploring it if you’re interested IMO. :smiley:

3 Likes

I have read Demons of Magick and what I liked about the book, was the correspondences in which they teach you how to connect with each individual spirit in the goetia. Each spirit has their own texture, sound, fragrance that you need to focus on, example, when you focus on Bael, you imagine thunder rumbling, and you think of a certain texture, etc. I think it can help you connect easier with a spirit.

However, I do NOT like the part of constraining the goetia spirits, I am against that. But, I had an idea, instead of writing god names or angelic names around the sigils, I was actually thinking of doing the following:

In her Demonolotory books, S Connolly explains how to create a elemental circle with demons, Belial for North/Earth, Lucifer for East/Air, Flereous for South/Fire, and Leviathan for West/Water. Satan can also be invited as the fifth element. Now, I was thinking that instead of writing the angelic names around a sigil of a goetia spirit, to rather write the names, or even the demonic enns of the demons mentioned above, around the sigil of the spirit you wish to work with. I assume it would balance the energies, and perhaps enhance it even further. It is just an idea that I have, because I find it offensive to try to constrain the very powers that you are asking to help you (however I am a beginner, so this is only my feeling).

6 Likes

Go back to basic words.

Angel … Messenger
Demon … Guard

That’s it… they are the same species per say doing different things.

Some have added that angels are not obsessed with living and experiencing this plane where demons are. Okay I see that as fair.

Quit trying to think the JCI fantasy of conflict is anything other than marketing for your money and obedience. Do not think angel X and demon Y have any conflict until they actually tell you they do. Otherwise you are molding your life around fourth hand information.

Quit thinking that JCI is religion and the goetia, runes, whatever … is magick … it is all magick.

It is all magick …
It is all magick …
It is all magick …

Moses, Jesus and other JCI figures were witches… Pure and simple. As figures and symbols they have done enough magick and been the focus of enough magick and intention to be placed along side the goetic entities.

Your rabbi, priest or cleric is a witch if they have any belief in doing supernatural intervention for their followers and just bad self serving infomercials otherwise.

If you conduct you natural and supernatural relationships and friendships with respect you do not need to be protected from anything. If you can’t then you will burn yourself in the fires of your own stupidity.

5 Likes

Ok, stupid question but are you saying following the book recommendations of working with them using Angels is not an issue if you don’t believe they are enemies?

Anything that promotes JCI should be verified by the entites themselves.

So no the angels versus demons thing is bullshit.

2 Likes

You and I have the same philosophy about this. I have used this book many times and I basically view it as a business transaction ( I have posted about this in another thread but I do not know how to use this fancy Google Machine to link the post). The whole angel thing is a non factor with me.

It seems that a lot of people on the LHP worry to much about it. They say things like “If angels are involved, then its not LHP” or “What do you mean that I do not have to wear my black hooded robe” or “I just bought my dagger from Bed, Bath, and Beelzebub, what am I going to do with it now?” I feel that it comes down to intent. If your intent is to learn, be respectful, etc… then angels or no angels, chances are the spirits will want to help and as you build a relationship with said spirit, your connection will grow stronger. But on the other hand, you go in fearful and feel that you need the angels for protection or you go in heavy handed because you think that you have angels to make the demon do as you wish, well then, you have another thing coming.

As far as angels and demons being enemies, who knows. At the end of the day, we do not know what goes on behind the scenes with them. We may have opinions, theories, and the like, but we are just human beings. We really do not know. Worrying about whether angels and demons are enemies comes across as religious dogma that has been put into our minds, whether we come from a religious background or not.

Showing a spirit respect, asking questions, wanting to learn, being grateful, those are the keys to success when working with a spirit in my opinion. In my experience with this book, this has been the way to go. The whole angel thing is just part of the ritual, nothing more, nothing less.

5 Likes

Angel … Messenger
Demon … Guard

That’s it… they are the same species per say doing different things.

Some have added that angels are not obsessed with living and experiencing this plane where demons are. Okay I see that as fair.

So are you saying demons are interested in us humans like we are with them? Is it possible to share a dialog about each other’s world?

In her Demonolotory books, S Connolly explains how to create a elemental circle with demons, Belial for North/Earth, Lucifer for East/Air, Flereous for South/Fire, and Leviathan for West/Water. Satan can also be invited as the fifth element. Now, I was thinking that instead of writing the angelic names around a sigil of a goetia spirit, to rather write the names, or even the demonic enns of the demons mentioned above, around the sigil of the spirit you wish to work with. I assume it would balance the energies, and perhaps enhance it even further. It is just an idea that I have, because I find it offensive to try to constrain the very powers that you are asking to help you (however I am a beginner, so this is only my feeling).

How has it worked out.

Regarding calling angels to protect while working with demons, you can supposedly but I tried that and got a slap back from it. You may have a different experience but the energies just didn’t mix in the situation I used them in. There are some energies that will clash but you have to figure out for yourself whether it will work for you or not - everyone is different, their energy is different and therefore a mix of energies may not always be in tune.