Anyone else have a nightmare after making contact with a demon?

ive only made contact with demons twice, but I’ve found that I have dreams every time for several consecutive nights of gruesome and horrific things. I normally don’t dream of dark themes. I’m wondering if it’s a good sign and if anyone else experiences this

1 Like

Honestly if I have experienced this, I wouldn’t know it. The dreams I have that I actually remember are always nightmares. Not sure why. Or the times I’m lucky enough to not have a nightmare, my dreams are just very strange and make no sense at all, constantly teleporting from one place to another and there’s always someone I knew in high school in those dreams like people I didn’t even hang out with in school and I am always talking to someone (different each time) that is my best friend or sibling in the dream but I’ve never even met that person in real life. Sometimes I am a child in my dreams, very strange.

But I always dream as if I am seeing thru my own eyes, not as if I’m watching myself in a movie so my dreams are very insanely real to me as in, the feelings and the weather in my dreams seem real but the strangest thing is, I know when I am dreaming and I have been told on several occasions that I talk in my sleep and say “what the hell am I dreaming about this for?” People are weirded out by that one, they say it’s as if I am aware that I’m dreaming and I am questioning the things in my dream while asleep. I can also recognize when I’m having a nightmare and wake myself up from it. I have often wondered if I might be astral projecting somewhere in my sleep, to an alternate reality or something because I have not met anyone else so far that can use the logical side of their brain to think for themselves while asleep, and I always wake up exhausted after those dreams, even if I sleep for 10 hours, as if I was really there and I am so tired because the actions I performed in my dreams where real somehow but on a different plane.

Maybe your nightmares are just your fears coming into play? Did you grow up in a religious home or when you were little, were you taught to fear demons? I do know many people that came to a magickal path from a former christian, catholic, or muslim upbringing and they admitted to being very afraid during and after their first few demonic evocations or having nightmares. I never understood why dreams like to tease us by showing us our greatest fears but maybe this is just the former part of yourself (your past non-magick self) trying to analyze such fears. If that’s the case, then once you realize demons are not so evil after all, those nightmares should vanish.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:2, topic:5976”]Honestly if I have experienced this, I wouldn’t know it. The dreams I have that I actually remember are always nightmares. Not sure why. Or the times I’m lucky enough to not have a nightmare, my dreams are just very strange and make no sense at all, constantly teleporting from one place to another and there’s always someone I knew in high school in those dreams like people I didn’t even hang out with in school and I am always talking to someone (different each time) that is my best friend or sibling in the dream but I’ve never even met that person in real life. Sometimes I am a child in my dreams, very strange.

But I always dream as if I am seeing thru my own eyes, not as if I’m watching myself in a movie so my dreams are very insanely real to me as in, the feelings and the weather in my dreams seem real but the strangest thing is, I know when I am dreaming and I have been told on several occasions that I talk in my sleep and say “what the hell am I dreaming about this for?” People are weirded out by that one, they say it’s as if I am aware that I’m dreaming and I am questioning the things in my dream while asleep. I can also recognize when I’m having a nightmare and wake myself up from it. I have often wondered if I might be astral projecting somewhere in my sleep, to an alternate reality or something because I have not met anyone else so far that can use the logical side of their brain to think for themselves while asleep, and I always wake up exhausted after those dreams, even if I sleep for 10 hours, as if I was really there and I am so tired because the actions I performed in my dreams where reual somehow but on a different plane.

Maybe your nightmares are just your fears coming into play? Did you grow up in a religious home or when you were little, were you taught to fear demons? I do know many people that came to a magickal path from a former christian, catholic, or muslim upbringing and they admitted to being very afraid during and after their first few demonic evocations or having nightmares. I never understood why dreams like to tease us by showing us our greatest fears but maybe this is just the former part of yourself (your past non-magick self) trying to analyze such fears. If that’s the case, then once you realize demons are not so evil after all, those nightmares should vanish.[/quote]

I had no religion growing up. My mother is basically an agnostic and my dad is atheist. They are very supportive of me trying out different religions or atleast don’t care. like when Id put up indian gods in my room in college, or when they saw my tarot cards, or see my various religeous books, they don’t say anything or are amused by it. I wonder if I’m exploring my shadow self because up until recently I was a pretty hardcore prescriber of new age (I know, I was young). Btw, I don’t feel fear in these nightmares following contact, like I would if say, I saw my mother die (god-forbid). I just see cemetaries or vampires or other scary stuff.

I feel amazing from waking up from these dreams lol. I had a great night’s sleep last night.

I’d just like to think that the demons really are coming into my dream or I’m astral projecting into their realms or they’re changing me because I’ve never had an interest in the darker things. If you saw me, you’d honestly think I was a Starbucks drinking white girl dressed in a pink dress with no brain, not someone who listens to black metal or invokes demons :slight_smile:

Did you make an offering when you initially summoned the spirit? If not offer it a small amount of liquor or tobacco. If you did, do a divination to see why that spirit is upset with you. You should have dreams after contacting a spirit. I’ve had many dreams with demons and they can be intense, but never violent. Violent dreams after summoning any spirit is a sign that something is wrong and that the spirit is giving you a warning.

1 Like

Since you say it’s not a prior religion based fear thing, I am now also wondering if what Granchemin said could be true for you. Because you do have to offer the spirits something in exchange for their help or if they teach you new things. Did you ask for anything or just evoke them to get to know them and practice perfecting your evocation abilities?

It could just be the dark energy that gets imprinted in you when working with a demon. Their energy saturates your body, that’s why some people feel tingly, hot flashes, sexual excitement, restless legs, a floating sensation, and other stuff during evocation. It’s the demon’s powerful energy you are feeling in your body.

Sometimes, when working with a very powerful demon, the energy can be so strong that if you do not expell it into the earth or push it out thru your right hand into a magickal object, or use for a spell after the evocation, it will just remain in your body and it can affect you negatively sometimes. Not because it’s evil or anything but because it’s a different type of energy that our bodies are not used during the few several evocations.

If not expelled or put to use, it can make you tired for several days, give you massive headaches (those don’t feel too good), make you sore all over, or possibly, give you nightmares. Because your body does not know what to do with that energy until you have undergone several evocations and become used to that energy to where you can handle it without expelling it or feeling general malaise.

So it’s very possible the energy that your body absorbed from the demon could be the cause of your nightmares. If that’s the source, then once you have done eh, probably about 6 or 8 evocations the nightmares should go away until you decide to work with even more powerful demons when you are more experienced, then these symptoms could come back.

4 Likes

I often evoke Paralda and invite him into my dreams before bed. I have always been a very vivid dreamer but on the nights when i commune with him it’s always an experience. Sometimes the are especially violent and brutal, sometimes not. but i always feel like there was something there to be gained by it

This can definitely happen. The atavistic spirits everyone calls demons are very primal, and almost always reveal to us repressed aspects of our own psyche. I recommend, rather than fighting these dreams, trying to understand them fully, perhaps even keeping a journal, and even working with those same forces that caused them, and asking the meaning of the dreams.

I did. After Using King Paimon. However i don’t really think it was a nightmare now that you mention it. Looking at it now, it was more like him showing me my current situation and showing me what he can do about it.

Novel things leave more of an impression. I almost got mugged once, and that haunted my dreams for years! Meeting a demon has got to be just as intense.

Of course you’re going to dream about it. Unless you learn to let go of it. If you’re dreaming of it, you haven’t properly banished. In fact, if you have good dream recall, you can use that as a measure of how effective your banishing is.

This subject I’m very interested in because ever since I started doing chakra work and energy cleansing of my body (past 3-4 monthes now) I have been dreaming and lucid dreaming a huge amount more then I had been the past 3 years.

For example (In the past 3 monthes); I have had dreams where I was being attacked by a giant robotic wasp looking monster inside a cave, and I thought “Oh well this is obviously a dream.” So I assumed the form of a giant transformer robot and then grew spikes out of my back and crushed & killed it up against the ceiling of the cave walls. Another one; I had a dream I met with a bunch of shaolin monks in a spiritual looking building training on mats, I walked up to them and asked if they would allow me to train with them and they were very kind and gracious and trained with me. I even had a very violent filled dream about a month ago that involved me having to slash some crazy guy in my old home with a knife, and then woke up, to wake up AGAIN about 2 minutes later. I won’t go into the details of that one. One of the most recent ones was extremely swift, I remember it very vaguely; All it consisted of was me looking to the corner of a familiar room I’d been in I can’t remember where now, and seeing a large grey figure with its back to me. After looking at it for a couple of moments it turned towards me suddenly as if it knew I was watching, and it had the face of one of those grey aliens you see all over the place but was much larger. It instantly shocked me out of the dream and I was a little freaked out for the next few minutes feeling as if I was being watched, but then as always after some time the anxiety faded and I fell back to sleep.

Same as RavensAscent, I’ve always had some sort of an awareness in a good amount of dreams even when I was young I would often logically work out within the dream that it had to have been a dream, and then often I would choose to ride the dream out anyway out of curiosity and this is how I started learning I could take control occasionally, or if the dream started to weird me out way too much I would always be able to snap out of it, or force myself awake. I have a good amount of adrenaline rush dreams, which I think is because I grew up getting into a lot of fights with my nephew who was only 7 monthes younger then me, and over 50% of time instigated the initial physical contact (He was also always a little bigger then me until my sophomore year of high school btw, just saying cause I don’t wanna sound like a bully I’ve ALWAYS utterly detested bullies.)

Anyway what I’ve been leading to with all this rambling is, literally this morning I had an adrenaline rush dream and what happened in it was; I was over near my old elementary school and it was starting to get late, probably around 7 in the evening. The way the front of the building is shaped is just like one side of the letter ‘H’ the center being the entrance with 2 walls extending on the right & left. I saw some weird looking thugs on motorcycles, but for some reason I decided to ignore them and walk up to the right corner of the school entrance to peer inside. As soon as I began approaching the corner these 3 thugs decide to roll up on me and start walking up, one of them being a really big dude literally fitting the description of a stereotypical cue ball he has a 2 & a half foot long metal pole in his hand coming towards me along with the other 2 coming up too. At this point I think I remember having a very swift thought in my head of: “Okay this is kind of weird I wonder if this is a dream.” Nonetheless I start sprinting to the opposite side with them chasing me, I then turn 180 degrees and start running down the street past the school and quickly come to a wall, where the big dude slams into it like an idiot on his bike and knocks himself out. So now I turn around to look and the 2 others are still coming towards me(I remember at this point being like 3 feet above them cause I’m standing on a trash can or something for some odd reason), so I rip the metal pole out of his hand and at first I’m feeling like I have limited motor function, my first swing barely grazes the first guy, and so then I swing as hard as possible on the next slamming the guy directly on the right side of the dome and knocking him out… I then jump down and throw him into the big guy, and from here on I remember very vaguely. The last guy ends up basically just grabbing onto me and putting me into a chokehold, at this point I’m starting to get a very distressed, I struggle with him for a few seconds.

Here’s the really weird part, suddenly I hear a deep powerful emanating voice inside my head that says something along the lines of; “Now wake up and see that it is really ME attacking you.” I instantly wake up and my whole body is vibrating with energy and adrenaline, at first I felt constricted by it, I look back in forth expecting to see an assailant, shortly after I realize it was all a dream. So I then started building chi in my hands and I start saying in my head “Who are you?? Who was it attacking me?” “Why did you attack?” “Is there somebody there?” I did this for the next 5 minutes, building energy and focusing on the vibration of my ajna chakra, and it seemed like every time I asked a question I got a jolt of energy that pulsed through me. I know I’m definitely not on speaking grounds with spirits yet, but it seems like whenever I ask for energy assistance from spirits they would reply by doing this.

Yesterday before going to bed I meditated at least 4-6 hours cause I was at home with nearly nothing to do all day, and I tried evoking archangel raphael using the “Summon Forth” incantation from EA Koetting and asked to have him pull my astral body out as I got into very deep meditation. I felt a definite energy shift like an overbearing powerful presence, and I ended up falling asleep during the first attempt, and then tried summoning him again later in the day. I wonder if I offended him or attracted something else. I’ve tried evoking azazel a couple times but it was always very brief. The reason I’ve been working with archangels lately is because I wanna get a very decent foundation first on magick before going to other spirits because I fear being tricked by malevolent entities. But in the future there is absolutely no denying I’m going to end up getting quite well-versed in the use of baneful magick cause there is some work to be done…