Anybody recognize this symbol?

I was thinking of consecrating it to use as a triangle.

My mother was at the linear earlier and I asked her to print off the Table of Practice and Triangle of Art.
This is what she got for triangle of art.
I was going to flip it upside-down to use for demonic evocation placing the censor on top the inverted pentagram of course.

But have any of you seen this before?

MK

The two images that look like toad or frog skeletons make me think it’s pagan, maybe wiccan, I had a quick look & couldn’t find anything online that matched it.

Can you ask her where she found it - it might have a whole page that describes what the other imagery is for that might help?

It looks cool, like someone composed it with specific meanings, one to do a quick reading on I guess? :slight_smile:

Like I stated I asked her to print out the Triangle of Art as well and this is the first image that pops up

As you see there’s the triangle with the pentagram in the middle.At the top left is the sun.At the top left appears to be to the best of my knowledge a Celtic knot/maze? Then there’s the what appear to be frog skeletons.Then for some odd reason there’s a male and female figure outline standing next to each other on the lower left hand corner.
There is also a rams head at the top inner point of the triangle.

And last but not least and both the bottom left and right side are depictions of 3 what look to be rats (if you’ve read my most precious posts you’ll know why I’m pointing this out) in a circle devouring each others tails.

I did a quick reading on whether or not to use it to evoke Belial and I got Works,Worry,and Oppression.
This told me to go on with the working and not let my worry het in the WA or it will oppress my desires.

But couldn’t find anything on the web about it and it IS an odd arrangement of characters so if anyone knows or stumbles across the meaning of this symbol let me know please!

MK

Right, I’m not clear where she printed it from though? I tried googling “triangle of the art” plus or minus various words like “occult” etc., geo-location set to USA and didn’t find it, no biggie - I’m sure when more people get online they might have useful input. :slight_smile:

Strange…I almost feel like I was supposed to receive it.

P.S:I should have also have mentioned that all she typed in was “Triangle of Art”.Also she printed it off at the
library.

Fab, thanks - that explains it all! :slight_smile:

My google-fu was weak this day, Yoda… :wink:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:7, topic:6619”]Fab, thanks - that explains it all! :slight_smile:

My google-fu was weak this day, Yoda… ;)[/quote]

Do you use a triangle in your work, Eva?

Why does this triangle differ so much from the more well known Triangle of Art?Is this from another grimoire? Anybody that has knowledge and/ or experience using this symbol I would like to know what it’s used for.

I plan on developing my own creative use for it,but I would like to find out it’s origins and how its has been used in macjick first.

MK

I use triangles a lot for things, but not as a manifestation base - to attempt to answer this & M_K’s last post, the trad. Triangle Of The Art has 3 names round the outside, “Tetragrammaton,” “Anaphaxeton” and “Primeumaton” - spellings seem to vary when I quickly double-checked this online.

Then you have the name Michael wrapped (like Raphael’s “mantra wrap”) round as well. Here’s an example:

Because I never even touched on trad. grimoire magick until relatively recently, this had no place in my working repertoire, I just evoked spirits without it, so when I learned more about grimoire magick, I didn’t bother with it because I was doing fine anyway, getting full evocations and so on.

Also I didn’t come to this with the idea demons are “Grr” and want to damn you to hell etc., so I didn’t see the need to use “godnames” (if they are that - this blog post is quite interesting, looks at the Greek origins of the 3 names), and an angel’s name as enforcer.

BUT - that said, the name-wrapping method Raphael gave me works, and he told me that the use of the name Michael like that was similar, in terms of helping with the working - it’s not something I’ve had any significant problems with, but then I’ve been doing magick a long time and already have spirits I trust “on my side”…

I see no reason NOT to use it - but when I asked one of the demonic Kings what they would prefer, he suggested a plain black hexagon, and there’s a post I made about that here.

There are links to the black hexagonal shape on Saturn as well… anyway that’s what a trad. Triangle is like, that’s why I don’t use one, and that’s what I use instead. Sorry this is a bit long! :slight_smile:

I might use one at some point because some of those Greek names are appearing in my discoveries, and seem to mean something slightly different to the “godname” theory, fates willing I’ll post about that if it turns out to be interesting.

ETA - I also meant to say I don’t know why this one differs, I didn’t follow up on the links posted with it, but my guess is that the wording on the trad. Triangle is to cause a suspension of normality (via the use of names of power/godnames/sacred geometry) as this seems to be the key to most magickal tools like circles, triangles, etc.

You have reality running as probablistic clockwork/weave, but you want to make an improbable thing happen, and/or a thing that violates normality, like a demon popping up for a chat.

So in order to do this (ref: The Kybalion’s use of laws) you invoke a higher level of law than everyday reality, in this case the creativity/power of God/your godself, you also maybe block some forces that would prevent your will becoming manifest.

That SEEMS to be the link between all tools (circles, triangles, hexagons etc). Don’t take my word for this though, I’m just speculating, albeit I think I’m onto something.

If that theory’s true then maybe this one was designed with powerful symbolism related to certain spirits/gods/forces who can also block/suspend clockwork reality.

I’m really rambling now & shall can it, soz. :\

The link I posted was a copyright page, so basically someone created this image and wanted to copyright it for whatever reason. So no, it’s not from an old grimoire; this is further shown by the fact that most of the symbols on it come from tattoo parlor ClipArt images and are direct cut and past images from ClipArt. But it does have meaning. Most of the symbols on it represent rebirth and initiation. Why it was created, who knows, you’d have to ask the copyright holder. But its symbolism suggests spiritual evolution.

I use triangles a lot for things, but not as a manifestation base - to attempt to answer this & M_K’s last post, the trad. Triangle Of The Art has 3 names round the outside, “Tetragrammaton,” “Anaphaxeton” and “Primeumaton” - spellings seem to vary when I quickly double-checked this online.

Then you have the name Michael wrapped (like Raphael’s “mantra wrap”) round as well. Here’s an example:

Because I never even touched on trad. grimoire magick until relatively recently, this had no place in my working repertoire, I just evoked spirits without it, so when I learned more about grimoire magick, I didn’t bother with it because I was doing fine anyway, getting full evocations and so on.

Also I didn’t come to this with the idea demons are “Grr” and want to damn you to hell etc., so I didn’t see the need to use “godnames” (if they are that - this blog post is quite interesting, looks at the Greek origins of the 3 names), and an angel’s name as enforcer.

BUT - that said, the name-wrapping method Raphael gave me works, and he told me that the use of the name Michael like that was similar, in terms of helping with the working - it’s not something I’ve had any significant problems with, but then I’ve been doing magick a long time and already have spirits I trust “on my side”…

I see no reason NOT to use it - but when I asked one of the demonic Kings what they would prefer, he suggested a plain black hexagon, and there’s a post I made about that here.

There are links to the black hexagonal shape on Saturn as well… anyway that’s what a trad. Triangle is like, that’s why I don’t use one, and that’s what I use instead. Sorry this is a bit long! :slight_smile:

I might use one at some point because some of those Greek names are appearing in my discoveries, and seem to mean something slightly different to the “godname” theory, fates willing I’ll post about that if it turns out to be interesting.

ETA - I also meant to say I don’t know why this one differs, I didn’t follow up on the links posted with it, but my guess is that the wording on the trad. Triangle is to cause a suspension of normality (via the use of names of power/godnames/sacred geometry) as this seems to be the key to most magickal tools like circles, triangles, etc.

You have reality running as probablistic clockwork/weave, but you want to make an improbable thing happen, and/or a thing that violates normality, like a demon popping up for a chat.

So in order to do this (ref: The Kybalion’s use of laws) you invoke a higher level of law than everyday reality, in this case the creativity/power of God/your godself, you also maybe block some forces that would prevent your will becoming manifest.

That SEEMS to be the link between all tools (circles, triangles, hexagons etc). Don’t take my word for this though, I’m just speculating, albeit I think I’m onto something.

If that theory’s true then maybe this one was designed with powerful symbolism related to certain spirits/gods/forces who can also block/suspend clockwork reality.

I’m really rambling now & shall can it, soz. :[/quote]

I enjoy your ramblings. I for some reason thought you used one, I don’t use one myself and from what I’ve read on here the spirits hate the triangle. Your post brought to mind a Mark Alan Smith article about how he evoced Belial using a triangle and some enochian tablets and Belial told him to get rid of the tablets and the “god” names around the triangle.

1 Like

The bottom-left image is the Staff of Aesclepius.

It’s commonly mistaken for the Wand of Mercury, or the Caduceus, which is used by the American medical fraternity. The Staff is the original symbol (a single snake around a plain rod), while the Caduceus was mistakenly introduced during WW2 by the Army (i think) medical corps of the USA.

I can only think that the overall symbolism is one of health, or healing. The toads / frogs have been used for a long time as a symbol of balance or equilibrium, as they are often the first animals to suffer when the local ecosystem changes. It’s quite amazing actually.

The sun image, possibly eclipsed, would represent alchemical union and equilibrium again, and the maze in the opposite corner is indeed celtic (check wikipedia for “celtic maze”). The ram’s skull may represent Aries, and the two identical symbols in the lower corners of the triangle are also a celtic design of “three intertwined dogs”. Also on wikipedia, and highly stylised so it’s not obvious that they are, indeed, dogs.

Hope this helps somewhat.

-Tj.