Any power in fasting?

Medically, there are some people who should NEVER fast. My mother has had serious stomach problems her whole life, and now has to eat 5 or 6 small snacks/meals every day to stay healthy and mobile. She actually does not require an alarm clock to wake up at 5am every day because her stomach wakes her up requiring breakfast.

So, if you discover that you TRULY cannot fast, or wind up with a doctor telling you flatly not to fast, please pay attention and don’t feel bad.

5 Likes

Interesting. This seems to be only topic about fasting before rituals what I’ve found here. Wish me luck I will try 3 day fasting (drinking only water) for the first time in my life so wish me luck. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just be careful and don’t push yourself beyond normal boundaries that would lead you into a dangerous situation such as fainting or blacking out. We’d like to hear from you again with results!!!

I would suggest fasting only if you have no underlying medical issues such as diabetes, any autoimmune condition or epilepsy.

Reasons are that it can mess up your electrolyte balance, hormone production and if you are on any medication it can cause issues with administration for example some oral drugs need food eg fats to be correctly assimilated or need to be dosed across the day and can’t simply be taken as an accumulated one off with supper.

Probably doesn’t count as fasting as I hadn’t really thought about this but I tend to eat once a day in the evening - drink a lot of water and green tea though (hate green tea but it helps, still hate it - Matcha is like drinking a cactus).

2 Likes

It count as fasting. Many people who wants to build muscle takes this route.

1 Like

In my case everything is heading southwards - I must have extremely muscular feet - looks at hooves…

1 Like

Ok I have to try our vegan meal replacement stuff which in liquid form or pine apple juice. I’m healthy like a horse practically. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve never tried fasting before so I thought to give a try how it works with rituals or evocation and how do I feel with it. Abramelin tells about fasting in his book. I think The Sacred magic of Abramelin the mage is the book. I know,don’t take everything literally but…

For me, fasting helps me to become more spiritually aware… I can see more clearly the reality of this world…

1 Like

I will let you know how it goes. I will do evoking of Bael after 72 hours to see if there’s a difference.

2 Likes

I have been fasting now 24 hours. Last night after 12 hours of fasting, I called Dantalion to appear.
I couldn’t see or hear him yet, unfortunately. What was strange was after I went to bed I had 2 different highly sexual and intensive dreams during the night which woke me up two times. Do you think Dantalion tried to send me a message using the dream he heard me? Or was it a product of my imagination? I didn’t think about sex before going to bed. :stuck_out_tongue: I was only focusing on calling Dantalion.

2 Likes

Does your room feel “charged” after that?

1 Like

Hmm. Not really. I know there is good energy but otherwise nothing special. While I hold his sigil in my leading (right) hand,or any sigil , I feel strong energies going in. I try to figure out what to do differently or what to change.

Awesome I’m doing another successful sleep deprivation session this Halloween and if your fasting for three days be sure to have a drink besides you after your done with your evocations so you can break the fast whenever you’re done, happy trails