Any make shift solutions?

I need a means of divination but I cant get my hands on runes, tarot and I definitely not bones. I ching confuses me and I cant get my hands on the coins.
I want to do pendulum magic, but im afraid the best I can do right now is a string attached to a paperclip.
Can anyone recommend me some easy alternatives and maybe the specific of the method If you have time ?

A regular deck of standard playing cards can be used like tarot cards.

7 Likes

This has everything, including a legal download of the Book:

2 Likes

Ive known amazing readers who choose to read with playing cards not tarot.

3 Likes

Heya, OP! Personally went through the same as my native country’s the old-fashioned religious kind, so here are some possible alternatives:

1. Gaming or anime-based cards - Easy to find and purchase. Examples would be Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Pokemon cards and Cardcaptor Sakura’s Clow cards, to name a few. There’s even a thread about how these actually work as long as you use your intuition properly. IME I tried reading with Pokemon cards just for fun and despite not knowing much about the actual Pokemons, the reading was surprisingly accurate.

2. Charms - Works similar to casting bones. You just collect or buy charms, trinkets and the like, assign your personal meanings/symbolisms to it, gather them all in a container, done. This strategy is popular with pick-a-card readers, with some even using scrabble pieces, scrapbook decors, normal playing dice, stickers, etc.

3. Postcards - My personal favorite lol. Find or purchase ones that suit your tastes and that’s it. I still use them until now because they function similarly to oracle cards and add depth to a tarot reading.

4. Coloured papers - Just cut them all into squares and ta-da, you now have your own “colour oracle” deck, wherein you can do divination based on colour meanings/symbolisms. Depends on you though if you want to go by the traditional colour meanings or interpret them as your own.

5. Shufflemancy - Divination by music, specifically shuffling any music playlist you have, focusing on the question at hand, clicking Play and the song that randomly plays is the answer you’d have to interpret. It’s very easy and fun, also a personal fave because it just works.

Am sure there are more, but these are just some of the alternatives I’ve tried and tested effectively.

5 Likes

Then make them! You can download images from Google and print them out! Or better yet draw them on thick papers! You can get crafty it doesn’t have to be perfect!

that is good to know thank you

Ah, thanks for posting this, I tested 3 of these on some small issues I have and the way how well they actually worked scared me a little.

thnak you for this

1 Like

could you also clear up my doubts on something else? Would a necklace work aswell?

1 Like