Anubis Recommendations

So yesterday night after Meditating I felt a strong urge to Astral Project. After laying down and slipping into trance I felt a spiritual guide of some sort lift me out of my body, we flew to a building where my guide introduced me to Anubis who seemed very happy to see me. I want to make further contact with Anubis to try and make sense of all this. But I don’t really know anything about Egyption magick or how to approach Egyption Godforms. Any tips, rules, or techniques would be very helpful.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of stuff online - the religious veneration of these gods in the modern day is called Kemeticism, so that’s a useful search term to get some ideas (along with Netjer, the term used on many sites as the umbrella name for the gods & goddesses of ancient Egypt), and there’s also some nice devotional poetry and art online made by Kemeticists.

All the Wikipedia pages for the major Egyptian gods are good as a starting point to find terms for further research, they usually have a drawing done in traditional style, and the also the heiroglyphs for the name of the god. The Egyptians valued consistamcy in their art, they had rules and templates for how to represent the human body and so on which didn’t really change much over millenia, so I think they would have loved the idea of digital art that can be reproduced perfectly every time on a printer - so, for that reason, printing images you find online to begin with seems reasonable to me, later you can copy these if you want to make your own art.

The Wikipedia pages also usually have an outline of the stories and attributes associated with them, and footnotes for further research. We’re fortunate that Egyptology is a “legitimate” field of academic study, providing tons of material! :slight_smile:

To really get to know them though, there’s no replacement for interacting directly, asking them what they want, and what they can do for you. Going by what we know of the temples, where (I believe) the priests and priestesses evoked the gods into statues, they seem to value cleanliness, integrity, and a love for embodied life.

The line between magick and religion appears to have been blurred, with the expectation that they would look after the people who honoured them in material and tangible ways, as well as protecting them in the afterlife.

Home shrines appear to have been in wide use, meaning common and often illiterate people felt they had the right to direct contact with their gods in their own homes, and modern people also seem to find them among the more approachable spirits.

If you can find it online, the recent BBC 4-part series “Immortal Egypt with Joann Fletcher” has a good overview of the changes in Egyptian society, and a respectful look at their religious beliefs and how these evolved.

1 Like

One of my magical coworkers has been working very closely with Anubis for nearly 25 years.

I’ll talk to her sometime next week and see what she says, if she’s willing to give any information or rituals for you.

[quote=“Velotak, post:3, topic:7878”]One of my magical coworkers has been working very closely with Anubis for nearly 25 years.

I’ll talk to her sometime next week and see what she says, if she’s willing to give any information or rituals for you.[/quote]

Awesome! I look forward to hearing it :slight_smile:

In my dealings with Anubis, is the more strong quiet type. I can merely present to you what has worked for me in the past. I use a senet daily which is the ritual cleansing of yourself before you present yourself before him. This is the first invocation I used:
Lord of the desert sands
Who guides lost souls through endless waste
Into a better land
Who brings the Dead
To their final judgment
Into the hand of Ma’at
Great-eared one who sniffs out
All things hidden
And from whom nothing
Can be concealed forever,
Guide us surely and skillfully
Out of the darkness
Of our own blind searching.

Offerings I have found he takes Kindly too: Beer, figs, Bone, Meat and Flowers picked from a Boquet laid at a strangers grave.

Hope this helps

1 Like

You mean go to a graveyard and take a random strangers bouquet of flowers from there site?

I believe Anubis is a Greek word. Use his real name when you encounter him next. Anpu
The Egyptians believed strongly in the power of names and one knew another’s name control could be had over them.

Id highly begin to read carefully his legends and myths and understand his place within the pantheon.

If you’re interested in practicing the invokation of godforms here’s a good photo of a statue sacred to him.

Good luck

1 Like

I can confirm on this. Although I haven’t worked properly with him yet, but when he first introduced himself to me, it was “Anubis”. Then the second time, it was “Anpu”, after I learned that it was another name he had.

1 Like

That’s awesome sounds like you’ve got the real spirit then. Keep it up. :grin:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m 100% sure it was really him lol. Because of all the weird dreams I had, shit was crazy. He asked me to contact him at the time, which I haven’t done yet because I am not really practicing that much lately, and also because the only way for me to do it is in the astral, thing that I do not control that much yet.

But yes, can’t wait to work with him when I finally get started again :smiley: He sounds amazing

1 Like

I’ve had a teacher of Egyptian Magick fr about two years. Fascinating stuff. I worked with Horus, Set, and Bastet quite extensively though not in years now. Great pantheon.

1 Like

Yeah I always was interested in the Egyptian stuff, so it was a big surprise when Anubis’s name and face popped up in a meditation one day. Didn’t give it much thoughts at the time though lol.

How is Bastet by the way ? I am interested to know more about her, mostly because of her connection with cats I guess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bastet is playful, fun, caring, sexual, sensual, indolent, remarkable and lovely.

1 Like