Another experience with unknown loa (lwa)?

Last night while I was calling Papa Legba, Papa Legba’s Veve was glowing, but there was a moment when just half part of Veve was glowing.I have been asking Papa Legba to continue opening spiritual world, improving my spiritual senses(clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience), helping me to be a good seer. I had a dream: " Someone was touching my head and put his hands on my forehead, it felt like if I was being possessed(I felt like losing control of my body), and a voice told me " I am a loa, a Petro loa" while I continued feeling someone was touching my head and forehead. I woke up, it was 4:59 am. I tried to sleep again, I was paralyzed three times, a spirit looking like my beloved dead pet, but it was an imposter, so I really got mad, it bothered me a lot, I could wake up two times, that imposter was still around, trying to imitate my beloved dead pet, I asked Papa Legba to help me, and he made the imposter leave but there was someone beside my bed, a shadow man, but I could not see him well, he looked like a shadow man with horns(Met Kalfou?), he was pulling my right arm.

I was planning to call Maman Brigitte because of my last two dreams, but I haven’t called her yet. what should I do?

1 Like

What are you doing in the way of cleansing and banishing before and after ritual? Having good housekeeping should kick these out of the house, and then having strong wards stops them from getting back in.

1 Like

Yes, I usually cleanse and banish, but just before, not after.But I will do it better. what about my dream? could he be Met Kalfou?

To me, this dream sounds like a memory processing dream. You’ve been working with the loa and your subconscious is mulling that over.

But you don’t say what you felt about that part, and in my mind, your heart feelings are an important part of a dream and it can’t be easily interpreted without knowing that.

I would meditate on the dream, journeying back into it in your conscious mind, asking each element what they are and what they mean, and taking it further. I would also evoke Papa Legba and ask him if it was him.

We have a bunch more info about divining dream meanings here:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help , I will check my dream, try to meditate it and even ask Papa Legba. And about dreams , I have done a little dreamwork, I have had a diary for about 2 years, I usually have received answers and warnings through dreams.

1 Like

I understand that experiences like this can be both fascinating and unsettling. It’s essential to approach these situations with caution and discernment, especially when dealing with spirits and the spiritual world.

Firstly, I recommend grounding and centering yourself, focusing on your own energy and well-being. This will help you remain balanced and discerning as you navigate these experiences.

Since you’ve been working with Papa Legba, continue to ask for his guidance and protection. As the guardian of the crossroads, he can help you navigate the spiritual realm and communicate with other spirits or loas.

It’s essential to thoroughly research Maman Brigitte and any other spirits or loas you plan on contacting. This will help you understand their nature, how to approach them, and what to expect from them. Maintain a strong sense of self and your intentions when engaging with them.

If you feel drawn to call upon Maman Brigitte, do so with respect and caution. Before reaching out to her, create a safe and sacred space by cleansing your environment and setting up appropriate offerings or symbols associated with her. Remember to express gratitude to Papa Legba for his assistance and for helping you navigate the spiritual realm.

Lastly, pay attention to the signs, dreams, and synchronicities in your life. Keep a journal to document your experiences and look for patterns or messages that may provide guidance. Trust your intuition and seek guidance from experienced practitioners or mentors when needed.

Always remember that spiritual growth is a journey, and it’s essential to maintain a strong foundation in your personal spiritual practice. Stay grounded, and approach your spiritual exploration with curiosity and discernment.

1 Like

Based on your description:

Probably not. Look into Loa said to have horns,

Bossu is a Petro Loa for example that is said to be the Bull with three horns.

Taureau-trois-graines is also a Petro Loa that has a name that implies he’s a bull with three testicles.

Either of these might appear as horned based on what I’ve read and know- I’m sure they are not they only two as well.

You may wish to search their description with the word Loa or Les in google to find possibilities.

Obviously what you find is not the only options but it would give you a base to operate from as you were clearly just guessing here.

Someone else may come along and say something, but I can’t think of any reason to believe Kalfu would appear with horns. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes you’re right, Bossou is a Petro loa with horns( and in many sources he seems the one with horns in description(except but the another Petro that is bull so it means he has horns). I have been checking some ebooks I have, one of the books about loas, it’s written in spanish: " The Petro form of Papa Legba is Met Kafou Legba, which represents destruction rather than creation, in Benin, Nigeria and Togo, Papa Legba is seen as a trickster deity, young and virile, small height, with horns and of a phallic character, which introduces chaos and disturbance, being associated with the moon and the night. " This is in Papa Legba’s section.

If you search for “Met Kalfou” : "In Haitian Vodou he is one of the Petro aspects of the spirit of Papa Legba. He is often depicted as a young man or as a demon(devil), his color is red and he prefers gunpowder infused rum, he is often syncretized with Satan. " and there is a curious art paint.

1 Like

Personally I think that’s where most people get it wrong. I’d consider Petro a family name or a title or maybe even a description for the type of Loa you find within the Petros.

I don’t believe it’s simply an aspect based on my works and if they are, they’ve developed into full blown personalities over time.

If you call Legba, Kalfu, Bossu, and Taureau-trois-graines you will get four very distinct Loa whose personalities don’t match or overlap and neither or rarely do their back stories.

Historical accounts do not say Kalfu sometimes called Legba. At least as far as I’ve seen, they just don’t and neither do any accounts I’ve read from practitioners.

I can’t ever discern a legitimate reason to believe this when someone suggests it, especially when you try to pull clairsentience or claircognianze information to confirm what these people are saying.

Of course I’m speaking as someone whose tried to research them since before recorded history and starting beyond ancient Nigeria and Egypt. As I’ve said it’s very hard to nail down with legitimate documents.

It’s not nearly so hard to nail down what the Loa themselves say about this or the claircognianze and clairsentience information- that’s just hard to put into words when people with zero discernment believe everything they read and assume they can trust people and works based on something other than this information because they can’t confirm it themselves.

If you look into it however, there are many names with Petro or Radha etc and they often follow a title like the Damballahs, Ezulies etc.

If you look at the name combination you can derive what skills or powers that Loa has without their backstory and you can confirm these skills with the story that tells how they used their skills and under what circumstances.

Under the context in which they used these powers and skills you can determine what types of rituals and works they will be well suited for.

For example a Loa that was a martyr defending his raped and murdered wife, makes for really good justified revenge, but not for really good baneful work against unjust targets or for killing or attacking the spouse of your secret love or breaking up couples.

You may find in time you stick with what you read or assume and you may someday feel silly for the assumptions you made. I personally feel stupid for believing other magicians and books in regards to the Loa as I would have benefited much more if I’d just allowed and accepted instead of thinking it had to be this or that way because most voodoo people said this or that.

I’ve found in truth, that most legit voodoo practitioners actually agree with me, and it’s usually only the ones trying to make a living scamming people with their knowledge and services that seem to be absolutely livid at my suggestions.

However occasionally a good hearted person does the same thing an over zealous anyone does and gets upset at something they know is true but don’t think the public should know or that they don’t want to believe they were misled on.

Either way, the best thing you can do is work on your discernment and figure out a plan for confirmation as you won’t find confirmation outside of yourself for most things.

People just aren’t talking about the Loa in common terms you see on the forum or in average evocation and invocation settings.

They aren’t using these methods, so they aren’t speaking this way and they aren’t getting the same types of results because most are not operating like this.

For example veves weren’t truly meant to work like a sigil, it just seems to be happenstance that they do. Real voodoo practitioners don’t use the veves quite like me and you are. They inscribe them on things yes, but they don’t use them as the calling card for summoning.

The average practitioner working with the Loa does not seem to be approaching as a student or respectful equal looking to learn, they seem to approach as a worshipper or devotee who will often be a student as well, but who will often depend very heavily on their payments of offerings rendering favor in the relationship and with results.

These things change the context very quickly imop and make it difficult to compare what you are doing to what anyone else is doing.

So I don’t. I don’t practice voodoo, I work with the Loa in a completely different context as that so I don’t expect to get the same exact result or appearances or any of that because I try to allow things to be what they are instead of fitting them into things the way I think they should.

I don’t get it all right, but it works pretty well for me, so I’m sure with some work on discernment and practice you’ll figure this can’t discern who they are stuff out.

1 Like

You are right, I have already felt silly and confused because of what sometimes I read, as you said.

I always try to approach them as a student, trying not to worship them because I already had a bad experience with demonolatry point of view.

I will have to meditate and continue asking Papa Legba to help me find who this loa is. Anyway I think, first I should call Mamam Brigitte because she came to me in two dreams, I have also been working on another things( I have also been reading some books) but I will talk about it when I am done.

Thank you very much for your help :smiling_face:, you are very wise like @Mulberry. I admire you both.

2 Likes

I am always very respectful with spirits and specially with Papa Legba, actually I felt a little afraid before contacting him, but he came to help me when I needed, so I am very respectful with him, I am very grateful to him. You’re right, first I should call Mamam Brigitte, although I will continue meditating and asking Papa Legba to help me know who this another loa is.

I really trust in my dreams a lot, since I was very young I realized they were not only dreams, they were warnings, answers to questions, things to come.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

1 Like