Animal Spirits & Ancestor Work

I have gotten like 1001 signs from various media that it would be a good shout to try and ask Bear spirit to aid me in some ancestor work. Specifically, to ask Bear’s assistance in healing and protecting my father’s paternal lineage and especially working to untease a collective complex centered around the long-term suppression of the diving feminine (thanks xtian church). I’ve got ideas on how to approach this, and Bune is very kindly assisting me with this work in general, but if anyone has any experience with involving animal spirits in ancestor work, do please share!!

5 Likes

This has been coming up for me lately as well

1 Like

Bear specifically or involving animal oversouls in ancestor work?

More or so delving into ancestry work

1 Like

Wildwood is a great deck for it, in my limited experience

2 Likes

It was the wildwood that brought it up for me lmao

1 Like

ha, go figure!

1 Like

You know, the other week, I approached my ancestors with an idea I had. It was to call upon Wights that had positive ties to my Ancestors. If you’re doing ancestor work, it wouldn’t hurt to ask them if any of them had a relationship with bear spirit or a land spirit that may represent that.

1 Like
  1. The wight idea is very interesting, I hope you share how that goes!
  2. I will try that, thank you :slight_smile:
2 Likes

I haven’t journeyed to meet Cave Bear yet, but I did dream last night that I was wearing a living bear skin :thinking:

I remember there was some sort of confusion in the dream; something about 2 spirits.

1 Like