I am starting this thread to foster discussion about animal necromancy, a topic which is understudied in the occult. By animal necromancy, I mean working with the shades of animals.
Reasons to take up the study that I can think of:
- Interested in therianism (shapeshifting into an animal, like a werewolf)? Work with the animal spirits.
- More legal than human necromancy. Many people have a pet buried in their backyard, which can serve the same purpose as a human graveyard. And it is better to dig up fluffy for relics than fluffy’s owner, most places.
- Most of the skills are transferable. Shade summoning and death essence manipulation is the same, so it can be an easier place to begin.
In my own practice, I have found that graveyard dirt taken from my dog’s grave works just as well as human grave dirt.
I also want to give you a recipe for a necromantic elixir so power, and specifically honed toward animal necromancy, that it has become a cornerstone of my practice. Warning: while not as bad as Serpent’s Blood, the manufacture is physically and spiritually dangerous, not to mention incredibly disgusting.
The elixir mortis animalis is made with the following recipe:
- Find an animal which has died in situ. Roadkill works well. The body should be sufficiently decayed that many of the bones are exposed and bleached white by the sun.
- gather the remains in a vessel, which has been consecrated to that purpose. A plastic pale works very well. You may need to do a little dis-articulation to get the remains to fit.
- Leave the pale in a graveyard right before it is to rain. Allow the pale to be filled with the rain water.
- Allow the water to remain in the bucket for at least nine days, but it is much better to wait until the water has turned stagnant and murky and has mosquito larvae in it. It may smell putrid.
- Take a measure of the water (it is not only fine but preferable if little bits are left in the water) and place it on the necromantic altar. Charge the water with the death essence.
death essence sticks to this stuff like glue. pour some on your tools (outdoors) or on the altar or on the ground or in the manifesting triangle.
Now, If you don’t want to make this stuff yourself, I have some extra. Email me or friend me on facebook and I’ll see if I can hook you up. Don’t PM me here. Unfortunately due to labor and time cost I can’t afford to give it away, and I can’t sell it here under the new rules. What I can do for free is give you advice on making it yourself.
I’m putting up a series of videos on my youtube channel to continue the conversation. The First one is here http://youtu.be/GUjGOjnx_Hs
So, I’d love to know what experiences you all have had in the field.