Angels and Demons

If I ask an Angel to protect me would that cause problems with Lucifer and the other demons I am working with ? I know Angels are stronger than demons and therefore can protect a person more . But should I just ask Lucifer and other demons or should I ask an Angel for protection and ask demons for everything else ?

2 Likes

One reason why I use DuQuettes Ceremonial Magick tarot book and Nick Farrell’s Shem Grimoire, I’d because there are 72 angels and 73 demons, 144 as a pair. For each AM or PM angel, there is also a corresponding demon. Sometimes two of the angels.can be invoked, to balance each other and the demon. Not sure where Lucifer would fit in there.

1 Like

Citation please?

In regards to the question, unless the demon wants to hurt you, no.

2 Likes

So they both are on the same level ?

1 Like

JMO demons are the stronger of the two. But that is my opinion, do not take it as fact.

If I may ask where did you get the notion that angels were stronger? No I’m not asking to make fun, its genuine curiosity.

3 Likes

Again, in regards to the question, unless the being you are working with wishes to harm you, the protector will not intervene unless told otherwise

3 Likes

it all depends on resonance. If someone has a stronger resonance with angels, then angels will work better for them than demons or other deities, and vice versa.

as for the question, if you want to summon an angel for protection, that shouldn’t interfere with any current work, There’s a number of rituals that involve both michael and lucifer to accomplish similar goals. But if you are concerned, there are many demons who are more than capable for protection spells, including lucifer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

East gate/watchtower. That’s where Lucifer would preside, which would be equiv to Ace and Princess of Swords. You could evoke Raphael, that would be the equiv angel.

2 Likes

I think I saw it here somewhere and online somewhere else

Someone may work better with a certain current. You may not align with my current and vice versa. But that doesn’t mean one has strength over the other, which is what was implied about angels over demons.

This I agree with.

4 Likes

And for that I cannot fault you. As I said, I dont hold an answer to that. Not an unbiased one at least

2 Likes

I work with both angels and demons, and have had no issues. I also have not experienced one as stronger than the other. They each have their place. Working with both should be fine unless you are engaged in work with a specific being and that being tells you certain energies will interfere. If you think calling upon an angel for protection might interfere with your work with Lucifer, then ask him about it. From what I understand, he is a pretty cool guy, and works with magicians of all currents.

2 Likes

From my perspective, yes, asking angels, the divine servants of God, to protect you will certainly frustrate any workings you’re doing with the demonic.

St. Barnabas the Apostle, General Epistle XVIII, “There are two ways of doctrine and authority, the one of light, and the other of darkness. But there is a great difference between these two ways. For over one are stationed the light-bringing angels of God, but over the other the angels 2 Corinthians 12:7 of Satan. And He indeed (i.e., God) is Lord for ever and ever, but he (i.e., Satan) is prince of the time of iniquity.”

We can know from this Apostolic writing that God’s angels are stronger than Satan’s angels, as the divine angels are associated with light, and darkness can never overcome the light.

2 Likes

Very interesting view indeed. But without darkness there is no light. Which is more powerful? Light cannot exist without darkness, but darkness is ever present.

2 Likes

Neither groups really care who you go to.

3 Likes

Don’t really care*

1 Like

Light, speaking naturally, and not spiritually, exists without darkness all the time. Darkness is simply the lack of light. It doesn’t have it’s own essence. Light has an existence. It is created by luminous objects, but there is nothing that produces darkness.

Therefore, translating that which is natural into that which is spiritual the way of light overcomes every work in the way of darkness.

John 1:5, “5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can not overcome it.”

The Greek word translated as overcome could also be translated as understand or grasp.

1 John 1:5, “5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him there is no darkness at all.”

Because there exists no darkness in God, darkness cannot fathom anything about him, his plans, or his divine power.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8, “6 Yet among the mature we do speak wisdom, though it is not a wisdom of this age or of the [demonic] rulers of this age, who are doomed to perish. 7 But we speak God’s wisdom, secret and hidden, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the [demonic] rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”

If the darkness was capable of grasping the wisdom of God they would not have allowed to be Crucified, by which he “destroyed the works of the devil (1 John 3:8).”

While of course, you may disagree with the legitimacy of quoting from the Bible. But even still my first point stands. In nature, luminous objects produce light, there is nothing that produces darkness. There are no “tenebrisous” objects, as it were, in reality.

4 Likes

You and I could be here all night splitting hairs :laughing: agree to disagree, brother?

3 Likes

They coexist. I will not debate. Final answer. Being lightness and darkness. Energetically speaking, each has a nature and essence like it’s counterpart. Everything has a form of essence.

Personally I wouldn’t trust everything the Bible says in terms of witchcraft and the occult but to each their own. No bashing here. I just don’t debate. Simply because I don’t care what everyone else is thinking all of the time.

5 Likes

Agreed, my brother

1 Like