An Old Sea God

Nereid,

Right now I’m having difficulty with the logistics of performing ritual on my ship. It’s been very difficult finding a place to be alone, first off, secondly I cannot bring the standard implements onboard. ie Knives, Candles, Charcoal disks and incense. So I’m looking for places in port to do these types of ritual. This may have to wait for me to get into the Caribbean where I know the location of secluded beaches. However, I did take EA’s advice above and have been reading up on the ancient gods/goddess/demons from Michael Fords Books. I have Advesarial Light, Dragon of the Two Flames and Haskim Babylonian Magick. Great information in those books!!

I had a conversation with someone about mythology and somehow we ended up talking about ancient sea gods! So your thread came to my mind and I thought to ask how things are going for you so far.

I can understand these difficulties but I’m sure that a ritual in a secluded beach in the Caribbean will be an amazing experience!

I would suggest Hekate. Do some research and I think you will find she is a wise choose.

I think invocation would be best for gods. Dagon would probably be a good choice.
In any case, do the research yourself into how the ancients worshipped and appeased the god you choose.

Does Hecate have any strong association with the ocean ?

Hummmm strange…but it feels like it does, when it shouldnt!

Standing upon the shores of the Mediterranean Sea with a quaint Italian village to my back I stood in my circle with a makeshift staff of bamboo in my hand. It was there I called an ancient name, as foreign to this shore as I am, I called Yam Nahar! The Sea Dragon.

The manifestation came slowly, I spent a large portion of energy getting into the theta gamma synch. I was shy of any ritual tools, no candles, no dagger and the crashing of the ocean waves was my manifestation base.

As I neared the rapture state the sea started to boil, past the break point of the waves in the mist of sea spray a black dragon rose. She was thrashing about her seven heads like the tentacles of the Kracken. A large black body was dome shaped under the surface of the water. I thought I was seeing tentacles at first, but then one rose up and one of the heads of the dragon stared me in the face and hissed.

Yam Nahar never communicated in English with me, her voices were hissing, growls and the splashing of waves. I must admit I was terrified in front of such an ancient sea god, a seven headed dragon. She thrashed and splashed the surface of the ocean with great force and communicated sheer unbridled power to me. Pure creation and destruction were standing in my presence. I made my requests and asked her to come again when I call. I believe she will honor those requests. i dismissed the dragon and immediately the sea calmed, even more so than it had been prior to the ritual. I must say this was a very powerful experience. I almost failed to mention, when I asked her to send me her familiars I looked down in my hand and saw a small version of the dragon in the palm of my hand.

Amazing Experience. Thanks for the recommendation EA.