An odd experience with dogs

So the other night I had an odd experience. I went to bed my normal time around 10 in order to get enough sleep for work.

I was falling asleep when I heard this horn. It was not like a car horn or train horn. It sounded different. Honestly hard to describe what it did sound like. At first I thought I simply was at the edge of unconsciousness and a car horns noise was simply distorted. So I turned around without much thought and try to fall asleep.

Not long latter I was almost asleep when I heard dogs barking. It was more then one in the same spot. At first again thought it was our next stores dog and tried to sleep but it happened again and this time it was in my room. Sounded like three or so big dogs barking very loudly. This time I was not even near sleep when it happened.

The odd thing is, I didn’t feel fear or threatened. I felt calm and relaxed. It was like as if I had a dog and my dog was barking at something normal like a squirrel. But it really brought question marks over my head. Why were there these dogs in my room barking.

To this moment I am still no where near understanding what that was about and if the horn was connected. What do you guys think?

What I was also picking up to help, what I felt they looked like was something like this. But all black. Like a pitch black.

Or more like

3 Likes

This is just a theory but what if they’re Cerberus the hades dogs. Just a thought not sure if it is

3 Likes

Interesting! I had similar experiences but with cats. Dogs are associated with the Goetic duchess Bune.

2 Likes

Especially black dogs, I think.

1 Like

Fascinating :thinking: I never that about Bune. And about Cerberus I mean maybe? But I always saw him as one dog (very very big dog) with three heads.

1 Like

Maybe look into the black dog legends and see if anything in there resonates? :thinking: These spirit dogs are considered messengers or omens.

On searching BALG for"black dog", we have a few posts about this, but this post stood out:

You’re right, Cerebrus is not really a dog but a dog shaped entity and has three heads, but then all heads can bark, so I guess it depends, but you said “dogs” plural and that you sensed multiple presences?

You could also look up the dog as a spirit guide or totem animal.

3 Likes

Thank you and I will. Though it’s interesting that there was more then one. :thinking:

1 Like

Hekate has also a sort of giant black dog called; Tindalos. If my memory is correct.

1 Like

She has two, normally they come as female. They accompany her where she goes.

These dogs didn’t feel like hers though. I met hers before in a dream. These dogs felt more like guard dogs or maybe even hunting dogs. The thing is also I have not worked with Hekate in years and have also since then didn’t feel the desire or need or pull too. These dogs also feel different. Hard to say how.

1 Like