Alternatives to Stagaldr

I have recently studied futhark and Stagaldr, integrating it into my sorcerous practice to great effect. Although I am very happy with the results of stagaldr and rune yoga, I find that the nordic gods aren’t explicitly anti-nomian, and that runes themselves remain an area of ‘grey’ magick.

In ritual I am looking for other cultural explorations of movement to enhance spellwork, motions or symbols that can be attached to meaning and deities of a LHP current. Failing this perhaps avenues to channel dark energy through runes with appropriate antinomian deities.

Nidhoggr?

3 Likes

I was dealing with Celtic runes, which may have one or more that are the same as Norse, but different name intent and effect.
I drew five spirit runes into a pentagram shape, waited a day and inverted it. I do not recommend that, but there is grey magic through runes.
Another would be sending runes to someone of a particular element that they can’t handle based on their natal chart.

1 Like

Well EA Koetting’s books deal with alot of LHP stuff so use your imagination. Demonaltry, Abyssal energies, Voodoo, Mesopotamian. I’m thinking maybe turn the runes upside down, but even this I think would be culturally inappriate for working within the paradigms of systems non- Nordic/Celtic. Perhaps then, find what golden dawn signs I can make us of, OR make up my own sort of chaos yoga.

Basically I was wondering if anybody knew of any motions that are as complete a system as stadhagaldr?

Greer published a Celtic Golden Dawn book which looks good and uses runes in there, and I bet more Norse in nature than the books I have with Celtic Runes, actually one book has them, another references them.
LHP, well, there is the dark fay, there are shades as always, vampiric systems.

1 Like

Ill look into these and continue my practice and research thanks.