Alternatives to burning Inscence in a ritual?

It has got to the point where my Asthma just can’t cope with it and if I burn it, I am ill for days after.
What alternatives can I use that are inviting and work well but without choking me to death? What about essential oils?

2 Likes

EA recommends a manifestation base of moss, wine, and bat’s blood.

Another option would be using no base at all, and switch to astral evocations, using either an astral temple or a scrying device like a black mirror to view the spirit.

1 Like

how on earth do you gets bats blood??? im not about to go kill a bat imma cry

2 Likes

i used incense for the first time n it keep going out like i was being told it wasnt needed

1 Like

Ebay, bats blood ink is a good alternative I believe.

2 Likes

i have no words lol thank you wats it used for

1 Like

All kinds,look on Ebay. A pack of Dragons blood, Bats blood and a feather quil.

1 Like

Thank you. I will look into this.

1 Like

im definatly going to look

1 Like

is incense really necessary? I have done all of my evocations without incense and without going to the astral planes. I have gotten great results with just putting all of my will and emotion into the calling of the spirit.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree and question this. I know a few like it very much but I prefer breathing and I am sure they will understand

I’ve been using Aluminum Foil. I know, it sounds silly, but it works.

1 Like

What do you do with the foil? put blood on it?

I use oil burners for some spirits. The main reason, originally, was because I could get some incense fragrances easier in its “whole” form. For example, I had cedar wood around the house. So instead of waiting for incense to ship, I soaked the wood in olive oil and let the aroma vapors be like an offering to Sitri. To spice it up I would use blood and other things that the particular spirit would like (at least from a old grimoire standpoint). It’s different then smoke but you can see the vapors being manipulated in the right light. I’ve also used scrying to see entities.

1 Like

The Aluminum foil is used in place of a scrying mirror. I don’t know why I suck at scrying on a black mirror so much.
Any offerings I make are separate from that.

1 Like

Thank you