Altar/Sigil question

I’ve done some research on portals/gateways, and based on my findings…wouldn’t an altar or a sigil be considered a portal?

If a sigil is opened then it’s like a line of communication and a “gateway” for that spirits energy. An altar would seem like a portal/gateway as even with the small altar setup I have, I can definitely notice an energy/vibe at the altar, and in turn my room (where the altar is located) feels different.

Yes.

An altar becomes a nexion for the powers it is consecrated to. An open seal is the same. That is why in Works of Darkness, EA Koetting recommends beginners not have more than three seals open at the same time lest the Powers run amok.

2 Likes

That’s right. These are Seals!

Al.

1 Like

would this be considered the right way to set up an altar??

1 Like

there is no right or wrong find whats best for you and apply that experiment a little if need be

2 Likes

can the circle be broken by having furnishers overlapping the circle??

1 Like

you mean for the sigil? i believe thats fine mostly intention and true effort that counts the most

1 Like

or if you meant that rope around the altar space in my opinion you dont even need that the enities decide the square area of the sacred space during your rituals

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much for answering my questions.

1 Like

no problem if you have any other questions feel free to dm me