Alright, I need some help/tips concerning relaxing my body and my muscles

Ok, so I have been trying to astral project for a long time now, but there is a big problem. Whenever I try and relax my body and muscles, just when I am about to hit that complete relaxation, my muscles in my leg spasm, and sometimes different parts of my body.

And by spasm, I mean that they literally hop into the air for no reason and it disrupts my progress. Also, don’t suggest muscle relaxers because I am not able to buy stuff like that. Any tips and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ulunas Asmoday

It’s not uncommon during both shamanic journeying and meditation, take a look at this:

Try tensing up as many muscles as you can before consciously releaxing, and also make sure you’re okay for electrolytes, low-level deficiencies can sometimes make this worse.

And just keep going… that’s all I can think of right now.

1 Like

I always tense up my muscles for a few seconds then just let go, but even when I do that I still get spasms. I will look at those links though, thanks Lady Eva. Gives Internet Hug

1 Like

I just read the second article and I realised I probably have a block in thee spasming area’s of my body (specifically my legs).

Would visualisation help get rid of these blocks do you suppose?

1 Like

Possibly, you could visualise energy cycling through them, or project your awareness INTO the nerves and energy channels, it may feel a bit like being inside a big glass human, like a sort of Statue Of Liberty figure, then see what images or symbolic shapes you can see.

2 Likes

You could try, after some progressive relaxation, Robert Bruce’s technique of “bouncing” energy through your body. It takes some bodily awareness, but feel a wave of energy move up your body, and then back down. Do this multiple. It helps deepen relaxation as well as smoothing out any blockages to the flow. The key is focusing on the feeling of the movement, rather than any sort of visual.

2 Likes

I used to do that actually, then I stopped. I guess ima gonna take that technique up again. Because now that I think about it, I never had the spasms when I did the “bouncing” technique daily.

1 Like