Aiding My Friend Who Is Desperate

Over my winter break from college my best friend really began to show an interest in what I was doing magick wise. I had (and still do) gone back to the basics to build a better bedrock basis for my magickal practice so I was teaching him some basics: Theta Gama Sync, Sigil Magick, Water Spells, Candle Representation etc. From the very beginning I told him that he does not have to do this and can stop doing it whenever he wished, but he showed interested and began to try and go forward with it. I put an emphasis on try.

One thing that he does not seem able to do is to release his worries and doubts/get the thoughts of his ritual and spells out of his consciouss so that they can be worked on by the subconsciouss. He also, I suspect, despite what I have told and explained to him, is expecting next day results or for what he wants to materalize in front of him. He consistently tells, or rather told, me of what he is doing and is always hoping for this instant result or, in his own words “This will get me laid, right?” “This will get me tons of money, right?”. I keep trying to tell him that it is not so black and white, that these take time, energy, and work on our part but he cannot seem to get it.

It is this odd situation where he goes through the motions and WANTS to trust what we do but he is too fixated on instant gratification and is not willing to put time into this. Ironically enough, when I began to get him into this stuff after he showed interest he met a good friends who is into Wicca-oriented magick and he now rents an apartment with him. Essentially, he now lives around this and I also talk to him about it.

This is not such a big issue on the surface - he does not seem cut out for this and this just isn’t for him, no need for him to keep trying - but I have noticed that with what he DOES try to do he has been consistently getting the opposite. Not only are his attempts at magick not working, they are backfiring. It is at the point where he was kicked out of the house he was staying at and was sleeping on couches for a few weeks while looing for jobs. He is still very angry and is just losing hope over all of this.

I want to help him, I really do, so I am curious as to what I can do on my end magick-wise. I am already doing what I can with talking to him, giving him advice, listening, hanging out with him when I can etc. but I will take what I can to aid him.
On top of that, when I had my consultation with EA he mentioned a demon I could work with that could very much help my friend, but I do not remember the name. I know it began with a R, but I don’t remember anything else. Can any of you help me with this?

Thanks so much; I just want to help my friend out of the shithole he is in.

It’s hard to know what to say, because it’s evidently something in his personality, the only thing I can maybe help with is this link, to a huge PDF of demons, sorted alphabetically - if the one you were told about isn’t there, it may be from one of E.A.'s grimoires: Enormous list of demons.

I guess you could teach him core shamanic trance journeying, that’s an “in the moment” experience and he might be able to get himself a spirit guide or two who’ll help - I’ll PM you some info.

[quote=“LycanthropicWerewolf, post:1, topic:7265”]Over my winter break from college my best friend really began to show an interest in what I was doing magick wise. I had (and still do) gone back to the basics to build a better bedrock basis for my magickal practice so I was teaching him some basics: Theta Gama Sync, Sigil Magick, Water Spells, Candle Representation etc. From the very beginning I told him that he does not have to do this and can stop doing it whenever he wished, but he showed interested and began to try and go forward with it. I put an emphasis on try.

One thing that he does not seem able to do is to release his worries and doubts/get the thoughts of his ritual and spells out of his consciouss so that they can be worked on by the subconsciouss. He also, I suspect, despite what I have told and explained to him, is expecting next day results or for what he wants to materalize in front of him. He consistently tells, or rather told, me of what he is doing and is always hoping for this instant result or, in his own words “This will get me laid, right?” “This will get me tons of money, right?”. I keep trying to tell him that it is not so black and white, that these take time, energy, and work on our part but he cannot seem to get it.

It is this odd situation where he goes through the motions and WANTS to trust what we do but he is too fixated on instant gratification and is not willing to put time into this. Ironically enough, when I began to get him into this stuff after he showed interest he met a good friends who is into Wicca-oriented magick and he now rents an apartment with him. Essentially, he now lives around this and I also talk to him about it.

This is not such a big issue on the surface - he does not seem cut out for this and this just isn’t for him, no need for him to keep trying - but I have noticed that with what he DOES try to do he has been consistently getting the opposite. Not only are his attempts at magick not working, they are backfiring. It is at the point where he was kicked out of the house he was staying at and was sleeping on couches for a few weeks while looing for jobs. He is still very angry and is just losing hope over all of this.

I want to help him, I really do, so I am curious as to what I can do on my end magick-wise. I am already doing what I can with talking to him, giving him advice, listening, hanging out with him when I can etc. but I will take what I can to aid him.
On top of that, when I had my consultation with EA he mentioned a demon I could work with that could very much help my friend, but I do not remember the name. I know it began with a R, but I don’t remember anything else. Can any of you help me with this?

Thanks so much; I just want to help my friend out of the shithole he is in.[/quote]

It seems to me that the universal forces can care less about what we need, let alone what we want.
They will teach us what we need to know one way or the other. Tell him he will have to not worry about getting laid or rich for a decade he will understand how they think a bit.

[quote=“LycanthropicWerewolf, post:1, topic:7265”]Over my winter break from college my best friend really began to show an interest in what I was doing magick wise. I had (and still do) gone back to the basics to build a better bedrock basis for my magickal practice so I was teaching him some basics: Theta Gama Sync, Sigil Magick, Water Spells, Candle Representation etc. From the very beginning I told him that he does not have to do this and can stop doing it whenever he wished, but he showed interested and began to try and go forward with it. I put an emphasis on try.

Thanks so much; I just want to help my friend out of the shithole he is in.[/quote]

Rahm or Rohm ring a bell?
Ronove? I am thinking Ronove is who you are looking for.
Raums office is to steal treasure from kings and destroy cities and dignities of men. Also to tell past present and future, and to reconcile friends and foes.

Whereas Ronoves office is to teach the art of rhetpric, give good servents, knowledge of tongues, and favours with friend and foe.

If you are referring to one of the ones Kowtting wrote about, I cannot help you as my laptop mysteriously lost all data last year with no recovery soy complete collection of his books exist no more.

He’s gota slow his inner clock down and learn to realize broad scales. His clock speed is too clingy and reactive to achieve proper realization. Sounds like a guilt issue.