"Aftershocks" - Why Ghost Adventures is doing it "wrong"

I’ve been watching Ghost Adventures for years, mostly because of their thorough investigations of the history of their locations before they get “locked up” and investigating the paranormal events of the area. The first half of the show is well made and fascinating for historyjunkies, like myself.

The second half of the show is disappointing, to say the least. After 10+ years of this show, they have a bias, dogmatic view of spirits and gets easily frightened of the smallest things.

In this particular episode, Zac Bagans try to talk to a 16 year old girl that’s fascinated by the Magnolia Hotel. Despite that her knowledge and experiences seems more genuine and real, than Bagan’s experiences, he tries to talk her out of her “obsession” of that haunted house.

After so many years, why haven’t the “Ghost Adventures Crew” learnt anything of how spirits and demons work? Where is the real unbiased investigators, that actually practice magic?

! No longer available

See for yourself.

They are showmen and I have a sneaky suspicion that they’re magicians too. Why would someone reveal the secret to their act when it makes them money? In circumstances like this if they’re magicians it would be wise to keep your secret safeguarded. Regardless of their biased views they take part in rituals pretty regularly in their “investigations”. In my opinion the proclivities they have is determined by the viewers of their target audience. This is what makes for good t.v. Also there is a reason why it’s called entertainment and the evidence that these shows produce shouldn’t be taken as facticity because the devices they use can be manipulated and coaxed into giving the answers they want to hear.

I owned an Ovilus X when I was into the paranormal thing a few years back. Behind all of it’s bells and whistles I found out that you can add and remove words from it’s dictionary. All one has to do before an investigation is remove all the words in it’s dictionary and add words that pertain to the place that’s being investigated. Does it become evidence when it says the name of the individual who died during an investigation when this name is the only word in the Ovilus’ dictionary?

I’m not saying this is what they do but anyone can replicate the results they get by being a good showman and understanding how the equipment truly works.

Because it’s a tv show, they most likely are not in it to do anything with ghosts but to make money. I have talked to two people who have worked inside parnormal tv shows, one recently was Jim Sherman who has worked on finding bigfoot as I accompanied him on a bigfoot hunt in august. He said that the people who make the show hadn’t any interest in actually doing anything with bigfoot, they just wanted to make an entertaining tv show. What they didn’t show on tv was that the place was cluttered with so much crew and equipment any bigfeet that actually happened to be around probably would’ve been like “fuck this noise, I’m waiting for you jokers to go away before I do anything.”

Another is Ryan Skinner who was inside the skinwalker ranch episode of conspiracy theory. One thing he told me happened that did not make it on the show was that Tyrel Ventura got buzzed by an orb entity and it freaked the shit out of him. Prior to this experience Tyrel didn’t believe in any of that, he just wanted to make money and a tv show. But they wouldn’t let him say anything about it on the program because it was deemed “too controversial”

So when you see shows like this, you have to take the motives of the people making it with a grain of salt because most of the time they don’t seem to really care about what they are “investigating”

2 Likes

I have enough paranormal stuff going on in my room.Why watch it when you can live it,and besides its tv its always about the bottom line period.

Well at least Ghost Adventures tries to look more realistic, the show Ghost Hunters doesn’t even try. Someone could pass gas on that show and they all jump back and say “Gasp, what was that? I just heard a ghost moan!” they don’t even try to make it look real, they just walk around for hours listening to noises. I used to like Paranormal State too but I spoke to someone on facebook that used to film for that show and he said they used special FX and eerie music to make you think stuff was happening. He said Ryan Buell started out with genuine intentions but soon enough A&E wanted ratings increases and thrill factor not actual hard evidence that ghosts existed. And they threatened to cancel the show at one point but the crew agreed to do what was asked of them to keep it going, I guess money will persuade anybody.

He told me what to google and I found articles from a family that was featured on that show back in 08-09 or there abouts. They said they asked the crew to stop filming and not come back because they were afraid their house wouldn’t sell if shown on Tv as haunted. The family said they told the crew not to ever come back because they overheard Ryan telling Chip Coffee all the details about the case outside before he entered the house so they knew then that it was all faked, he was not a real psychic. They said instead of telling the truth why filming was cancelled for that episode (that no one was allowed back to that house because of being caught) Ryan lied on camera and said the family told him to come back alone with no cameras which is why he had to cut footage out and he made up a story about helping the family and reported back with fake details of how it was resolved when really he never went back as per the families wishes.

The family noticed this when they saw the episode air on Tv and also noticed the original footage they got before the crew was asked to never come back, the family gave them permission to air that footage but when they watched that episode they noticed a bunch of special Fx in the form of manipulation and content that was added in that they said never even happened. Later on the same info surfaced again when Kirby one of their former crew members came forward to say the family was telling the truth and they were not the only ones whose cases had extra stuff added in that never happened, and also that Chip was not a real psychic and Ryan did run and tell him every detail about each supposed haunting before he arrived. So Kirby quit when he learned the truth and A&E forced him to state he was only leaving because he needed to be back with his family and the crew had differences in opinion. They threatened to sue him if he stated on camera why he was really leaving.

If this is all true I’d be willing to bet that Ryan’s pancreatic cancer may have been a gift from a spirit pissed off at their scams, or maybe a magician watching the show did this to him as payback for being misleading? You can google all this and see for yourself but the guy I talk to on facebook said Darcy left the show on her own several seasons back because she is an actual wiccan that part was not faked and she realized what was going on so she could not in good faith stay on the show, but her white lighter tendancies kept her from being vengeful so she just left and kept her mouth shut so as not to start any fights with anyone.

1 Like

We have stuff like that in the UK, really they’re never going to hire real magicians who can EVOKE demons and spirits of the dead, not just pretend to be scared by them etc…

Jerks who milk the knowledge every living human has, deep down, that there’s more to life than “nature’s way of keeping meat fresh” (Dr Who quote).

they really piss me off more than excite me, and i can only watch about 1/2 a show before bailing most the time. he starts spouting ‘evil and demonic’ this or that. Real Demonic issues, (from my experiance) for an intelligent practitooner does not come with the deliniation of ‘Evil vs. Good’.
they do have some good tech, but the showman bullshit has to go.
Also- they talk to spirits as if they are still there. Sorry, as a person with several Past life memories, guess who could not go to the last place he was alive and pick up any signal at all ? So in my opinion, they ‘will’ any spirit to come and move shit or whatever- meaning whatever they get is not what they think. and wow, a voice comes through the spirit box and says his name- wow; as if any spirit cannot figure it out and say it; which does not mean it is the long dead guy they want it to be.
I dream for the day when EA has his own Real" events show.
why don’t they interview a Demonolater and have him/her say- Belial or Azazel is posessing me right now- look my head is not doing 360’s"
sheesh

[quote=“succupedia, post:1, topic:6502”]I’ve been watching Ghost Adventures for years, mostly because of their thorough investigations of the history of their locations before they get “locked up” and investigating the paranormal events of the area. The first half of the show is well made and fascinating for historyjunkies, like myself.

The second half of the show is disappointing, to say the least. After 10+ years of this show, they have a bias, dogmatic view of spirits and gets easily frightened of the smallest things.

In this particular episode, Zac Bagans try to talk to a 16 year old girl that’s fascinated by the Magnolia Hotel. Despite that her knowledge and experiences seems more genuine and real, than Bagan’s experiences, he tries to talk her out of her “obsession” of that haunted house.

After so many years, why haven’t the “Ghost Adventures Crew” learnt anything of how spirits and demons work? Where is the real unbiased investigators, that actually practice magic?

! No longer available

See for yourself.[/quote]

I don’t think the equipment they use proves anything. I used to fuck with the spirit box for hours and I found if I repeated the same question over and over, eventually I’d get the answer I was looking for. Was this a result of some spirit communicating with me or was this me manipulating the device with my mind? I don’t know but the interesting thing about t.v. is with enough time and patience you can get those devices to say anything you want. Throw a little bit of acting in the mix, mute the spirit box while it’s sweeping, overlap the audio from a previous session and ask the same questions and you’ve got some great paranormal evidence for t.v.

Now I’m not saying a magician with some skill couldn’t create some strange anomalies on the equipment used in these shows because I have when I used to mess with this stuff but if we’re going to “prove” anything we have to debunk the equipment first.

One time when I was on a ghost hunt with some people in hawaii I tried focusing a bunch of energy in certain places and their equipment actually showed some activity in the places I was focusing on.

1 Like