Advice for a lefty entering Chaos Magick

The title says it all, but I will elaborate a little. I have practiced some in left hand work. I developed a relationship with lucifer, azazel, and Bune during that time. I stopped practicing and understand this may come across as being a contrarian. However I am sure many have had this happen. I began questioning if any of this is real, in my interactions it did feel very powerful but I told myself it was deep meditation. Now another lense we can look at in is I got impatient with results. I understand this is why we practice you have to work to pass into an alternate world.

I find myself in a juncture in life and reflecting on my times practicing and some of the positives in that. I feel like regardless of questioning it I had a sense of higher power which across the board is important in being happy. In AA that is the second step for a reason, in many practices it is essential. Chaos Magick makes sense to me in terms of being effective. With some small concept of doing rituals where should I start.

Tl;Dr What advice would you give a novice left path person in starting chaos magick.

Welcome @JD123 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in maigck, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

I forgot about that before posting this, I lost my old account username and password. My apologies I have posted my intro, thanks.

Could you describe your previous magickal workings? It sounds like ritual invocation or evocation, but a little more detail wouldn’t hurt.
What objectives did you have, in practice? Some overall end goal?
Have you read much Chaos material, previously? If so, were there any titles that stood out to you? Or particular concepts?

The prime thing with chaos magick is that nothing is true and everything is permitted. It is based around what works and efficiency. Casting aside tradition when tradition does not serve a purpose and breaking it down to raw technique and skill that works whether that be by faith, belief, techniques, spells, or actions that affect reality. It is compatible with all magical paths and it is really just a build your own path type of system.

1 Like

Thank you that is a great breakdown of it all. I think that is kind if what I gathered it is more a baseline no frills versatile path that focuses just on raw skill.