Actually been here for a long time - Introduction

Hello, LeftHandedMagus here. Its been a while since I have been in these forums, but I decided to come back. I had a different username in the past, but I accidentally Doxxed myself awhile back, so I stopped associating myself with that name. I am not very good at introductions, so I will leave it at that. I have a path-working I have planned for this summer that I would like to discuss with fellow magicians, which is why I dragged myself back to these forums. Hope to talk to you soon!

Welcome @LeftHandedMagus As you say you have been here before, then you know an introduction requires some information about your experience in maigck.

What do you practice and how long have you practiced it?

What systems and traditions do you have experience in?

2 Likes

A new magus, welcome

Welcome back!

@DarkestKnight & everyone else, to continue my intro:
I practice ceremonial magick. My psychic sight and hearing aren’t very strong, but I have always have had a strong sense for feeling spiritual presences. I have had some really amazing results with rituals, I just wish I could communicate better. I believe the deamons I work with communicate to me through signs and synchronicity in both dreams and in reality.

I plan on doing a shamanistic path-working with the spirit of the psilicobilin mushroom, using high doses to guide me in my working. I have always been a fan of Terence McKenna and more recently Kilindi Iyi.(Kilindi lyi talks about using heroic doses of 30+grams. You can find out more about him here: http://babakilindi.com/ or on youtube. I am in need something that will shock myself and my ego to its core, which mushrooms are good for. They are known to show you what you need to see, not what you want to see.

I have always felt drawn to spirituality, ever since I started doubting Christianity in middle school. I did a ton of crystal healing work in early high school years, I was really good at visualizing energy and directing it threw my hands at the time. If I found this path back than I would probably be light years ahead right now, but instead I found drugs.
It was my second part of high school that I started using any high I could find. That was the start of my 12 years of struggling with addiction. It took many nights in jail and re-evaluating my life before I finally decided I wouldn’t chase substances any more. In 2013 I used kratom to get off oxicodone. Than I had another 5 years of no progress where I wouldn’t do much more than go to 9-5 job while enjoying my kratom buzz. It wasn’t until November of 2018 That I finally had enough. I took a month medical leave half-paid, and went cold turkey on the kratom. Since than, I try to ritualized every need and desire I think of, Getting better result the more I do it. I probably should increase my meditation though.
I would like to type more, But its about bed time for me, So I’ll leave it at that for now.

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience.