According to the greater key of solomon paragraph ''To know the theft"

HELLO! I’m now reading the book “the greater key of solomon” however,I have a big difficult in understanding details about the art in Book one chapter nine beauce my naive language isn’t English
the paragraph as follows
(Chapter IX. Of the Experiment Concerning Things Stolen, And How It Should Be Performed

HOW TO KNOW WHO HAS COMMITTED A THEFT. 2
Take a Sieve and suspend it by a piece of cord wherewith a man has been hung, which should be fastened round the circumference of the rim. Within the rim write with blood in the four divisions thereof the characters given in Figure 4. After this take a basin of brass perfectly clean which thou shalt fill with water from a fountain, and having pronounced these words: DIES MIES YES-CHET BENE DONE FET DONNIMA METEMAUZ, make the sieve spin round with thy left hand, and at the same time turn with thy right hand the water in the basin in a contrary direction, by stirring it with a twig of green laurel. When the water becometh still and the sieve no longer whirls, gaze fixedly into the water, and thou shalt see the form of him who hath committed the theft; and in order that

thou mayest the more easily recognise him, thou shalt mark him in some part of his face with the Magical Sword of Art; for that sign which thou shalt have cut therewith in the water, shall be really found thereafter upon his own person.

THE MANNER OF CAUSING THE SIEVE TO TURN, THAT THOU MAYEST KNOW WHO HAS COMMITTED THE THEFT.

Take a Sieve and stick into the outside of the rim the open points of a pair of scissors, and having rested the rings of the said opened scissors on the thumb-nails of two persons )

Questions: what is the actual relation between " the Sieve " the cord " the man"
and the hole hex detailed working in free of ambiguity

THANKS A LOT!

Hello @jackad05, please click on the following link to Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum since its a rule around here.

1 Like

I will say don’t stress yourself much, rule it off. Use other easy means to find theft. Or call one of the 72 Goetic Spirits that does that. But for the charms written in that book…you are just gonna sweat for nothing.

There are Pentacles there in the Book that can serve this same purpose.