Academics

Does anyone know of, or have used entities who deal specifically with success in academics, and the bestowing of intelligence? Please post your suggestions.

2 Likes

Hi Darkness! If you’re familiar with the Lemegatron there are several. You don’t specify your area of study, but I’m willing to bet you’ll find one there to suit your purposes- Asmoday would be my likely choice if I was a student… :wink: Z

Thanks, I will definitely consider the goetic spirits. I am just unsure how to approach the situation itself, i.e. should I focus on getting the knowledge itself, influencing teachers, or focusing on workings of success in general.

Micro-managing the various pieces and obsessing over “what if & but when & from where” are NOT necessary in order to get results. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY FOR THE MAGICK TO WORK!

Magick does not work that way - physical labor works that way. The whole point of Magick is to “make it happen” FOR you. Don’t compete with it Let IT do the work. And you will recognize the next logical step because it will show up!

NOW, your job is to get up every day and do what is in front of you to do.
Have esteem in Yourself that you already ARE doing it right. - and the Spirit or Entity assisting you cannot get it wrong!!! Because you have informed him or her clearly & commanded it be done as you described. These Beings are massively intelligent. You do not need to monitor them; nor remind, prod & constantly pester. Just be glad Magick is real. Just be glad Magick works the way it works.

Now go get that degree or certification you’ve decided you want! :wink: Z

The following 3 entities are from Bardon’s PME
Like Zoe, I’ve also come across several in the Goetia and others. It seems there is a wealthy number of spirits who can help the magician in his academic studies, I come across them quite frequently in my studies.

Fig. 361: Atherom (7° Pisces) - brings good luck in all fields of science, success in learning and in any kind of intellectual work. He also helps everybody, either by his direct influence or by the influence of his subordinates, in getting the material he needs for his studies. If the magician wishes it, this intelligence will make him omniscient in any field of science, so that nothing will remain an unrevealed secret to him.

Fig. 362: Porascho (8° Pisces) - This head has a similar range of competence as the foregoing one, with the only difference that he supports man in acquiring his knowledge at school whereas Atherom helps him acquire knowledge by private studies. Porascho therefore can make himself useful in cases of schoolexaminations and courses, should the magician need the assistance of this intelligence for someone who himself is not a magician.

Fig. 279: Hosun (15° Sagittarius) - All kinds of educational methods applied to young and old people originate from the inspiration of this head, who at the same time is the originator of all schools, starting from the oldest schools for prophets, and continuing up to the present time. From Hosun the magician will learn everything concerning the upbringing of children. The magician asking this intelligence for help will be able to pass any school examinations.

2 Likes

Ah, this is great DKM. I did not think of Bardonian spirits. I am not too familiar with his work, can they be evoked just like any other entity? If so, this is perfect for my goals.

Absolutely they can. Here is a link to the pdf. It has all of the sigils in the back of the book. The Practice of Magical Evocation by Franz Bardon

1 Like

Some bardonian magicians(including Franz Bardon himself as he states many times in his books) would say best results would be obtained by completing the first book, Initiation into hermetics or other equivalent training before going on to practice of magical evocation. If you think you are good to go, then go for it! :slight_smile:

Hermetically is the absolute worst path to get into, there is almost no power to be gained from it and it is full of religious dogma. Evoke paralda to help you learn easily

I remember that in Kingdoms of Flame the Grand Spirit Zadkal can bestow upon you familiars that can help you in your studies. He has a lot of knowledge in many fields and sciences.

Yup, no power indeed…except mastery over your mind, and equilibrium. Mastery over the vital life force. Mastery over the building blocks of creation. Mastery over the Akasha. Mastery over projection, higher senses/divination, and eventually evocation. Connection, and communication with your true self. Realization of all wishes, and the devlopment of other magical faculties.

There is no more dogma in bardonian hermetics than in any other occult system, it just follows a RHP current of power.

Yup, no power indeed…except mastery over your mind, and equilibrium. Mastery over the vital life force. Mastery over the building blocks of creation. Mastery over the Akasha. Mastery over projection, higher senses/divination, and eventually evocation. Connection, and communication with your true self. Realization of all wishes, and the devlopment of other magical faculties.

There is no more dogma in bardonian hermetics than in any other occult system, it just follows a RHP current of power.[/quote]

Feeling a little sarcastic today Neeros? :stuck_out_tongue: heh
I’ve found quite a lot of power so far in climbing through the Bardonian system. It’s tough - and it takes a TON of patience and some seriously hard work - but if it wasn’t for the Bardonian system, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Granted, I jump around a little and integrate other systems and methods, but the IIH is the backbone of my practice. I wouldn’t say it’s a weak path. It’s not as “immediate” as some other systems. But the reason why is because you’re more or less expected to master several aspects of your self before you get into the more penetrating and powerful teachings. So from one point of view, yes - it’s not immediate power and may take some people years to master the book. I’ve heard of people taking nearly 20 years to master it. However, if you are willing to take the hermetic route, you’ll end up having more power than many (not all) but many of the fast-track methods.
So - from one sense I can see where Necro’s coming from. But for me personally - having the level of mastery over the self that IIH teaches is something I desire in my own training. It’s definitely not necessary for a powerful status and grand abilities - and it’s not always for everyone. So, again, I think it comes back to personal choice.

DK,

Yeah…a bit…I just noticed what necro said and felt obligated to respond. heh

I totally agree with you, its definitely not the only path, but it is an awesome one.