Abramelin

Recent talk on this forum has piqued my curiosity about the Book of Abramelin, that and it is on sale for my kindle. So I ask you my fellow magicians and Gods in the making. Has anyone worked this system of magic extensively? Anything I should know before I dive in?

Thanks in advance,
Orismen

P.s. I did research and know about Abraham of Worms, and a little of the basics of Abramelin squares. I am looking for personal stories, and any heads up someone might want to give.

I see this system as three different parts- the last part in the sequence (which as you’ll see by the system seems to require the first two parts as prereqs- so it is a bit different than other grimmoires)… but the last part is what one sees referenced and some people go into it directly (that last part being the Squares, Entities, Talismans…) The first part being the preparation for and then the 6months process (either seen as fulltime seclusion for that entire time, or some just as a brief early and late practices… but either way- the affects are intense building up to an overwhelm of the “prior mind”)… after having done that first part (which culminates in the Encounter) the second part is Fully Evoking the Angels and then the Demonic Kings (which give empowerment/access/protection for the third part- the squares, etc.)

I’m not sure if you might have read EA’s WoD or EE either near the back of those books, the “art of devotion” ~evoking of godform (freeform speech, accelerating to glossalia, Rapture…Solidifying and sustaining that Presence… dedication of day (and/or night) to that… seeking to open to (all this preceded by contact with other Entities giving intell to prepare… as well as an info as a part of this prepares to open further- let alone the FullOnEnergyInfusion. -that has some links to this system. (some see the HGA as a concept, or just speak to the air, but if work it as EA’s BALG system, as I just refd, makes it quite something).

In terms of my exper, I haven’t reimmersed in it since seeing it a bit differently recently (as I mention above, in BALG terms), but it did take over my entire functioning for over 4 months… I did the first and the second parts, in aspects… but I have not worked with any of the Squares actually

(my first feeling was that was a workbook-record of the person would followed the first and second parts… while another following those steps would get their own-separate Contacts/Sqs, so initially it didn’t get me, and then later it didn’t connect for me.) -some could read it as a set of steps vs something that each day one does it should begin from that day’s blank-slate… very rapidly one is filled either with boredom/pressure or experiences that don’t fit in the Normal, and then it keeps going. I hope that adds something, luck

Thanks Taokua. I have not gotten that far in EE yet. (stopped at the Demonic Ascent to work with Belial). Thanks for pointing out that there is info about the squares in EE.

I have never done any magic ritual/prep for 4 months, but hey I am down.

Make sure you get the Dehn/Guth version as well, it’s much better and more complete than the Mathers version.

1 Like

And NOT available on Kindle the last I checked. Don’t pay for the Mathers version - sometimes credited to Crowley. It’s in the public domain.

[quote author=Orismen link=topic=1721.msg21868#msg21868 date=1377816153]
Recent talk on this forum has piqued my curiosity about the Book of Abramelin, that and it is on sale for my kindle. So I ask you my fellow magicians and Gods in the making. Has anyone worked this system of magic extensively? Anything I should know before I dive in?

Thanks in advance,
Orismen

P.s. I did research and know about Abraham of Worms, and a little of the basics of Abramelin squares. I am looking for personal stories, and any heads up someone might want to give.
[/quot

There two books about the magical journey and personal experience with Abramelin´s magica system by William Bloom (" The Sacred Magician") and Marcus Katz (“After The Angel”, it is available in kindle) , both available in Amazon .