About Relationship Advice

Not to sound like an ass but I need to make something clear here because I am getting tired of people snapping at me. Please don’t ask me for relationship advice. I realize that subject can be very touchy and personal for some people because of the sensitive nature of relationships, break ups, cheating etc. so I always try to respond very vaguely so as not to offend anyone intentionally but some people are not satisfied with vague answers and they continually ask more questions, fine by me, but when I respond the way they finally want me to they get mad at me and snap at me as if I have crossed a personal boundary line of theirs or something. Subjects like this, no matter how vague and impersonal I try to be to respect the other person’s privacy, the conversation always turns out for the worst.

In the future, I’m just going to ignore all posts about relationships or if anyone PMs me over it I will respectfully decline because I’ve had people on here ask me questions about that kind of stuff without giving me any details to go on (because I understand completely about wanting to keep your privacy and I am not one to pry into another’s personal life on purpose) but then getting mad at me when I respond in the wrong way. But it’s just not logical to give someone no details at all (for privacy reasons) then expect them to know how to answer your question the right way with nothing to go on and when they don’t say what you want them to say, you snap at them as if they were supposed to psychically know all of those details that you did not provide to them.

So please, and I mean this in the most respectful way as possible, don’t ask me anything about relationships from now on including love spells because those fall into that category too. I may be patient but there is only so much I am willing to take and my buttons are getting pushed a little bit too far right now with the way I am getting treated over this relationship stuff.

1 Like

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:6137”]Not to sound like an ass but I need to make something clear here because I am getting tired of people snapping at me. Please don’t ask me for relationship advice. I realize that subject can be very touchy and personal for some people because of the sensitive nature of relationships, break ups, cheating etc. so I always try to respond very vaguely so as not to offend anyone intentionally but some people are not satisfied with vague answers and they continually ask more questions, fine by me, but when I respond the way they finally want me to they get mad at me and snap at me as if I have crossed a personal boundary line of theirs or something. Subjects like this, no matter how vague and impersonal I try to be to respect the other person’s privacy, the conversation always turns out for the worst.

In the future, I’m just going to ignore all posts about relationships or if anyone PMs me over it I will respectfully decline because I’ve had people on here ask me questions about that kind of stuff without giving me any details to go on (because I understand completely about wanting to keep your privacy and I am not one to pry into another’s personal life on purpose) but then getting mad at me when I respond in the wrong way. But it’s just not logical to give someone no details at all (for privacy reasons) then expect them to know how to answer your question the right way with nothing to go on and when they don’t say what you want them to say, you snap at them as if they were supposed to psychically know all of those details that you did not provide to them.

So please, and I mean this in the most respectful way as possible, don’t ask me anything about relationships from now on including love spells because those fall into that category too. I may be patient but there is only so much I am willing to take and my buttons are getting pushed a little bit too far right now with the way I am getting treated over this relationship stuff.[/quote]

Just to check,this also includes non-romantic tarot/rune/whatever readings,right?Because divination mediums do contain at least a fraction of the reader’s thoughts and impressions and such.

And I tend to type a lot of stuff,on this place,and while I try to keep as little on my love life on here as possible,preferring to do the work myself,bother my IRL friends about it,and IF there is ANY magick involved sharing it occasionally,but I also forget what I type a lot.

So,did I ever ask you for relationship advice or something?This is just out of curiosity,btw,I have little memory of what I type on here,that’s why.

No, I don’t think you ever asked me anything like that Arcane.

As for love related tarot, it’s just not interesting to me and it seems like most people want readings done for love related matters (facebook is the worst for that) so I am getting a little tired of doing love based tarot readings. My brain will not allow me to focus on anything it does not find interesting.

I’m single right now by choice so love is also the furthest thing from my mind. My experiences with my ex have me wondering if it would be in my best interest to just stay single for the rest of my life, so I’m not really the best person to be asking these questions to anyway because he has me stuck in a permanent mind state of thinking love is pointless because it causes you to lose all your stuff when you break up and the other person gets greedy over who owns what, and for me it started drama because the newest bitch in my Ex’s life would not stop contacting me to start fights with me (she doesn’t even know me) she just wanted to argue with me because I broke up with my hubby but of course he had to lie to her to make her feel special by saying he broke up with me, so it’s not even worth it. So I currently cannot understand why anyone would want to go chasing after love. Like why does everyone feel the need to shack up with a partner? Are hormones and pheromones really that much of a problem for other people that they can’t bear to be alone?

I think some people want to find a partner and love to start a family, have kids, have sex and everything that comes with it.

But there is nothing wrong with being single and self-love is best to have first before you start loving someone else, if you love yourself you don’t have to seek love from others and you don’t have to depend on love from someone else.

I’m also single by choice because I don’t want to deal with relationships and right now I focus on school and my career :slight_smile: