Abermelin books

I was looking at the books of Solomon and in the Amazon reviews it was suggested to read the different Abermelin books as a start.

Is anyone familiar with needing to read prerequisite books before reading ’
“The Lesser Keys of Solomon”?

No. However, I think the Books of Solomon are a horrible place to start. Generally those that start there start from a place of fear and sometimes take years before they perform their first ritual.

4 Likes

I was curious about the best place to start. I have some Gallery of Magick books, EA Koetting books and even have NAP.

No, you do not need to read the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage before reading the Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon. Each is a self contained system.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am trying to figure out where to start.

For practical magick, start with the Gallery of Magick books that you said you have. Their system is simple, direct, and a good place to get your feet wet with using magick in your life. Then, if you want to get more into ceremonial ritual, EA Koetting’s books, like Works of Darkness and Evoking Eternity, are a good next step.

1 Like

Theyre all good places to start. Give a system a try and stick with it for a month or two, one you resonate with. Hopping around books as a beginner can work BUT, it’s going to be very hard to determine which book and spells is causing which result.

2 Likes

I first started reading there but I was against his ideas & methods from the start since I loved demons & all other spirits & hated to torture them to obey me & using ‘gods’ words. I do not suggest to start there unless you are RHP but I still don’t suggest to start there.

2 Likes

For some reason the two books you mentioned by EA Koetting are the ones I keep being drawn too. I have no idea why though.

1 Like

21st Century Mage: Bring the Divine Down to Earth by Jason Augustus Newcomb - Weiser Books.

Al.

4 Likes

That Jason guy he writes excellent books.

1 Like

Just throwing it out there, two other books heavily involving the HGA ritual other than abermelin are…

Holy Daimon and Black Abbot · White Magic both by Frater Archer and published by Scarlet Imprint. ^^

These books, iirc give a much more modern take on the ritual. Give’em a read, especially Holy Daimon.

2 Likes

Do you think you can take any ritual and make it simple?

If your goal is HGA magick, GoM is probably releasing such a book in the coming months which I’m sure will simplify it. However, they’ve said in the past rituals from one of their other books is good preparation for it. I have a feeling it’s going to be a grueling task like their enochian book is.

2 Likes

Oh shit, thats awesome! I cant wait to read it. makes mental note GoM is amazing and has yet to disappoint.

1 Like

I’m trying to keep rituals simple if I can, so I can do them. If there is alot involved I tend to lose focus. Trying to find herbs and different tools to use can be a challenge. I am still trying to find a chalice and dagger for an alter on Amazon. Lol

1 Like

The Abramelin Operation is already simple. It’s just purification and prayer/invocation three times a day. There’s really no magick simpler than that. It just takes a long time to get to the end result.

1 Like

I know some stuff I have read by EA Koetting, he really gets into it and gets into the process. I have never been able to get that into it where I lose focus on my surroundings. Have you been able to?

I keep trying to see if their are ways to speed up end results. I was working on manifesting things.

I kept trying to find an exact method, more power, speed, force.

I still have not found it yet.

Sometimes all I have to do is say “I want” and I get it or think about it for a second. None of this is consistent though.

That right there is your problem. You aren’t allowing yourself to follow the process. You’re looking for shortcuts, and “more powerful” methods, which don’t exist. You want an easy way, and so are missing the entire point.

The Abramelin Operation is all about surrender. There’s a reason why the act of reaching out to the HGA is often described as reaching out to a lover. You should not be thinking of yourself, but turning all your thoughts towards the other, towards the act of making contact.

Your preoccupation with finding more powerful techniques takes you away from the process, and prevents you from accomplishing anything.

2 Likes

I think it’s because I am worried I will do the actual method wrong, so I automatically try to find another way. I am working on staying focused. I think I have trouble following and allowing the process because I don’t always trust I will do it right or it will work.

That’s just me though and what I need to work on.

1 Like