A weird attack/test?

I had an odd experience a few nights ago while staying with a friend. I was almost asleep when I had the feeling of being suffocated. The thing was like a big soft water balloon on my face & as I struggled to breathe, it got heavier but softer & I breathed it into my mouth. I started to panic & pushed against it. It got even heavier & I forced my fingers through it until I felt it literally burst & then like a fluid or heavy gas ran out & down my arms. The really odd thing was that I felt absolutely no threat from this thing & felt like I was more being tested to see my reaction than anything else.
I’m wondering what you guys make of it or whether anyone else has been similarly tested?

I haven’t had anything exactly like that, but weird stuff happens to me all the time - I figure it’s because I do weird things myself and that opens up kind of portals.

Could well be a test, have you tried doing a reading on it?

I heard many situations like that from my brothers and cousins. Though they had described it differently, the real same thing is that there is that ‘hard to breath’. even I had experienced it many times. Some said they feel like they are being choked. Others said like someone was pushing pillow on their face and some said they saw a bright light and the air feels so thick even acompanied by hardship to move the physical body. I myself had experienced all of this and what I’ve known was that it’s a part of what they call awakening. It’s good that I got much information about it because people here often associate it with the feared phenomenon here where people die during sleep often described struggling to breath.
Don’t know what happened to them but maybe they had choked themselves while in panic. I said it because in my experience, what I did to overcome this many times was calming myself first then holding my breath and breathing back normally again.

I’ll definitely do a reading & see what it turns up

Livestock don’t feel threatened by the farmer.

What you describe is common enough in accounts of sleep paralysis. Could be a case of desperate rationalization, where you latch onto the first reason that explains why you can’t move, no matter how far fetched it is. When I woke up and couldn’t move for the first time, aliens seemed like a perfectly rational explanation in that moment.

Look up the “Old Hag”.

[quote=“janelle, post:1, topic:6908”]I was almost asleep when I had the feeling of being suffocated. The thing was like a big soft water balloon on my face & as I struggled to breathe, it got heavier but softer & I breathed it into my mouth.

I’m wondering what you guys make of it or whether anyone else has been similarly tested?[/quote]

The curious thing is that everyone perceives things differently. The Cusp might absolutely be right about the sleep paralysis.

To me that sounds very close to the time when something was trying to force itself into my vessel without any permission or invitation. Involuntary possession. ‘It felt like something was sat on my chest’ was far from the only symptom, my body was in pain, every muscle was spazming and cramping. However it wasn’t a case of being in bed or asleep, it was also during the day when I was attempting to do chores and function as per normal. Thoughts and memories that weren’t mine, being very irritated and angry. Long story short - I won, but it started the same way as you’re describing it.

However… as a rule - it might be better to look for a medical reason first before you look for a magical one. Make sure you’re healthy, but as Lady Eva suggests - might be wise to do a reading. Good luck.

[quote=“janelle, post:1, topic:6908”]I had an odd experience a few nights ago while staying with a friend. I was almost asleep when I had the feeling of being suffocated. The thing was like a big soft water balloon on my face & as I struggled to breathe, it got heavier but softer & I breathed it into my mouth. I started to panic & pushed against it. It got even heavier & I forced my fingers through it until I felt it literally burst & then like a fluid or heavy gas ran out & down my arms. The really odd thing was that I felt absolutely no threat from this thing & felt like I was more being tested to see my reaction than anything else.
I’m wondering what you guys make of it or whether anyone else has been similarly tested?

That’s called the Night Mare my mother suffers from it. It is a malicious entity that uses the energy given off by your emotions to feed it’s self. Similar to a Incubus or succubus but feeds on different emotions. It was probably trying to squeeze a few drops of fear from you on it’s way to wherever. It usually won’t come back if it didn’t get what it wanted. That is of course if you can count out sleep paralysis or hallucinations. If It comes back try to trap it if you can and bind it to something.[/quote]

my reading suggested it was a show of strength on the behalf of the entity, not a test as I had first thought.

I had similar experiences to yours, but that dark energetic experience wasn’t threatening at all.

Usually that “balloon” textured feeling need a cloth or textile cover on your skin to make it effective and that kind of appearances doesn’t happen in an instance. Sometimes it takes days to appear in physical manifestation. It needs to be “planted” in your mind to comprehend the outcome. There is a reason for the need of cloth or textile fiber to make physical manifestations effective and that is because electricity and energy stores in fiber rich clothes. If you rub a balloon on your hair and touch someone, he/she gets a minor shock from it. Spirits and entities knows that, and that’s why fiber and textile clothes makes it easier to feel their physical energies. It’s possible to feel that on naked skin, but it’s a little bit weaker.

Sometimes spirits and entities test us before they make a choice to stay and engage to help us in our ascension. It is usually in a controlled environment and with precaution to not take it too far. If their intentions is benevolent, they stop in time.