A quick question for those familiar with Norse runes and rituals

My oldest sons martial arts instructor just recently posted this picture on his Facebook page. I need someone whom is familiar with these symbols to tell me what this means.

Thank you for time.

2 Likes

Tiwaz

There is more to all that but I t was really long. So snapped what i thought was relevant. The other part was back story. If you want that I can add it?

5 Likes

So its a brotherhood rite then I’m assuming?

1 Like

Is that paint on their hands or blood? Tyr was the god of war and was often evoked along with odin before battle. He is often used for battle, victory courage etc.

Im going to assume that it’s paint. For health reasons that I’m hoping he would have common sense for.

1 Like

We will go with that. Id assume its a brotherhood right of sorts. I’m not familiar with asatru or odinism outside of general knowledge of the 9 noble virtues, runes and some of the eddas and sagas. I’m not familar with their rituals @anon48079295 or @Dankquanicus may be better suited to answer the ins and outs if they have the time.

2 Likes

The runes on their palms are Teiwaz. It males the ‘T’ sound and often stands for the god Tyr.

Tyr is generally considered to be good and honorable. Some say he lost his right hand in a battle over principals. That’s probably why this group has painted their right hands red.

It looks dark, but I think this ritual might be appropriate for a martial arts instructor. It says, “I’m down with Tyr, god of Bushido for white people.”

4 Likes

Lol, I seem to keep getting sidelined on a daily basis it seems.

1 Like

Me too lmao. 300 books to read for study…3.5 partially in to the second chapter…3k+ posts read on this forum 🤦I’m a nincompoop. Lol

1 Like

I feel ya there. But hey, I see it this way, we wouldn’t be thrown for loops if the spirits didn’t think we could handle it.

1 Like

True. Very true. But i gots lots of fox energy. And they are little sneakers some times that like to have fun and be mischievous. And they know I can be a spastic ADD wingnut. Lol. I’m sure im thw delight of entertainment for the otherworlds sometimes 🤦

1 Like

Right. I take too long to post stuff.

That’s a good breakdown. Tyr is a good guy warrior.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I’m the brunt of dick jokes with King Paimon…yeah.

Imagine getting a blurp in your head of Hagrid saying “You’re a Harry, penis!”

1 Like

Bahahaha :joy: they are just like 13 year old boys :rofl: I thought that was just my imagination. Now I know whom the great puns come from lmao.

I sometimes work with my husband who runs his own remodeling business…while on his job sites ive been accused of being a 13 year old boy mentally :sweat_smile:

1 Like