A question about offerings to Bune that is bothering me

When making an offering(not asking for anything) of candle, orange, dates, incense, rum and so on to Duke Bune.
Do you have to cast a circle and carry it out like an invocation(having a sigil before you and your blood on it) ?

I know it’s best to do what feels right to you, I just don’t want to disrespect an entity unknowingly.

This is how I do mine without a circle…

I usually inscribe the sigil and name on the candle, anoint with cinnamon oil and also add some powdered cinnamon then my blood.
Switch my emotions to thanksgiving. Light the incense and the candle and chant her enn while gazing at her sigil on my altar(no blood on it) and inviting her to come and accept my offerings…
After a while I welcome her like a visitor and have some chat with her and also smoke(marijuana) with her.
After a while when I feel she’s done with the offerings I say “thank you your presence and for accepting the offerings” then move on to the next daily activity.

Pls I want to know if a circle is needed.

2 Likes

It is not necessary. In my personal experience, circles are mostly to help the magician define a “sacred” space and time for the ritual to take place (unless it is meant for protection). It is a tool to help slip into the state of mind to reach out to the spirits. If it does not feel necessary in the moment, it likely is not.

I had an experience with Bune during my break at work last night, as I felt the need to reach out for some advice. No circle cast, just a moment of chanting “Bune” and following the No Tool Evocation technique Lady Eva has posted. A very peaceful moment.

2 Likes

Thanks🙏
I have tried to look for this evocation that you mentioned but couldn’t find it, it’ll be nice if you can share a link.

1 Like

This is the ritual for the most part. It does mention drawing the sigil on pen and using enns, but I “drew” the sigil using visualization instead and chanted the name instead as that seemed appropriate at the time

4 Likes

1 Like