A possible vein for love

Haha. No, that didn’t sound right but folks, love being a heavy topic in magic. Much spoken about, even more shunned with moral than anything only because out of all the most resistant avenues is that of love and lust, that’s the way I see it.

Well folks, let me point out that there is a spirit that might help you and that is the Goddess Ashtaroth. She is powerful and she is benevolent but be wary of her as well for her’s is a power not to be underestimated. Go to her and pray to her. Talk to her and open up to her and see what she may help you with.

And in case you are wondering about me; no I am not swimming in the women water; hell, I still don’t have a relationship but she has been helping me with the crusty parts of myself which isn’t an overnight thing.

your post went from ‘vein for love’ to ‘crusty parts of yourself’ … thanks for the giggle :slight_smile:

eh…thanks I guess. I chose the title, so I walked into it. haha. But she (Ashtaroth) can surprise you and what’s cool about her is that she really works with you, making sure you only deal with what you’re ready for. Again, in my case, I can’t believe the baby steps that I’m taking but I have to be humble. Thanks for reading.

Is this the same entity as Astaroth the demon because he appears as a male when i evoke him and very dark

Yes.

strange

Y’know Guys, I’m thinking your female/goddess Ashteroth is the (original) Ishtar. Sure sounds like her … :wink: Z

I’ve seen some magicians worship this godform as an entity who is both male and female using astaroth for calling on the masculine aspect and astarte for the feminine. Although you may be talking about something completely different here I figured I’d put this in to give another perspective.

Make sense, Kitari - most of the older traditions acknowledge the god & the goddess as being the 2 Aspects of “God”. And our own physiology bears the out in that we all contain both ‘masculine’ & ‘feminine’ elements in our personality, in our emotions and in our psche. Hmmm Come to think of it, in Tarot isn’t the “World” dancer celebrating It’s successful synthesis of both?

You may be talking about the Goddess Astarte. The entity Astaroth is from the Goetia and nothing to do with love.

Some people say that they are the same entity. However, I evoked Astaroth once and his appearance didn’t match that of the goddess.

[quote=“tania, post:10, topic:63”]You may be talking about the Goddess Astarte. The entity Astaroth is from the Goetia and nothing to do with love.

Some people say that they are the same entity. However, I evoked Astaroth once and his appearance didn’t match that of the goddess.[/quote]

I could not agree more.

Wait a minute! Isn’t there a Goddess the “pagans” worshipped in the Old Testament referred to as ASHEROTH? Could this be the mystery goddess being confused with ASTAROTH? The names are awfully close. And if it is Asheroth, I’m pretty sure she’s one & the same as Innana/Ishtar/Astarte. Anybody out there know more about any of these names than I do? I’m only recalling bits 'n pieces of info scattered over the course of past reading material. :wink: Z