A little help and advice

Hey everyone I need a little advise.Nothing really exceptional just I’m new to magick in practice, I say this because I have a concept on how magic works at a higher level. With that said it does me no good to know how the temple should look if I can’t put down the foundation.

I need some techniques to get me started in evocation, divination, or soul travel.
Also which should I start with?

Please keep in mind don’t have a the finances for spending a couple hundred dollars in supplies.

P.S if you can explain a easy way to open sigils and get into theta gamma sync that would be a life saver.

Thanks ~kane

There’s a lot of great information available on this site, and you might find these links useful to begin with:

• our Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also links to some informative YouTube videos, etc.;

• and also a lot of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function.

Give those a try! :slight_smile:

Thank you this will be of a great help.

Tarot is probably what most people go to for divination. Get the Rider Waite deck and throw thebook of meanings. Each card is replete with pictorial symbolism that is meant to be interpreted for the reading. A book of definitions stifles that. Just gaze into the card.
You can do meditations on the cards each night, either every single one or one a night, to discover their meanings to you. But just understand that even then, each card can have radically different meanings in different contexts.
I firmly believe that divination is the basis of any good magical practice. You can do readings on situations before applying magic to discover hidden obstacles, courses of action, likely outcomes, feelings of others, etc. Consistent practice is all that needs to occur. Daily readings will help immensely!

As soon as I can be sure I will be sure to pick up a deck and get thanks for th info Euoi.

I just go to FREE Tarot Readings when I want to do some tarot reading. Works wonders!

Please can someone through more light on the difference between invocation and evocation.

Depends on who you ask. There are no true definitions. Dictionary wise, they are the same thing. But, every magician, his mother, and sister have their own nuances.

I just visited the website you referenced and used the Tarot, I Ching, and the Runes. I like its simplicity but wonder if a “random number generator” type program is generating the readings. That is just a question. Only results and outcomes will demonstrate its level of veracity. But thanks for the tip. I intend to continue to experiment with the site’s tools.

As said, everyone will have their own definitions.

Commonly accepted usage; invocation is bringing a power inside yourself, and evocation is summoning (usually as a spirit of some kind) outside yourself.