A hill you are willing to die on

Oops sorry I missed this response for a day or two

I’d say either practice it on two other people that you think may be well-matched, or attempt love magick on yourself.

To pick a target and bring them closer to you… structure a series of broad, indirect goals which gradually become more specific. Allow plenty of time and give each working room to breathe. Use a variety of systems (petition, ritual, words of power, spare sigils, servitors)… to love yourself, to remove subconscious fears, to heal yourself of negative views around relationships, to make the best parts of yourself shine, to stimulate coincidence so you meet people who have the capacity to lust for or love you. Most importantly, cultivate the mindset that love is something you can give to yourself, and is not reliant on external validation.

Me personally, my main focus these days is using the Law of Assumption, and supplementing that with rituals. That’s because LOA gives me a very specific mindset re: the inevitably of success. Time marches on, the earth spins, things change, nothing is permanent – there is no finality that would make me accept failure. Adding this to the oft-encountered experience many magicians have, of experiencing the successful outcome of a ritual prior to even enacting it, simply because they have consciously aligned with the “timeline” where that thing is theirs… a lot of things contribute to me taking a non-linear view of time. My desire I accept as already mine, because in the vast soup of unrestricted potentiality that we call life, consciousness, reality, or whatever; there is a me who already has the thing that I want. Future having causes past wanting, the same way that present wanting can lead to future having. So I cast rituals knowing the outcome is and has been inevitable, not hoping that the ritual results in the outcome I want.

Soz, went super abstract there with the whole retrocausality and it probably makes very little sense. I’ll write a whole-ass post about it one day.

Also my apologies to OP for taking this off-topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It does make a lot of sense. You’re bridging the gap like anyone between Law of Assumption and Magick, thank you for that, is exactly what I needed.

2 Likes