A hill you are willing to die on

As a practitioner of LHP or RHP or neutral path, what is the most petty reasoning are you willing to cast a spell, summon a spirit, angel or demon for?

And what type of situation would you disdain to magickally deal with ?

I’ll go first.
There was once a guy who dropped my lunchbox in highschool in form 2(age 12) from a second floor. This ruined my food for the day and punctured a box of eggnog. The eggnog also stained a glass door, than I had to clean up.
In my buddhist spiritual cultivation, I chose to forgive him…until three years later, on a free day when I was feeling sentimental and remembered the incident.
I then wailed on him with back to back rituals from gordon winterfields angel of wrath.
After the ritual he never played sports again and seemed empty for a long while after for an unknown reason.

Funnily enough, the type of situation I disdain to deal with are revenge situations. I believe that apathy is the greatest form of disdain. Even when I need to retaliate, I prefer to use physical actions and schemes rather than hocus pocus in the background,
Which Is a completely different from the stance I take on love and manipulation spells.

6 Likes

I’d imagine that for beings who have been around for millennia, who have been called for all kinds of reasons, most of the things we ask them would be very petty. Although I don’t think they see it in the way we would see it.

6 Likes

Apathy can be an immense expression of power. Of course sometimes we do need wreak havoc and lay waste to protect ourselves and those in our life.

Personally I would refrain from magickal workings when it comes to inspire someone to like/love me (if it isn’t for short term business related reasons when I don’t care about the person in question) because I think if I have to “make” someone… I don’t want it in the first place :woman_shrugging:t2:

Everything, really… I mean, magick is a tool, like language or anything else. I don’t see myself on higher ground in the responsibility department only because I COULD not do it for the sake of having other weapons than other people, if you know what I mean. (and other folks would crush you down too, if they could)

7 Likes

I didnt intend for this to be philosophical like that, but Ill add that to my perspective

I feel really drained after every magickal working, so I use magick sparingly, even with all the qigong and breathwork I do I still feel drained afterwards.

2 Likes

I’d say it really depends on what magick you do. Some magick tries to force the situation which I don’t think is a good idea simply because it will likely fail after a while and it can be damaging in a sense in the long run. But some magick brings out love and attraction without effort, because it’s something that isn’t against the other’s will, and the potential for love is there. I think that kind of magick can really be an absolutely wonderful experience and release, for both parties involved.

2 Likes

I TOTALLY get where you are coming from and where all the other people are coming from who are working a lot with love and attraction magick, etc. It is just something deeply personal for me in a sense that I could NEVER look at the person in question without doubting them at the same time and I would never be able to get over the fact that I had to paint a fucking pentagram on the ground with mermaids blood on the 34th. of August to inspire something in them that they could give me with their very own motivation. Because they want to, because I would be enough on my own; this wouldn’t be a release for me but another obstacle. If that makes sense :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Somehow I always end up taking a lenient view of people who have wronged me. I have cast the odd ritual here and there to make someone feel intense regret for treating me poorly, to trap them in a spiral of guilt and self-recrimination. I kinda prefer this in a twisted way, because they can write off negative occurrences in their life (minor car accident, pet running away, all their friends shunning them, losing some money or career prestige, etc.) as “bad luck”, but when they torture and punish themselves mentally over me, well, how can they attribute that to any outside force?

Not gonna lie, I have definitely fantasised about doing some fucked up shit to make someone suffer tangibly, regardless of the collateral damage, but at the end of the day my nature always falls on the side of… if not mercy, then I suppose pity. I don’t like the idea of killing or maiming or causing devastating illness to another human.

Love magick I find fascinating in general. Personally I don’t believe you can make something out of nothing, however, you can find the smallest sliver and expand on it. I tend to think of love magick as not necessarily relying on compulsion, although that can be an element; compulsion itself fascinates me as an art and practice of great skill and subtlety. It’s something I would like to explore more of.

That said… the most petty reason I have cast a spell is to work for someone’s side business to fail, because it inconvenienced me personally. :grimacing:

10 Likes

i guess i dont see love magick like you do, how do I see it in your way exactly?

2 Likes

I’m confused. In English the idiom, “hill you are willing to die on” is always something very important and usually involves principles you would actually die for. But then you ask for the pettiest cause for doing a working?
These are never going to be the hills anyone would die on.

I don’t do revenge, I think it displays weakness, and I don’t really care about the little things.
I remove obstacles and manifest energies that improve my life and the life of my friends. I’ll do little workings for that, because I can.

By the way, love spells can be the most baneful thing you can do to a person, causing lifelong pain, depending on the situation, I wouldn’t take those lightly.

7 Likes

It is all business needs. I don’t have a hill to die on.

I’m a pretty petty person to begin with. However in this case the answer is everything. Magick is like air, I cant function if I dont breathe.

Love spells. I find love spells to be the scourge of magick. However if its love spells directed at the self then they are wonderful and empowering. When a person learns to truly love themselves and their bodies they gain the confidence to be loved but that’s just my two cents.

Cheers!
Duchess

5 Likes

I’m from the Caribbean and our english isn’t exactly proper but feel free to correct my logic if I am wrong.

The use of “hill you are willing to die on” and me asking for the pettiest thing,
is an example of irony or hyperbole, both are valid literary devices, yes?

The purpose of my thread was for me to understand what was the most petty, weakest reason, you LHP , the RHP and my fellow neutral path practitioners, would be willing to launch a genuinely destructive attack on someone else or a counter productive spell that would negatively affect them a little.
I want to know what seemingly weak reason is your reverse scale. A pet peeve you’d lose your shit over. A point of principle you’d defend.
example from me: A guy cussed at me mum in an original rap song he made up. Although it was all in good fun ,My mother had several miscarriages trying to birth me and he mocked that. I dont take those type of insults lightly.
I was mad enough, to cast bodily harm onto him, thankfully I was still bad at magick back then, so only a simple fall and bruise, but I swear I would have killed him(he is a friend) if i could get away with it back then.
That friend was in a group competition that meant a lot to my academic success, but I would have gladly chosen to flop in those moments of anger, just because of his light hearted insult.
Me and the guy are still good friends btw, Im glad nothing too crazy happened

3 Likes

Love spells directed at the self…I didnt entertain that thought beofre thank you

1 Like

I’m having a hard time putting thoughts together cohesively at the moment but I’ll do my best to explain.

I don’t believe in making something from nothing when it comes to love magick. Which is why there has to be something there to begin with. If the target doesn’t have any kind of romantic or physical attraction to the caster, then it’s likely that a single love spell is going to fall completely flat, as magic tends to follow the path of least resistance. If there nothing there to build on and excite into genuine love, then the exercise is all but pointless.

If there is lust, attraction, even passing interest; the odds shift slightly. The challenge then is to skilfully and with great precision manipulate odds in your favour so that tiny spark has a chance to become a brighter flame. Even enmity has a chance of being manipulated into love. But to go from indifference to “I would die for you” is not an overnight change. It’s not out of the realm of possibility by any means, but it relies on a hundred different shifting variables coming into perfect alignment. And this kind of love I’m talking about, romantic love, is a two-way street. Some people do aim to go from indifference or disinterest to this level of “I’d die for you” love, but that tends to target the outcome not of love, but of obsession.

So, I believe it would require much more skill and subtlety to turn a stranger seen from afar into a spouse than it would to open an existing channel between two people, no matter how tenuous or combative the emotional connection, to let them see the best in each other, and to excite those hormones and pheromones and thoughts to just the right level that love and commitment becomes likely. You can guide it, shape it, cajole it, nurture it, but you cannot compel love — only obsession, which can be dangerous; or slavery, which would quickly become tiresome and repulsive, as the qualities of the person you thought worthy of your love spell become subsumed by a slavish desire to please you at any cost to themselves.

True unconditional love is not something I think can be compelled. It must be organic, but the circumstances have to line up precisely to birth that possibility, and from there it can be nudged in the right direction.

The reason I don’t think of love magick as compulsion necessarily is because any compelling force is extremely likely to negate the two-way aspect of “true” romantic love, as above. Either it becomes obsessive or abusive as the other seeks to absorb and possess you entirely, or it becomes hollow and meaningless as they negate all aspects of themsleves to fit into the mould you provide them.

Also, whether it can be said to fit into the above mindframe or not, I generally operate under the paradigm that creation is finished, time is simultaneous, and we live in an ever-changing soup of potentiality which shifts based on the operant power’s attention. Something akin to multisolipsism and the many-worlds theory, or something. In this timeline I cast a love spell which works; but there are uncounted other timelines where it doesn’t work out. Since each of us exists in this superimposed state, am I compelling someone else against their will? Or am I simply consciously selecting the timeline where circumstances managed to align perfectly so that love is possible?

Hopefully at least a sliver of that made some sense

2 Likes

True unconditional love can’t be compelled, but I don’t for a different reason most people do. I think it doesn’t even exist. At least I haven’t seen the evidence for it.

So here’s what I have to think about that. Interesting, but how can I experiment with and get better at love magick? pick a target and bring them closer to me? or something else I don’t know?

hey, new here but ill give my input. the most petty reason I would curse someone, is honestly just because I can. Will you stop washing your hands or using hand sanitizer because it kills 99.9% of germs? Do you watch your every step so an ant doesn’t get crushed beneath your boot? Now im not going around just blasting baneful magick at whichever way they wind blows. To be a god would imply that you really just effect things more like a force of nature rather than as a small considerate being. Storm surge simply drowns and takes without need of a target and malicious intent. besides hasn’t everyone slighted or hurt another. hasn’t everyone been evil or malicious, so you can technically pick a person at random and on that premise alone curse them and they will have deserved it. if you curse only those you who have hurt you are you only being selfish? if you hurt those who haven’t but you know have hurt others are you being righteous? Is it personal knowledge of what someone has done that deems them worthy of a heavy curse, what if you had knowledge of everyone’s deeds? when moving from the pole of white to the pole of black on a scale, where does black end and where does it start, same for white. my list of individuals, who I will solely be the arbiter of their fates, has a great varying differences in why each one will be brought to their demise by baneful magick. my list aside I myself don’t curse random. the same reason one don’t use it on random people is the same reason one can use it on random people indiscriminately, simply that they are beneath the notice of an ascending God. While I didn’t answer the question, I decided to add something akin to a philosophical perspective from the view point of LHP aspiring gods and goddesses through black magick.

let me add to directly answer your question, I may have not cursed one yet, but my petty reason would be simply because I need experimental targets.