A dream about Loki

So, I had a dream where Loki owned a business. Basically, other gods would be doing their own thing, but Christians would bother them. So, they’d pay Loki to get them off their backs. He wasn’t an assassin, more like a sabatuer.

I wasn’t a part of his business, but for some reason, I was living with him. Well, more like he was my guardian. I remember his home was this witch like cottage in the middle of a cornfield right outside of Valhalla. You could see Valhalla in the distance. It was a cool scenery btw.

Anyway, while I was under his authority, Loki was kind of a jerk. There was talk about sending me back to middle school. He made me stay up all night drinking. When I said that I needed sleep, he told me to break into a person’s house and sleep there. When the owner got home, she was this woman I saw at the gym (same white outfit, same blond hair). She recognized me for some reason, and seemed to treat my intrusion as if it was a social call.

Later on, I end up in my bed room from back in NJ, and see a bunch of middle schoolers playing around in my room. I tell them to leave, especially one girl who reminded me of my younger cousin. Which is weird because she looked nothing like my cousin, or acted like her.

Any thoughts?

Hey! I know that you posted this a while ago, and maybe you’ve even found some insight into this dream. I would still like to add my two cents though.

Firstly, I would be most honored if Loki visited me! If you haven’t already, set up an altar with some of his preferred offerings and thank him. Ask him what message he was trying to convey to you, if there is something he wants from you, and if he would like to continue to communicate with you. If he does not, you can take down the altar.

You might have already thought to use divination to communicate with him, or even to interpret your dream. A few things that stands out to me is that your very detailed and vivid dream seemed to be not unpleasant for you, just judging from your description. That is a good sign; at least you aren’t on his bad side! :smile: Also, the blonde woman was welcoming (did you find her attractive?) and one of the children in your room reminded you of a cousin, and all the other faces were familiar. This seems like a happy home life with pleasant memories. So, either you have this now or will in the future, or this is something you wish you had. He may be enticing you with it if the latter is the case.

Can you remember any major event that happened during your middle school years? This might be the key. This was the central point of your dream it seems, first being threatened with being sent back there, then arriving home to find all those familiar faces from that time. There could be some unresolved issue from that time which is affecting your life today. How is your relationship with the cousin who appeared in the dream? You also tell the children to leave; are you refusing help for something from someone in waking life?

Let me know if you got some answers. I must admit, I am a little jealous that I haven’t met Loki yet!

Actually, I’d say that middle school was a defining point in my life. It set me up to be the person I am today. Both good and bad.

I won’t go into detail, but I have tons of unresolved issues with that time. Heck, for my writing class in community college, we were told to write a piece of creative non-fiction. Lacking in any other ideas, I wrote about an experience in the 8th grade. I remember personifying the mental and emotional changes brought about by puberty as the goddess Astartes. I thought it was a fun idea.

I do have periodic dreams about middle school. Sometimes I’m of the correct age, and am trying to make friends. Sometimes I’m an adult in middle school and am trying to get out.

Sometimes I’m around my old classmates, trying to apologize for past behaviors. Considering that I had to leave behind the kids who I grew up with in highschool, beginning an anguished journey in world full of uncaring strangers, seeing them at all is a welcomed sight, even if the interactions are less than positive.

Unfortunately, the kids in the dream were not them. They were strangers; just kids. That’s why I told them to leave. You might say I’m jealous of my little cousin because she’s entered that part of life. Though another part of me wants to connect. I mean, we are family. However, I only started knowing her three years ago, and even then we have nothing in common. Plus she’s never showed interest anyway.

At the moment, I’m in a community college that has a lot of early college students. Basically teens, and I don’t know who is who. I am so afraid of them, I walked out of a writing group because one girl among us 4 was 15. And I write 18+. So, no thanks. Not might as well be a middle school.

I’ve asked the forum about using Magick to go back in time, or de-age myself, and would still love to do that. I’d love to be a teen again, but because I’m not I don’t want anything to do with them.

So, yes, lots of unresolved stuff, and lack of knowledge on how to solve it.

Loki could be referring to pushing me into a situation to force me to get passed my anxiety. Though I’m not sure what that’d look like. Not too long ago, I brought some poems into the writing group, and was accused of sexism because of that Aphrodite poem. It ended by saying “I will follow Hermes for he is thrice great.”. How that could be considered sexist is beyond me. I feel like every time I open up, I get punished. So, I don’t know what Loki plans on doing or when. But I could use a break from the routine monotony.

I’d be completely fine with whatever he’s proposing if I felt better equipped for the situation. But I’m not. I’m barely equipped for community college. And I’m praying to Odin for his aid in that matter.

I’m really just a complex mess of emotions, thoughts, and feelings with more avenues to express them than sort them out.

Alot of the time I find spirits use pre-existing but less than accurate representations that you have in your memories and your mind to tell you something, especially dreams. Breaking down what everything in your dreams means to you from the setting, to the characters, to the words, and the mythology. I also think thid process makes it easier for them to communicate with you in dream in the future.

You could always evoke Loki and talk to him directly though. That’ll probably straighten things up.

I’m sorry I wasn’t of much help. I probably have a hit and miss record of about 50/50 when it comes to dream interpretation, but ultimately only the dreamer knows what it means.

I am also sorry that you feel punished for expressing yourself. As a woman, it wouldn’t even bother me if it could be considered sexist. Art is art; it is meant to evoke thought and/or emotions. If you care to direct me in finding where your poetry is published, I would be most pleased to read it. And please don’t be troubled by someone else’s criticism (unless you are trying to gain employment from them or something) when you are just being real.

I am also sorry that I couldn’t be of more help in suggestions for magick. I am a complete beginner to it. Folk healing and divination, I should be able to help with. Outside of it, I am a kindergarten pupil.

I never said you’re not much help. I’m just a mess of issues. I’m the only one who can get myself out. It’s all up to me.

I’m not at any point where I can communicate with the gods. But that’s my fault because I procrastinate when it comes to my meditations. Though, I’m trying to remedy that.

And, yeah, I’m of the opinion that, outside of the most extreme, what’s considered bigoted or respectful these days is vague, subjective, and really just weaponized against people’s moral character. Though, that’s not exclusively a modern thing. Expanding a term for the sake of character assassination, or to morally attack someone into submission, is something that’s as old as any human ideology. Though, knowing that kinda curses you cause you don’t know who or what to trust.

As for the poems, I’m not published anywhere, but I’ll see what I can do.