Why is 3:00 AM considered the witching hour?

I have heard you/EA refer to 3:00 am on a few occasions as the witching hour. Why is this? I’ve posted this before on Reddit and what not but instead of stupid comments only one seemed noteworthy and that was to mock the trinity. Being as spirits have no- at least in my mind any perception of the man made theory of time- what makes 3:00 am special. Especially as it differs all throughout the world and if it had anything to do with planet/star alignment I think the same allingments are taking place in different time zones- don’t hold me to that last line. On that same note- many goetias speak of different dates and even times to evoke- why is this? Some are in the broad of day. Thanks- serious responses only please- senseless sh!ttalking gets nobody anywheres

5 Likes

I thought it was because Christ was reputed to have perished on the cross at 3pm. So 3am is the time-zone equivalent of inverting a crucifix and opposing Christianity.

5 Likes

So there is some validity to the response I got on another forum for “mocking the trinity”?

4 Likes

Also why are goetic spirits said to be envoked at certain times of the year and day if 3:00 am is the “best” ritual time?

2 Likes

I always thought it was because everything is quiet at 3 AM. Nobody else is awake so nobody to intrude. I’ve also heard that psychic energies are heightened between 3 and 5 AM.

7 Likes

If only the every one is sleeping part was true- lot of “un-savory” shall we say in my area- fuck it- call it what it is- tweekers everywhere.

2 Likes

Ive never had to wait until certain to invoke or evoke any spirits.

3 Likes

I daylight savings time is in effect, then, from a magickal perspective, 1 AM is midnight and 4 AM is the witching hour.

1 Like

Definitely!

2 Likes

The brain naturally produces melatonin during the night hours of sleep and if I’m not mistaken it produces this hormone around that particular time of the night. So, it’s my assumption that it might be related to this and that there is actually a more practical reason for calling 3:00 AM the “witching hour”.

2 Likes

Most of people sleep at that time, so even if someone who is not interested in magic can feel the difference. Everything is so calm and energies are wonderful for any kind of creative work.
Unfortunately, it’s very hard to afford that kind of luxury if you live inside the matrix.

4 Likes

Because the victim has the least resistance at that hour, is sleeping most likely. Other spells that doesn’t involve the person can be done at any hour, watch the planetary hours tough…

2 Likes

I think EA goes into this in “Works of Darkness” and his love spell videos. Most people are usually fast asleep at this time.

2 Likes

I heard it on the love spell video but don’t recall an explanation. Have to check it out again. I’ll have to check out the works of darkness don’t think I’ve seen that one

1 Like

I tried searching for the works of darkness video and couldn’t find- any chance it’s titled something else?

1 Like

Works of darkness is a book. I work out of it a lot

1 Like

AM I BEING SO ARROGANT AS TO THINK THAT I GOT A YOU TUBE RESPONSE FOR THE MONDAY Q&A??? That is awesome!!! Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Lady Gaga just performed at Coachella, and at the end of her concert, she mentioned the witching hour! It was very close to 4 a.m. DST (3 a.m. EST).

1 Like

It seems as though EA posted a you tube about this- basically debunking the Christ inversion and geared more towards the fact that most things are sleeping at this time and psychic abilities are therefore yields more results

2 Likes

This is correct :blush:

2 Likes