Your Honest view on RHP vs LHP

Easy open to debate and ‘mature’ discussion of the possible alternative logic and physiology of these seemingly opposing paths.

What is your view of one over the other, why or what makes you see it this way, does this view determine the path you take, what is yoru end and ultimate goal?

add and include any thing else if you like

1 Like

I suppose I’d fall more on the left hand path, in so much as I seek to benefit directly from my power. That said, the idea of striving for a ‘final’ goal is an odd one to me. I view magic as a natural part of life and to try and restrict your use of it or treat it as some external force to initiate yourself into is equally strange from my perspective.

1 Like

Walked the RHP, got to stage where Merger was within reach, changed my mind, decided to become a goddess and tidy the world up a bit instead. :o)

There’s more to it, but that’s the short version, and I’ve posted a bit about that progression (so to speak) here:

My RHP Experiences

Theogenesis : Becoming A Living God

“Left-Hand Path,” “Right-Hand Path,” And Definitions

1 Like

RHP I believe is servitude to deity through strick observations of traditional methods of a system and power is granted by the deity. And LHP I believe is removing restrictions and finding the divine and spiritual power within one’s self by having an adversarial viewpoint towards preconceived notions of the divine. Straight path is maintaining balance and knowing that we are all one in the grand scheme of things and are meant to evolve and reach our potential in perpetual growth yet will have to overcome obstacles and competition to do it. That’s my take on it, at least from the modern concept.
I have avoided morality because sometimes the worst things are done in the name of service to some deity and concepts of what is right and wrong moral or immoral are constantly changing because it all exists in the realm of ideas and is more fluid than some things that pre exist in nature and are more solid in the real world such as violence for sustenance etc that exist without mankind’s thoughts about it.

2 Likes

For a time I earnestly stated that I would stay as far away from magic of any sort for fear of corruption. looking back this was a very single minded and stagnate view on the world, as it stunned my own knowledge and growth of anything.

I unintentionally took the path of a solitary artist, rather then deal with or face the possible mental and emotional disruption of others. Sure I interacted with people that I taught this kinda thing, but they were very demanding of me doing things ‘there way’ without considering if I was able or comfortable with it.

This was a RHP group btw, nothing they asked me to do was uncivilized, but it did feel strange to me. Not to mention there reading were so far off and inaccurate.

anyway, my understanding is the LHP was that is was virtually unusable, people lured by the promise and disillusion of power at the cost of others to ultimately destroy themselves.

that was before I came here and started reading more, Today. I don’t see much difference between the two paths really.

I essentially live by my own rules, it partly surprises me when I do my art and people i ‘need’ or if they ‘need’ and I tell them no. The one thing I have found with bot paths is that they seemed to unnecessarily split themselves, or the people do that, and it only seems to farther hinder the goal of evolution or ascension.

but thats only my limited knowledge talking.

1 Like

Well it’s my own path. I don’t see a point in calling it something other than my own. Labels like Satanist or Vampire are just convenient labels when conveying a point.

The ultimate goal for me is to Live Life because I fucking Loove Life soooo much!!! It’s like find out what works for you and move on. Get that guy or girl you want or make the amount of money you desire. Destroy the limitations that place you in the box you were never meant to fit in and quit caring about sides. Because deep down we’re all a bunch of gender fluid freaks:)

The only God who gives a shit about you is you. I indulge in pain, I drink like a fish and fuck cosplay chicks who dig being furries. Life is about having fun…So if you wanna say it’s lhp it’s entirely up to you.

Hail Satan lol

[quote=“AdamThoth, post:4, topic:8704”]RHP I believe is servitude to deity through strick observations of traditional methods of a system and power is granted by the deity. And LHP I believe is removing restrictions and finding the divine and spiritual power within one’s self by having an adversarial viewpoint towards preconceived notions of the divine. Straight path is maintaining balance and knowing that we are all one in the grand scheme of things and are meant to evolve and reach our potential in perpetual growth yet will have to overcome obstacles and competition to do it. That’s my take on it, at least from the modern concept.
I have avoided morality because sometimes the worst things are done in the name of service to some deity and concepts of what is right and wrong moral or immoral are constantly changing because it all exists in the realm of ideas and is more fluid than some things that pre exist in nature and are more solid in the real world such as violence for sustenance etc that exist without mankind’s thoughts about it.[/quote]

^THIS

in regards to morality… there is no morality in True Reality. there is only Truth.

i know for myself that LHP approach through Black Magic is only True approach
IF ONE GOES THROUGH THE PROCESS OF DARK ASCENSION

by that i mean honestly seeking the Truth about the Self/All through methods of Black Magic

and there is a point of Breaching or Merger… in any case, of YOGA where then True adept of LHP becomes a True Vessel of RHP

it is a most desired state, of channeling the Truth of the Ultimate Reality upon this illusion.

i think that through RHP methods (modes of thinking and ritual work) there is a serious distance between practitioner and the the Ultimate Reality

people that believe in any sort of light-fates babble all sorts of nonsense. and they tend to shy away from monstruosity that LHP practitioner lovingly embraces.

and we all do live inside a monster.

still, in any case, RHP or LHP, we are just organisms turning invard.

the point is to go to the other side, to Eternal Death, and understand. Black magician has a far better set of mind-keys to get himself to the right state then any other practitioner of spirituality.

I SEND SILENT HAIL TO ALL AGHORIS AROUND THE WORLD

I started as a child in RHP and moved more and more toward individualist LHP. I find RHP/LHP useful as concepts for understanding methods of achieving trajectories of ascent (perspectives of self development/mastery of consciousness/reality).

I believe that RHP and LHP are both constructs of the interpreting mind that serve the purpose of self definition, maintaining a coherent self identity and a way of understanding and comprehending the transforming self.

In my opinion there are elements of both in each. The subservience in the RHP is sustained by a self determined LHP will. The Isolate ascendancy of LHP necessarily must contrast with it’s environment to have meaning, therefore requiring a partial merger of awareness with other, a clear RHP current.

i know this is bring up a old topic but…

Something has been on mind mind. the concept of morals and ethics. are we, as sorcerer’s above the ideals of such things?

Are we above the law’s of people round us because those hold us back, and if so it is any different from us imposing our own ideals upon others?

Reason i ask is, I recently came across a incident that caused me to question the idea of what is ‘right’ . though what is ‘right’ is a imposed ideal set in by society. Since i was young, for example, I thought poaching was wrong and immoral. I did a strong presentation against it. till I learned that my step father’s gran father had to poach ((fish out of season)) to feed his family.

i caused me to question it the ideal of other laws or concepts of morality

3 Likes

That would fit within my personal ethics, described here - not because poaching is right and all people should always do it, but because of my priority system. JMO!

The ideal sorcerer is above concepts of morality and ethics.

We aren’t ideal are we? We are striving to ‘become’ a living ‘god’. We aren’t quite there yet.

Your example about poaching. Poachers who poach because they love poaching … are fucking assholes. (see , I’m far from ‘ideal’) Your step father’s grand father wasn’t poaching. He was taking a necessary risk to feed his family.

You have your own sense of morality. Follow it when it serves you and those that you love.
You might have to cater to idiotic rule just to ensure your own survival. Pick your battles wisely.

Morality flies out the window when survival comes into play. That’s just the way its always been.

“Morale” of the story:

Trust yourself.

Ra

1 Like

I prefer the concept of values - positive things we strive TOWARDS - as opposed to “ethics” which are restrictive tings that “must never be done” - life works better for me that way.

1 Like