You Are Not An Empath, You Are Just a Human Who Wants To Be Special!

I don’t know why but the title of this thread made me think about people who call themselves “sapiosexual” like it’s an actual sexual orientation. You’re not sapiosexual, you’re just a human who likes people who can hold a pretty decent conversation and read books once in a blue moon :rofl:

Speaking about books and empathy, there’s a really interesting book I read years ago “Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight” by M.E Thomas. Lack of empathy is one of the main characteristics of sociopathy.
So, unless there’s a personnality disorder invovled, we’re all empaths in some ways. Some people have it more developped than other though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my experience those who claim to be empaths are just projecting their emotions from personal experience. Since we all have many of the same reactions to things, paired with unintentional body language, and other subtle cues it isn’t difficult to be accurate much of the time. I hesitate to say they are non-existent because I like to keep my mind open, however I believe they are few and far between if they exist.

1 Like

Then you contradicted yourself. Honestly what was the point of this post? Especially with your wonderful “I don’t give a fuck what you think” mentality. How empathetic of you. Also take a look around the forum. You’ll see a lot of posts of people wanting to wreak pure havoc on someone for being “wronged”, and sometimes it’s as mundane as “waaaaah my ex left me”. Do not say we are all the same.

2 Likes

The original poster has actually afaik left not only this forum, but all kinds of online magickal communities, so since his OP is likely to act as a flashpoint for ill-will, I’m going to close this now, with thanks to all who took part. :+1:

4 Likes