With regards to evocation and invocation....why do some people say its wrong?

There are many methods of evocation and invocation. These methods vary in how they are performed and function and it depends on that authors exposure to various methods and techniques of those skills.

2 Likes

Because demonolators, contrary to what they like to claim, are very much like the followers of any other religion, and think summoning is “offensive” to the beings they worship. It’s an attitude that is really no different than a Muslim who considers any image of their prophet to be blasphemous, or a Christian who thinks it’s wrong to “take Christ’s name in vain.”

They also use a different definition of invocation than the traditional one. What demonolatry authors like S. Connolly call “invocation” is actually a form of evocation, only instead of commanding the demon to appear, you invite it into your space.

8 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I was speaking of S. Connolly to be honest and I do find it reverent though it seems that her opinion on evocation is rather harsh. Thank you again.

The demons themselves have consistently stated that they don’t really care about how they are summoned, only that they are summoned, so my advice is to find the approach that resonates best with you, and disregard anything that doesn’t fit with it.

Several magicians on this forum have reported that some demons have actually demanded that they command them with authority, so the whole “evocation is offensive to demons” shtick doesn’t really hold up to experience. They don’t want magicians to be wishy-washy or timid when evoking; they want you to command with thunder and lightning, and above all, power.

10 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate the help and information.

I originally started with her (Connolly) stuff and kinda.tiptoed.my way around until some of the spirits forced my hand into being more commanding with them. It took a while, to be honest, though I prefer to be respectful.

Then, things like this happen and one needs to get a little forceful.

4 Likes

In my opinion the only people who would think that evocation is wrong, are religious nut-jobs, the people who think invocation is wrong, would be the people who are smart enough to know we shouldn’t be invoking spirits before evoking them first as it’s like taking someone you like and picking them up against their will and shoving them into your house, first you must build a relationship, then that individual can come to your house, you get the gist.

Thanks for your answer. What kind of triangle did you use and how long have you been invoking or evoking spirits? I am relatively new to this and I have this problem with a spirit that has possesed me in the past, and has some control over me, but it looses that control as I grow stronger in what I know. I have tried to come to an agreement where he has to leave in peace and do not harm unto others, or just do a banishing ritual, or something more complicated such as the spirit urn. Since I am relatively knew to the LHP but not new to possession, I can tolerate his insults, pain, but the distractions at the temple in order for me to invoke the Gods, or demons, is frustrating as it often tries to frustrate my ritual to invoke the Gods. Just now I read a a topic or thread with regards to someone summoning Kali to do justice for me but, as I write this, this spirit is here with me, and it unable to understand but It can undertstand, since I know it well and can change in the way it behaves. That said, apart from a banishing ritual or spell to get rid of this spirit, the triangle you mention sounds interesting.
I was thinking on using one of Connelly’s rituals for justice which calls for Leviathan but it also sends the curse back to the person that did this to me and frankly, I do want to get banish the spirit, as I have given it options to leave, and I was seriously thinking of killing the person who sent this spirit as it almost killed me and is a dangerous individual, but has recently become a mother. Kali seems like the likely option.
Thanks again, and sorry for the long reply. I was just wondering about that triangle.

1 Like

Thank you for that. I am working on that, building a relationship with the Gods. I appreciate your input.

1 Like

Man, please break up the text into chunks. Some of us have old eyes :sleepy:

Onto business. I started evoking in late 2018. I used Connolly’s methods originally. I tried the Temple of Ascending Flame rituals and didn’t like them at that time. It may be different now, but whatever.

The triangle was energetic. I prefer to use some incense holders and make a triangle, but the shitty movers broke one of them when I moved from Hawaii to the US East Coast.

I started doing psychic exercises back in the 80’s to try to find out why I could see some spirits as a kid. There was no home internet and YouTube wasnt even a fart in someone’s mind. So, I don’t know that there aren’t better methods now. Probably not, since lasting change still involves work over time, from what I see.

So, I would encourage you to read the simple evocation guide and petition ritual in the tutorials section to get something you can use immediately.

1 Like

Thank you Norse900. I tried the elemental circle by Connely, but it os difficut with the spirit being anoying and it seems its scared to be banished. What does the energetic triangle consist of? I will search the tutorials section either way to see if its there. Thank you

1 Like

The triangle is just a part of the process. I would encourage you to go the petition or simple evocation route. Everything else takes time to learn and do properly.

2 Likes

Very well. Thank you.

1 Like

I know you don’t really get why, but let me ask this. Is a triangle drawn by child magical? No. Some would argue, but they don’t matter here because it would take even longer to.learn and most of it is “because X said so”, which is worthless here.

So, you draw the triangle… You have to energize it and give it power, purpose. Next, you’d still have to forcefully call the entity into it. Then you have to hold it there while doing your other tasks. In your case, against its will, which is not the same as a friendly chat.

It’s not beginner-friendly procedure. But anyone can petition.

2 Likes

I agree. Thanks for the information. I’m in the process of learning.

1 Like

No worries. Raising your vibration can help, too. So spiritual progression is another way to get stronger.

1 Like

How would you forcefully call the entity in? I know you have Demonolatry leanings, so how does this work? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

In my (normally) respectful evocations, triangles typically aren’t used. They aren’t really necessary, as the entity can come into my space in their time and in whatever location they choose to.

But with forceful ones, they’ve usually done something that is unacceptable and now need to taste the other side. The triangle is used because I need to concentrate the energy and focus it into a specific place. It also acts as a container for them, but this is due to opening the triangle with that intent. The triangle itself doesn’t do that and the intent of it being a place to bind them is the first “disrespectful” part of it.

Next, you have to call upon your Will. Link to your divine spark, soul, or whatever gives you authority and use that to both call the spirit and that they should come into the triangle. Think of it as a struggle between your will and energy versus theirs. How hard and long that struggle is will vary. So will how long and hard they struggle while in it. Once they’ve been subdued in the triangle, they don’t seem to have a problem leaving when asked to.

I do have those leanings and prefer a more respectful way of going about things and it was quite difficult when I started forcefully calling entities, let alone into a triangle whose intent (key word there) was to act as a prison. Belial had a lot to do with that transformation, as he coached me early in my evocation practice to “Command” more in both my physical and spiritual lives.

3 Likes

Ooohhhh :zap::zap::bulb::zap::zap:

Now I get it.

:old_key:

I didn’t understand that until you said it that way.

Thanks

2 Likes

You’re very welcome :slight_smile: