Why do I keep forgetting everything an entity teaches me

I keep forgetting everything an entity such as belial or lucifer teaches me, usually it’s the moment or an hour after my ritual with them. for example, the chosen entity will tell me an event about the future, and after the ritual I will completely forget what he or she told me. So with that being said I have a question in mind relating to this issue:

1: could this mean it’s an imposter?

I don’t know what to do about this…and it is quite annoying.

Also, can someone explain to me how to introduce myself is there a topic dedicated to it and I make a whole new post about myself? Is there posts on it and it just reply introducing myself? And I’d love it if someone could link to me somewhere where I could introduce myself, thank you!

-Sacredblood

You can reply to the thread here for the introduction:

intro3

Also, write stuff down. Whatever they teach you, write. You’ll think you’ll remember, chances are you won’t. I learned it the hard way where I couldn’t track my progress. Even if it’s jumbled words or a voice note in your phone’s notes app. Record it. It’s important. When you’re in a trance and come out of it, it’s difficult to recall what happened.

Keep writing and then you’ll start remembering for longer periods of time. Write down your dreams too or discuss it with someone. Recording is important.

1 Like

Thank you so much! :pray:

1 Like

Welcome ^^

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

It’s normal to have a hard time remembering ritual, for the same reason it’s hard to remember dreams. Practice and wrong on lucid dreaming both will help, also take your journal into circle with you and take notes as you go.

1 Like

It’s normal. Forgetting is because of the altered state of consciousness you are in. That’s why Koetting always advises to write things down immediately after closing the ritual.

3 Likes

@AetherDan Please properly introduce yourself as you were asked to do back in June after your first post. CLICK BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

handIntro

2 Likes

As everyone else has said… write stuff down as soon as you come out of the altered state, or just inform the entity that you’re going to occasionally break trance to take notes (if you’re comfortable doing that and feel you can return to the altered state easily).

Being in an altered state for ritual or meditation is similar to being in a dream; your brainwaves are oscillating at a different frequency than usual. Same reason why writing down dreams immediately upon waking gradually trains you to remember them in more detail, and re-reading last night’s dream notes later in the day can trigger additional memories.

The other alternatives would be:

• keep a notebook in your lap and pen in your hand and try automatic writing.
  • put your phone (tablet, computer, laptop, etc) nearby with a voice recorder app running and speak your thoughts/conversations aloud during the ritual so you can transcribe notes later.
1 Like