Where is Amaymon? In new course

Could be, i havent gone through any off the courses so i have no clue if the others are named there. I thought he was refering to the course for the 9 demonic gatekeepers, that one is still a work in progress from the info on the balg site.

I don’t know the answer but if I run into things like that, IMo the best route is to work with the system you’ve got, and then later you can ask the spirits what the significance of this is, and whether these are the gatekeeper spirits for a slightly different system or “level”?

E.A. may answer this as well, that’s just my take on it as someone who hasn’t worked with that exact system. :+1:

1 Like

My personal UPG: Replace Asmodeus with Amaymon, and you’ll have the list of gatekeepers. Amaymon has power over Asmodeus, which is confirmed by the grimoires.

Take it as you will.

5 Likes

Thought there might have been some situation like that.

Maybe Asmodeus has a particular aspect of Amaymon’s power that EA is planning on emphasizing.

2 Likes

Could be. Some say that the three headed creature you see when you evoke Asmodeus is actually Amaymon, with one of his heads being Asmodeus.

I don’t know about that, as they don’t appear as a three headed man-bull-ram thing, but as you know usually spirits take appearances which are metaphors for some of their characteristics. So, the three headed man-bull-ram is a metaphor for Asmodeus being an emanation of Amaymon.

1 Like

If anyone stumbles upon this, the mystery has been solved in latest video. It looks like someone accidently wrote the wrong list of spirits in the promo. They included Lucifer in the list when EA doesn’t include him in person.

The current list is, the new ones.
Asmodeus
Baal
Lucifuge
Beelzebub
Satan

First Four Gatekeepers in Book of Azazel
Amaymon
Azazel
Abbadon
Belial

5 Likes

That’s a bit odd. It would make more sense if Lucifer was a gatekeeper instead of Asmodeus. Or Astaroth, given her historical significance.

Well, Satan is listed (runs away from lit fuse, chuickling insanely! :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Context:

4 Likes

But why Asmodeus?

Also I highly disagree Satan=Lucifer but whatever. Why Asmodeus is my concern

Picture speaks a thousand words, maybe? :rofl:

5 Likes

I thought this was the list

1 Like

That is the list I was referring to in my original question. I should have screen capped the picture like you did to avoid confusion.

Amaymon is not on that list, even though he is mentioned in both videos I posted and in the “Book of Azazel”.

This is making me look a little spergish, but whatever. If you watch his most recent video he mentions all of them except Lucifer.

3 Likes

I’d go by the videos, those are going to be definitive. :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t really see Lucifer as a gatekeeper honestly. He seems more regal? Is that the right term? Anyway just my thoughts. But now I’m wondering too.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Asmoday is Asmodeus who is really Aeshma, “of the bloody mace.” The messenger of Angra Mainyu, so if that’s true then maybe Amaymon is a mask for Ahriman? :thinking:

2 Likes

Everything is a form of Ahriman, she muttered in a mystical tone… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So is “erryman” of form of ahriman too :joy:

Um, perhaps I overstep myself here, but, are not there already NINE powerful, otherworldly psyches that represent aspects of the universe already out there, always seeking to come in regardless of which name they use? In that same vein, I am wholly unwrong to say they are but extensions of the original Ancient Ones of Sumerio-Lvecraftian naming. :x Names merely add or remove layers to the underlining psychic powers one could nigh call elemental in nature; my aforementioned ‘aspects’ of the universe and its psychic\spiritual energies. What need of they for us if we cannot decide on a single name to give them? :slight_smile:

@Lady_Eva, that video…the thumbnail…I don’t even…

@Llaurentieu Sperg. jk

@charles9 Yes, Asmodeus is Aeshma, but still I find it weird how come he’s a gatekeeper, instead of some higher ranking demon. Maybe my conception of “Gatekeeper” is a false one.

@Semyaza They don’t really care what you call them. You could call Satan Marduk and he wouldn’t give a damn. They’re interested in our ascent, for whatever reason (E.A. is planning to find out why this is the case, so stay tuned), not how we view them.

3 Likes

Yes, there are alternate spellings of angels and demons … And some people take the alternate name, and it becomes a mess.An example is Azazel, or Zazel, the spirit of Saturn.
Satan I don’t recall being in the list before, but I know Satan, Belial, Leviathan, and Lucifer are traditional listings.
Amaymon, not the same as Paimon?

1 Like