Where does the concept of demons being evil come from?

Oh my, this is a treasure, also, this might sound novel, but I’ve actually read through the rules before posting (been a moderator before, I know how it can get annoying), and I find it good to know we can actually share PDFs as long as they’re legal and out of copyright.
Now I suppose I’ll leave this thread for a while as I dive deep into this

2 Likes

Yes, the main thing to watch for is the text being out of copyright, but the particular edition that’s been scanned (or any preface and notes) may not be. This besets a lot of the older books because the scans are of recent re-prints. :thinking:

1 Like

In a linear space-time, three-dimensional world sure. But everyone here knows space nor time truly works that way. So there’s a lot of information missing to be making such bold claims.

1 Like

Lady, I can’t really send you a private message, since I’m a new member and all, but I’m an author here in Brazil, and everything you’ve just mentioned here is making my mind go numb with questions and ideas, as in

If a human dies and goes to one of the lower/terrible dimensions, could he work with the demons in there to ascend into higher realms? Or would it be the demon’s interest to keep us there? Or maybe is it something that we’re obligated to conquer on our own?

So, somehow, you’re saying that, regardless of the existence of so many beings willing to work with us and help with us, there is indeed an all-knowing, all-powerful God who’s absolute love? And if so, wouldn’t it be easier to work with him? I mean, I was a Catholic for 18 years of my life, and only after I started working with entities who are, let’s say, closer, I began to see things changing in my life for the better

Here’s exactly what happened. I posted seconds behind you, only because I was too lazy to click out of my post; despite seeing what we said being roughly the same. How is this confusing?

1 Like

I don’t really see why that would make any difference, but I am describing the flaws in the monotheistic model in which mankind is supposed to be unique and angels are on one side, demons on another, which I think is pants. Monotheism sprang from a small tribal ruling that admitted other gods existed and which got way out of hand. That model has cause and effect, and therefore, linear time.

Possibly, but he may have no real memory of having existed outside of it, just like we don’t always fully and automatically remember past lives…

I think if the person was able to get out due to having different aspects of their core selfhood that could lift them out, eventually they would, but again this is going to differ case by case, some people will actually prefer these dimensions and fit right in.

Our reality has its hellish aspects, we must destroy other living sentient beings (including plants) just to live, I’ve heard there are dimensions where this isn’t necessary at all and all things live in peace, without the carnage engine of killing to live which underlies all life forms in our reality (even plants need the decay of other life forms to survive).

3 Likes

Glad it isn’t.

It roughly being similar,
was probably why we’ve been lined up,
to speak together,
through those Non-linear forces.

^^

Which makes me now,
answering as your parrot. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that was an actual possibility in the afterlife, by the way, does it mean that when we die, we’re actually being reborn into a new place, maybe as a baby or something of that sort and have to restart it all over, but in the underworld, or do we have any similarity to the being we used to be in life?

It happens on Earth itself, why should it be different in the other realms? Now, this begs another question: are we, souls who have been alive and dead again, the only ones who can ascend and descend to higher and lower realms, or is this an option other spirits, such as, let’s say, King Marbas, might have?

Now THAT’S what I’d expect a paradise to look like

It makes a world of difference if we’re assuming things about the nature of a god living outside time–in a space we have little access to–because we want to fit the god concept into boxes we feel it ought to.

2 Likes

I can only go by what I have seen, experienced, encountered, and again the answer is: it varies. there does not seem, from my own observations, to be one set destiny, or binary choice (heaven/hell, good/bad) which awaits all humans.

Some people seem to go to different realms that have a hard reset, like birth resets our memories, others go to realms where they might recall some of their former human life.

The whole thing seems rather messy and not orderly, although a person’s belief system will be likely to affect their destination somewhat, so ancient customs and religious beliefs (non-Abrahamic) had real value in preparing people for existence after their body dies.

Even the traditional grimoires state that demons may ascend back into grace, so i think spirits may adjust their dimensional state, maybe more easily than an average human. I’m loathe to keep typing more because I’m far from an expert on this, just recounting what I have observed.

Well, if you go with the Kybalion model, yes, same with (for example) some interpretations of Saivite or Shakta Hindu models of reality, in which linear time is not emphasised, but if you go with the specific model that the idea of demons who “oppose God” comes from, which is the Abrahamic faith, in which linear events happen and one thing causes another, then you are left with that “if ‘God’ is all-powerful, he cannot be all-loving” dilemma.

But that’s a flaw with that model, in which a supposedly loving being set up some creatures to fail then punished their descendents eternally, not a flaw in the concept of Source described in other models.

1 Like

I don’t know. That’s for you to figure out. I do know the literature and history of faiths, which is the only thing I’m debating.

And I wouldn’t pit your results with religion against your experience in the occult. Just like you can be a shit occultist, you can be utter shit at being a believer too.

Not saying you were; it’s just a very poor argument. Especially because spirituality is something that won’t always go your way, despite crossing t’s and dotting i’s. It’s almost not worth mentioning.

1 Like

I can only speak for the Bible with this one; but the documenting of its religious history does not assume a universal interpretation of time, which leaves the nature of time open to debate. Some of the texts even make reference to time not working the way we assume it does in a cosmical sense.

But it was the Bible and related texts I was referring to; it begins with description of a sequence of events in linear time, including the “fall of man” and so on.

Other concepts of ultimate “godhead” are far more nuanced than the Abrahamic faiths.

2 Likes

No It doesn’t. It’s only documenting what happened–which in doing so–only states that time has passed, not that time is linear. I know you get this. The Bible itself isn’t even in chronological order, that’s how ambiguous time is.

1 Like

Time passing > cause and effect following in linear order. :thinking:

The fall - a time before a thing happened, a time after the thing happened = linear.

Well there’s no other way to document time. There also isn’t enough information in the text to assume that’s the only way time works in Abrahamic lore–just that we experience time linearly (obviously).

You’re holding on to this one aspect of my argument as if to say God is bound by time, because that’s the only way Epicurus’ god paradox would hold up.

In short - what determines next birth?, A lot of things, like deep rooted desires, pull from other souls, ur worshipped deity, pacts u have been with spirits, ur actions on Earth etc.

Does demons and other spirits also ascend? Yes, even powerful gods of the highest order do . In my lineage we have list of which powerful spirits, mythological entities got their main power from which sadhana/ spiritual practice.

Do we remember our past lives ? If it is a new yoni, race of being then no unless u consciously retrieve it and that’s a piece
Of cake for category of beings consided superior to humans. If u r a disembodied soul hoovering around u will remember till memory starts to fade away.

1 Like

The word “evil” is derived from the proto-Germanic word “ubilaz” (OE: “yfel”) which originally meant “going beyond” and had no moral connection (this of course was prior to the Christian altering of Western epistemology which first occurred in the Saxon kingdoms). We can determine this because in OE and other old Germanic languages what was attributed to “evil” was disapproval and dislike, later taking on the forms of bad, cruel (adjective), harm (noun), crime, misfortune and disease in Anglo-Saxon.

When you commit a crime or perform and action deemed “evil” by society, the rulers of that society and its cattle disapprove of your actions and dislike you. You are bad - morally reprehensible. This is “going beyond” in the Nietzschean sense - transcending slave morality.

But if we apply this finding of the hidden meaning of “evil” - “going beyond” - to theological and ontological areas, we can also determine that “going beyond” implies transcending the normal, the mundane and the causal. So demons are “evil”.

The knowledge of this hidden meaning must be kept only for the initiated however. Satanism can never become accepted in the form of a religion by society and by the cattle because then it loses its effectiveness to manifest the presence of the nameless dark and sinister gods on Earth. Also, those who adopt transgressive theories and perform transgressive actions in the most extreme manner are kick-starting an alchemical process within themselves - which - when followed to the end, results in the birth of an elite breed capable of bringing forth and manifesting within themselves ancient and limitless sinister energy.

Without undergoing this alchemical process in which the isolation and ostracisation which comes from being branded as “evil” is vital, the aforementioned elite cannot be born and thus the sinister and dark dialect which directly influences the causal and acausal cannot be furthered.

Imagine conducting a black mass and then having all the town come out to support you - bringing refreshments and little cakes and their children. Wouldn’t have the same power or effect would it?

4 Likes

I just discovered this thread, very interesting.
But regarding the case of Anneliese Michel you mentioned: she was epileptic and should have been treated in a hospital rather than getting an exorcism. Yes the tapes are really haunting, indeed. But she was extremely religious and studying to be a religion teacher. Her knowledge about the Bible and her own belief that she was possessed may have added up to this. I’m not convinced she was possessed.

1 Like