What to do to food after offering?

Hiya!
After I offer a food to a spirit, what should i do to it? Keep for a while somewhere? Throw away? I really dont know ^•^ The spirit im going to call might have different tastes but since i got like nothing special to give but i have one tasty thing tbh :stuck_out_tongue:
Have a great day yall!! ^

1 Like

Honestly, best thing I have found to do is simply to ask what they would like you to do with it

3 Likes

Well since you are going to call the spirit why not ask them? I have read posts here about offerings and most people throw it away though. But just to be sure, ask. Or wait for someone more experienced to answer I dunno lol.

3 Likes

@Dralukmun @Magerim Tbh I dont know clairvoyance and such and I dont think I will be able to receive his/her msg ^ Imma tell him/her that I will keep it for a while then throw it respectfully ^

1 Like

Sounds good to me. Just because you can’t hear them doesn’t mean they can’t lol

3 Likes

Sounds good as well but if you have an urge to do something else with it during ritual, go with that instead. Spirits tend to communicate in multiple ways

3 Likes

@Magerim @Dralukmun I see, thanks for help ^•^
Bathin here I come :slight_smile: Needing help with astral projection ^^

2 Likes

A member of the forum once made a post about it (or was it a comment on a post?)
Sorry don’t really remember… But he said Budsturga helped him with astral projection. Just sayin’…

It’s normal for me to leave it either overnight or, at least, as long as possible the same day (for example if there are small children or pets around who may not understand it’s not for them).

Some spirits like Belial may occasionally ask for the food to be left until it goes distinctly rotten, but there is no need to do this unless asked, and even those spirits are unlikely to be offended if this is not possible or if you cannot yet communicate, others may be offended by the same thing, so when in doubt, dispose of it within 24 hours.

There is a method of de-linking any energy from the offering after you have removed it for disposal described here: Tutorial : Tool-Free Magick Using Your Hands.

The simplest method of disposal is to wrap it in some clean kitchen towel, or other clean paper, and place it in the ordinary trash or in the composting bin/compost heap.

Don’t flush things down the toilet unless you have no alternative, this may seem disrespectful, and pour any drinks down the kitchen sink if possible, and not the bathroom or toilet washbasins for the same reason.

If the spirit has an elemental connection (earth, fire, etc.) you could dispose of the offering into that element, by burying it, or pouring it onto the earth or into a watercourse, burning it, or for air, pouring it into your hand then casting it through the air (like farmers do with seeds).

Obviously that might not always be appropriate but it’s one to consider, with the final statement of “I commit this offering to your element, (Spirit’s name), of air/fire/water/earth.”

Do some divination on whether that’s appropriate of course, but it honours the spirit whilst disposing of it in a suitable way.

If they don’t have an elemental attribution, bury it, or maybe leave it out if it’s edible - but please don’t leave out anything with chocolate, raisins, sultanas, current, or grapes, they’re highly toxic to a lot of animals. :slight_smile:

Of all of these, I usually just wrap things in clean kitchen roll and compost them, and would only prance about at crossroads or playing with elements for something very special, because life is busy and if my mind attaches “it’s complicated” to offerings, that is a disincentive to making them as often as I may otherwise do. :man_shrugging: :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi!
For example, in ancient Egypt they ate the food offered to their Gods. Priests also gave it to the normal ppl after their rituals.
And I know Pagans who just eat it as well and they say their Gods are completely fine with that.

4 Likes

Yes, i covered that in the tutorial I linked (also just updated my post on simple pendulums linked from there, the internet ate the images I had uploaded 5 years ago :crying_cat_face: ). :+1:

Thanks a lot ^•^

1 Like

I see :thinking:

I usually leave it out overnight as well.

The next day I will tell the Spirit, that i hope it enjoyed the offering and that i am going to discard it at this point. Ive never had any issues.

3 Likes

Sometimes I do this. I will offer the Spirit the offering, and then after a while, I will partake so that I can partake of the Spirits essence as well. I am.always respectful and give them first dibs though. Its usually just a bite.

I have offered sweets and baked goods before and noticed that when i took the bite - the sweetness was gone. Like the Spirit absorbed it.

I offered a strong whiskey once, and when I took my sip - it tasted like water. So i know that spirit absorbed it.

Offerings are just good period. You are inviting them to your Temple, and it makes them feel welcome.

3 Likes

Im not a pegan but that’s usually what I do and drink the drinks I put out

after some days the food from the altar returns to Mother Earth. I burry the food offerings so that the energy of it continues empowering other beings. The dark Gods are taking care of it

After 24 hours since you start the ritual you can throw the food to the garbage, river give to the street animals, buried it also a option if a you have a place to.

I just put it in the compost after a week or two.

1 Like

Leave it until it’s gone off. Then throw it out. That’s what I usually do, unless a spirit advises me to do something different. It’s never been an issue.